dan-o-mac
Sep 12, 02:27 PM
Personally I'm getting tired of Apple and their color choices. You have to pay more for black? What if you want 8 GB but you don't want black? What then? I'm not liking the approach Apple is taking on the color choices of their products.
Your not paying a premium for the color, you get 8GB. What sucks is you can't get 8GB in colors, lame move on Apple's part with no reason behind it.
Your not paying a premium for the color, you get 8GB. What sucks is you can't get 8GB in colors, lame move on Apple's part with no reason behind it.
champ01
Apr 13, 04:03 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
WOW!
Lets hope it works even better than it sounds.
WOW!
Lets hope it works even better than it sounds.
DakotaGuy
Mar 28, 09:13 PM
Quite obviously you are not the target audience in your Ford Escape.
The original conversation was in reference to someone who drove a V10 Excursion. A vehicle that weighs 8,000lbs.
The Excursion hasn't been in production for a few years. Of course the Expedition and Suburban are still around, but there are actually people who need those types of vehicles. I am a single person so an Escape is all the SUV I need, but if I was married and had 4 or 5 kids then an Expedition, Sequoia, Tahoe or Suburban might make sense. My point was let people buy what they want to buy according to their needs. I would feel silly in a full-sized SUV by myself, but if I had a large family or needed the hauling capacity it would make sense. I don't see a lot of single people without families driving around in Excursions, Expeditions or Suburbans. In fact, out of all the people I know I can't say I know one who has one of those vehicles and doesn't have a family. Now I know a few single people with F-150's, but then again this is South Dakota and people love their pickups.
I'm not even sure how the whole SUV driver thing in relation to where people shop got started. I am sure you there are plenty of very affluent people driving Escalades, Navigators, and Lexus full sized SUV's down to their local Apple store to buy an iPad so what does it matter?
The original conversation was in reference to someone who drove a V10 Excursion. A vehicle that weighs 8,000lbs.
The Excursion hasn't been in production for a few years. Of course the Expedition and Suburban are still around, but there are actually people who need those types of vehicles. I am a single person so an Escape is all the SUV I need, but if I was married and had 4 or 5 kids then an Expedition, Sequoia, Tahoe or Suburban might make sense. My point was let people buy what they want to buy according to their needs. I would feel silly in a full-sized SUV by myself, but if I had a large family or needed the hauling capacity it would make sense. I don't see a lot of single people without families driving around in Excursions, Expeditions or Suburbans. In fact, out of all the people I know I can't say I know one who has one of those vehicles and doesn't have a family. Now I know a few single people with F-150's, but then again this is South Dakota and people love their pickups.
I'm not even sure how the whole SUV driver thing in relation to where people shop got started. I am sure you there are plenty of very affluent people driving Escalades, Navigators, and Lexus full sized SUV's down to their local Apple store to buy an iPad so what does it matter?
elppa
Jan 11, 04:30 PM
Apple anouncesses global WIFI? would be nice to be able to go online with ipod touch/iphone were ever you could :confused:
And how are they going to pull this off infrastructure wise?
I haven't seen anyone errecting a wifi mast in my street yet? :)
And how are they going to pull this off infrastructure wise?
I haven't seen anyone errecting a wifi mast in my street yet? :)
Leaping Tortois
May 5, 08:24 AM
We all know Apple is the king of imaging technologies, they wouldn't release a product with something like a 3D screen without it being perfect and "magical".
No they're not! They use other peoples imaging technology. Generally with an exclusivity contract which is very anti competitive.
No they're not! They use other peoples imaging technology. Generally with an exclusivity contract which is very anti competitive.
MatthewConnelly
Nov 8, 06:20 AM
MatthewConnelly did you refresh your browser every second back then,.. Hehehhee.. Yeah, it just downnn!!
I guess I checked the UK and US stores just at the right times!
I guess I checked the UK and US stores just at the right times!
troyn123
Mar 12, 05:45 AM
Australian store is also down
Mitthrawnuruodo
Sep 14, 07:29 AM
Well, you are already paying for color-screen, video-playback, photo-playback etc. etc. etc.. They seem to be adding features constantly, yet the price does not go up (more or less).Well, since I never liked, or considered buying, a "regular" iPod you're only half-right... colour-screen is just normal development, I guess, probably not much more expensive than monochrome ones, in large quantity... video and games are still not available on the nanos, and hopefully won't be for a long long while, so that is for the buyers of the "regulars" to pay... and photo was developed for the regular iPods, and even if I don't really need or want it, it probably was fairly cheap, too... :)
If you wanted a barebones iPod, you would always have the ShuffleI have my mini, and if I'm to replace that (and not just get a new battery when the time comes) it will probably be with one of the new nanos, which - even with the added photo-playback - is still fairy basic... ;)
If you wanted a barebones iPod, you would always have the ShuffleI have my mini, and if I'm to replace that (and not just get a new battery when the time comes) it will probably be with one of the new nanos, which - even with the added photo-playback - is still fairy basic... ;)
Foxypaco
Apr 11, 03:12 AM
Haha, people still actually buy software from Adobe. The Internet is your friend people.
MattInOz
Apr 15, 01:53 AM
I think it's simpler than that - Apple wasn't ready to tip their full hand, just whet everyone's appetite.
Hence us seeing an older, less complete build while the final version is still being polished.
For those who are expressing outrage that perfect and bug-free applications aren't being delivered - you couldn't afford them. While it can be done, it can't be done for consumer (or even "Pro") level pricing.
I don't about FCP but a lot of other PRO software has moved to yearly updates with maintenance subscription pricing to give users confidence.
I know in CAD/BIM Land we tend to buy this years release for last years features. Not that there aren't new features that will be really useful it takes us about a year to workout how to use them effectively, build that in to office system that can be used consistently and start training people only 3-6 months is the application developers ironing out the bugs.
To me Pro-software is no different to another member of staff, with all the same complications and relationship building energy before increased productivity comes a round.
Hence us seeing an older, less complete build while the final version is still being polished.
For those who are expressing outrage that perfect and bug-free applications aren't being delivered - you couldn't afford them. While it can be done, it can't be done for consumer (or even "Pro") level pricing.
I don't about FCP but a lot of other PRO software has moved to yearly updates with maintenance subscription pricing to give users confidence.
I know in CAD/BIM Land we tend to buy this years release for last years features. Not that there aren't new features that will be really useful it takes us about a year to workout how to use them effectively, build that in to office system that can be used consistently and start training people only 3-6 months is the application developers ironing out the bugs.
To me Pro-software is no different to another member of staff, with all the same complications and relationship building energy before increased productivity comes a round.
Alezan
Mar 12, 05:56 AM
Belgium too, the whole world I guess.
baxterbrittle
Nov 7, 11:54 AM
I'm getting a wierd "Can't connect to application instance" from the Australian Apple store. Haven't seen that one before.
OdduWon
Jul 23, 12:26 AM
this document reading feature just coincides with the wireless rumors. If the Ipod can load web pages. why wouldn't it be able to translate Word, PDF and other popular formats. I would by one, but this sounds as if it would be more delicate than the 5g that I own, the 5g is definitely on the breakable side. could you imagine how much more screen you have to crack, and more pixels to go dead?
true, there is more to break. apple should make it's own brand of cases. the agent 18 that i have is great but it have defects in the viewing area and ( at certain angles ) an multi color look that looks like gas on water. in the sun this is annoying. apple should make cases that fit perfectly and are economical enough that they can be replaced or repaire. though this might make the ipod look fragile if they have to create a seperate case to protect it. but anything is better that the lame leather case that comes with the nano
true, there is more to break. apple should make it's own brand of cases. the agent 18 that i have is great but it have defects in the viewing area and ( at certain angles ) an multi color look that looks like gas on water. in the sun this is annoying. apple should make cases that fit perfectly and are economical enough that they can be replaced or repaire. though this might make the ipod look fragile if they have to create a seperate case to protect it. but anything is better that the lame leather case that comes with the nano
robpow
Jan 11, 04:22 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48a Safari/419.3)
An Apple TV with a tuner?
An Apple TV with a tuner?
steadysignal
May 6, 07:07 AM
Worst rumor ever. Sure let's view web pages in 3D (hint: ads will be jumping around).
+1 to you.
3D will be crap for a while.
and the headaches will be plenty.
+1 to you.
3D will be crap for a while.
and the headaches will be plenty.

Dr.Gargoyle
Aug 3, 05:45 PM
Oh ya... he's something cheesie... this has been on my mind for a while. In january, Steve demoed GarageBand and showed how to make PodCast. He did that fake podcast and said 'Hi this is steve, and this is my Super secret apple PodCast' then he proceded to make jokes about the next iPod... he said the next iPod coming out would have a 10 inch screen and weigh 8 pounds.
Well... Tuesday is 8/10
Remember 2 years ago when Jobs demoed Spotlight... he searched for 'Paris' then searched for iMac. Sure enough... the iMac G5 was released at Paris.
I just thought that was interesting.
Way cool, you are officially my new guru. :) Conspiracy theory is a sadly forgotten art.
Well... Tuesday is 8/10
Remember 2 years ago when Jobs demoed Spotlight... he searched for 'Paris' then searched for iMac. Sure enough... the iMac G5 was released at Paris.
I just thought that was interesting.
Way cool, you are officially my new guru. :) Conspiracy theory is a sadly forgotten art.
fierywater
Mar 11, 02:51 PM
Lol @ the hoax.
That said, I wish there were rumors about the white MacBook. I mean, there's been updates this soon before. The current model isn't too bad, though. :)
That said, I wish there were rumors about the white MacBook. I mean, there's been updates this soon before. The current model isn't too bad, though. :)
ariechel
Sep 13, 03:19 AM
Where is Apple still selling iPods that qualify for the back-to-school Mac+iPod deal? I can't find anything on the Apple Online Store (Switzerland) site...
Skika
May 5, 03:57 AM
Dont see any advantages for browsing, mail,...
BUT
gaming and movies in 3D on that screen?:eek:
Dowant
BUT
gaming and movies in 3D on that screen?:eek:
Dowant
bikertwin
Sep 7, 12:28 PM
Surely Apple can't combine everything into something like http://www.macnn.com/blogs/?p=98.
Or can they?
I normally don't pay attention to Apple patent applications, but this one's a doozie!
Everything from 100% full screen to virtual keys, to selecting different modalities depending on orientation(!), to sensitivity to force of touch, to squeezing, to miniDVD drive, to ....
WOW! :eek:
<edit:>
Or maybe it's really the iTablet? Larger form factor than an iPod? They talk about various operating systems. Maybe it'll be OS X?
</edit>
Or can they?
I normally don't pay attention to Apple patent applications, but this one's a doozie!
Everything from 100% full screen to virtual keys, to selecting different modalities depending on orientation(!), to sensitivity to force of touch, to squeezing, to miniDVD drive, to ....
WOW! :eek:
<edit:>
Or maybe it's really the iTablet? Larger form factor than an iPod? They talk about various operating systems. Maybe it'll be OS X?
</edit>
wkhahn
Sep 22, 05:29 PM
It seems that since Wal-Mart tends to service the very lowest income class in our culture and many of these folks tend to not have computers, and to the extent they do, tend to not have broadband either, it seems there is a degree of mutual exclusivity of markets.
Therefore it seems Wal-Mart is less concerned about the sales themselves as the "benefits" they receive by the physical customer traffic they get from some people going to Wal-Mart to buy intentionally underpriced product so they will shop for other things while there.
I think there may be a flaw in your reasoning. If wal-mart tended to service the very lowest income class, then how does this class propel such a company to become the biggest retailer of just about any consumable good in this country? Wal-mart targets anyone with a buck to spend and will try to sell them anything to help them part with that dollar, be that an iPod shuffle, DVD or box of peanuts.
As for the foot traffic, I doubt that online music sales has any effect on it. If so, how is Walmart still growing?
edited for grammer
Therefore it seems Wal-Mart is less concerned about the sales themselves as the "benefits" they receive by the physical customer traffic they get from some people going to Wal-Mart to buy intentionally underpriced product so they will shop for other things while there.
I think there may be a flaw in your reasoning. If wal-mart tended to service the very lowest income class, then how does this class propel such a company to become the biggest retailer of just about any consumable good in this country? Wal-mart targets anyone with a buck to spend and will try to sell them anything to help them part with that dollar, be that an iPod shuffle, DVD or box of peanuts.
As for the foot traffic, I doubt that online music sales has any effect on it. If so, how is Walmart still growing?
edited for grammer
Ugg
Mar 29, 10:14 AM
War should be avoided wherever possible, and when the congress declares war under a viable threat to the country or our interests, the war should be hard fought, swift, and over.
Can you point out any war in history that meets your ivory tower qualifications?
Can you point out any war in history that meets your ivory tower qualifications?
hexx
Mar 25, 04:09 PM
I started to see problems with battery after 4.3 update. done a bit of research, ping trick didn't work for me. but restart did. the truth is that i'm not running 20 apps as i used to and cut down to roughly half.
but this update seems to be ok with battery so far. been on 62% for last 3 hours, been browsing and tweeting a bit.
but this update seems to be ok with battery so far. been on 62% for last 3 hours, been browsing and tweeting a bit.
thworple
Nov 27, 09:43 AM
Cue iTunes promo with "Come Together" as the soundtrack! (Or maybe "The Long and Winding Road")
No comments:
Post a Comment