gnasher729
Apr 15, 01:13 PM
You are aware you just paid extra for only one think and that is MAC os. By placing windows on it you kind of defeat the purpose of buying a MAC. You wasted a lot of money in fact. Never buy a mac for hardware...Because they do not have the best.
Plenty of people buy Macs for the hardware. If I needed a laptop right now to run Windows and nothing else, then obviously I would have to check whether I am mentally capable of using Windows for any length of time without throwing the laptop out of the window, but once I've found the strength to do that, the 13" MBP or one of the MBAs are probably the least miserable way to run Windows.
Of course, if you are praying every day that your laptop breaks down because you have to use Windows, then a MacBook is not for you.
Ok you keep bring up quality. You are aware that Apple does not Produce the highest quality computers.
Actually, no. I'm not aware of that.
Plenty of people buy Macs for the hardware. If I needed a laptop right now to run Windows and nothing else, then obviously I would have to check whether I am mentally capable of using Windows for any length of time without throwing the laptop out of the window, but once I've found the strength to do that, the 13" MBP or one of the MBAs are probably the least miserable way to run Windows.
Of course, if you are praying every day that your laptop breaks down because you have to use Windows, then a MacBook is not for you.
Ok you keep bring up quality. You are aware that Apple does not Produce the highest quality computers.
Actually, no. I'm not aware of that.
AvSRoCkCO1067
Sep 6, 10:14 AM
As a MBP owner who bought a rev1 model right when they came out -- and has been sending it in to fix its many, many problems constantly, and is now seeing it lag behind the iMacs in speed and power -- I feel like I bought a lemon. Thanks, Apple, for pissing in my face.
....:rolleyes:
As everyone says, technology will always get better and better. You should be happy that Apple is updating its computers, so that when you need a new one, you'll get the latest and greatest (it's much better than never updating and having to wait months and months for a puny, pathetic upgrade...)
As for your problems, I'm sorry :( - I haven't had a single problem with my MacBook Pro yet <fingers crossed> :)
....:rolleyes:
As everyone says, technology will always get better and better. You should be happy that Apple is updating its computers, so that when you need a new one, you'll get the latest and greatest (it's much better than never updating and having to wait months and months for a puny, pathetic upgrade...)
As for your problems, I'm sorry :( - I haven't had a single problem with my MacBook Pro yet <fingers crossed> :)
chuckles:)
Oct 15, 09:29 PM
Take a look at this comparison chart.
http://www.zunescene.com/comparison/
Why dosn't the ipod connect to the Xbox marketplace? :p
and whats a "unique online tag"?
also look @ the official site:
https://www.comingzune.com/
Strange thing making beeping noises. that 'cool'.
http://www.zunescene.com/comparison/
Why dosn't the ipod connect to the Xbox marketplace? :p
and whats a "unique online tag"?
also look @ the official site:
https://www.comingzune.com/
Strange thing making beeping noises. that 'cool'.
liavman
Mar 29, 01:16 AM
Yes I know the current one is selling like crazy, but that only reinforces the fact that Joe Average will buy anything Apple.
I never thought I will hear that about this Mac company ;) What a difference a few years make!!
I never thought I will hear that about this Mac company ;) What a difference a few years make!!
puckhead193
Mar 11, 03:31 PM
dam, could you imagine how many happy people their would be on this forum if apple released new mac pros and macbook pros the same day... i think the servers would crash. and the last purchased thread would be over loaded with new mac goodies :p
AndroidfoLife
Apr 15, 08:03 PM
I honestly think it is one of the dumbest things is to buy a budget PC then get mad that it sucks then drop 1200-2200$ on a mac and say that it is better then all PCs. Pay that much on a PC and you will be surprised at what you get for the price. You will get current technological such as HDMI out built right in, Full hd 1080p screens on a laptop, Blueray burners, SSD start up drive, sata 3.0, USB 3.0 the most current Chipsets from AMD, Nvidia, or Intel. when you pay that much for a pc you get your monies work. People often do not see the high end PC market which is where majority of the innovations take place.
Wouldn't the boards, technically, be foxconn boards?
they buy foxconn and unmarked ASUS boards. ASUS leads in motherboard sells for a reason.
Wouldn't the boards, technically, be foxconn boards?
they buy foxconn and unmarked ASUS boards. ASUS leads in motherboard sells for a reason.
cooknwitha
Sep 12, 12:53 PM
How long does it usually take for new releases to be available? So it's been announced it will be available "today". So.... what's the average? Hours? Minutes?
Yes, I'm an impatient child. :D
Yes, I'm an impatient child. :D
Fraaaa
Mar 25, 01:01 PM
Does it fix the bug for the daylight saver so that I won't get late at work on sunday?
AidenShaw
Mar 28, 11:03 PM
I figured it would sell out quick...I tried to get approval from my boss this morning, and even said it would sell out in a day or two to rush the decision...unfortunately, I should have said hour or two!
Wow, that was fast. At this rate, next year should sell out within an hour. I think if you wanted to go, you needed to get your bosses approval before it was announced.
The second quote is my response to the first.
But there are larger venues available, so it is certainly possible to limit the number of attendees by choosing a venue that is too small.
Ok, but they are only utilizing Moscone West. Why not rent West and North, South or all three. That would allow them to expand without moving.
But then Apple would lose the hype value of being able to say "sold out in N hours".
Apple is a marketing company above all else.
Next Year is going to suck for buying tickets.
If we went from 8 days to 12 hours what will next year be like?
Next year the WWDC will be in a Holiday Inn in Millbrae (SF airport), because all of the city will be booked for the ADC (Android Developers' Conference). ;)
Wow, that was fast. At this rate, next year should sell out within an hour. I think if you wanted to go, you needed to get your bosses approval before it was announced.
The second quote is my response to the first.
But there are larger venues available, so it is certainly possible to limit the number of attendees by choosing a venue that is too small.
Ok, but they are only utilizing Moscone West. Why not rent West and North, South or all three. That would allow them to expand without moving.
But then Apple would lose the hype value of being able to say "sold out in N hours".
Apple is a marketing company above all else.
Next Year is going to suck for buying tickets.
If we went from 8 days to 12 hours what will next year be like?
Next year the WWDC will be in a Holiday Inn in Millbrae (SF airport), because all of the city will be booked for the ADC (Android Developers' Conference). ;)
me354
Sep 4, 10:56 AM
i find it hard to believe that apple has had almost a year to add improvements to the ipods and all we're gonna see is upgraded hardrives.. dont they have an entire division working on these ipods.. they must have figured something out in that amount of time
predictions:
Core 2 Duo Imacs
True Video ipod
bumped nano harddrives(new enclosure?)
one more thing....?
predictions:
Core 2 Duo Imacs
True Video ipod
bumped nano harddrives(new enclosure?)
one more thing....?
digitalnicotine
Jan 11, 05:26 PM
It seems to me that the "something in the air" is all the speculation about what will happen on the 15th. The internet is full of predictions and excitement.
I predict some sort of touch screen UMPC device, an updated mactv box allowing 1080p and wireless itunes movie rentals, and blu-ray drives on the new iMacs, Macbook Pros, and Macbooks, along with an even sleeker design. Whatever happens, I'm confident I won't be disappointed.
I predict some sort of touch screen UMPC device, an updated mactv box allowing 1080p and wireless itunes movie rentals, and blu-ray drives on the new iMacs, Macbook Pros, and Macbooks, along with an even sleeker design. Whatever happens, I'm confident I won't be disappointed.
Brandon Sharitt
Sep 4, 06:57 AM
The following is just me personal guesses as too updates to Apples hardware over the next 6 months or so, with a few coming on the 12th and most by the end of the year.
MacBook Pros updated to Core 2 Duos is a no brainer, though I'm not sure if they'd launch it at such and event, but still possible since it is a bit more than speed bump, and you know Steve would want to brag about his new 64-bit PowerBooks.
Also, the iMacs seem to be in the same boat processor wise, though which Core 2 Duo isn't quite as obvious of a choice. If they could fit a G5 in the form factor, it seems reasonable that they could get Conroe in there too, but Merom would let it run cooler. Considering the large gap between the Mac mini and Mac Pro, a 23" iMac would just make sense, unless the much hoped for Conroe based mid tower was released, though that a lot less likely than a 23" iMac, or even a 30" iMac, so don't hold your breath.
MacBooks, don't hold your breath, possibly price drops to get it to $999 again since Yonah prices have come down since launch, but don't expect a Core 2 Duo any time soon. The MacBook is already eating the MacBook Pro's launch due to the similar specs, so the Core 2 is likely to be the MacBook Pro advantage.
Like the MacBook, the Mac mini could see drops back down to G4 levels, and I would discount the Core Duos across the line, but again, don't look for the Core 2 Duo anytime soon.
As for iPods, I would expect the touch screen Video iPod to come out in time for the holiday season, though maybe not on the 12th. The reason being to compete with the Zune and the fact that there finally seems to be a deal about a movie store. As for the regular iPod, probably 40GB and 80GB versions at the current prices, with a slim chance at a 60GB model at $349. As for the nano, probably doubling of storage on all models(2GB, 4GB, 8GB) at the same price points. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 1GB nano at around $129 either. As for the shuffle, if it survives, 512MB at $49 and 1GB at around $79 or so.
MacBook Pros updated to Core 2 Duos is a no brainer, though I'm not sure if they'd launch it at such and event, but still possible since it is a bit more than speed bump, and you know Steve would want to brag about his new 64-bit PowerBooks.
Also, the iMacs seem to be in the same boat processor wise, though which Core 2 Duo isn't quite as obvious of a choice. If they could fit a G5 in the form factor, it seems reasonable that they could get Conroe in there too, but Merom would let it run cooler. Considering the large gap between the Mac mini and Mac Pro, a 23" iMac would just make sense, unless the much hoped for Conroe based mid tower was released, though that a lot less likely than a 23" iMac, or even a 30" iMac, so don't hold your breath.
MacBooks, don't hold your breath, possibly price drops to get it to $999 again since Yonah prices have come down since launch, but don't expect a Core 2 Duo any time soon. The MacBook is already eating the MacBook Pro's launch due to the similar specs, so the Core 2 is likely to be the MacBook Pro advantage.
Like the MacBook, the Mac mini could see drops back down to G4 levels, and I would discount the Core Duos across the line, but again, don't look for the Core 2 Duo anytime soon.
As for iPods, I would expect the touch screen Video iPod to come out in time for the holiday season, though maybe not on the 12th. The reason being to compete with the Zune and the fact that there finally seems to be a deal about a movie store. As for the regular iPod, probably 40GB and 80GB versions at the current prices, with a slim chance at a 60GB model at $349. As for the nano, probably doubling of storage on all models(2GB, 4GB, 8GB) at the same price points. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 1GB nano at around $129 either. As for the shuffle, if it survives, 512MB at $49 and 1GB at around $79 or so.
Marion
Mar 11, 06:47 PM
As I've stated before, No Way does Apple realease the updated MBPs before the iPad is released!
Yes, I know that they are two different categories, but the MBPs would definitely steal a lot of the iPad's thunder.
I, too, would love to have the MBPs. Unfortunately, we are all just going to have to wait a while longer...
Interesting.... and what is your prediction for International (Int) since we won't get the iPad before the end of April ? I also believed that once, but with different date for the iPad release (US vs Int) and knowing that about 50% of the sales are Int, I'm not sure about that anymore. End of April will be a shame for Apple... Friends around me already have there i7 laptop... but of course, they had to pay the ultimate price... being on Windows :eek:
Yes, I know that they are two different categories, but the MBPs would definitely steal a lot of the iPad's thunder.
I, too, would love to have the MBPs. Unfortunately, we are all just going to have to wait a while longer...
Interesting.... and what is your prediction for International (Int) since we won't get the iPad before the end of April ? I also believed that once, but with different date for the iPad release (US vs Int) and knowing that about 50% of the sales are Int, I'm not sure about that anymore. End of April will be a shame for Apple... Friends around me already have there i7 laptop... but of course, they had to pay the ultimate price... being on Windows :eek:
hamholio
Nov 27, 10:04 AM
Lets hope they remaster them - the stereo effects on the original versions can be really painful on a pair of headphones.
Huh??
For one, they would have to be remixed to fix whatever you find wrong with them.
And then -- I can't figure out what you're talking about. I have no problems listening to any Beatles albums in Stereo. They're perhaps wider stereo soundstages than you'd find today (where albums mostly play the same GD thing out of both channels) -- but that makes them sonically interesting, not unlistenable.
Huh??
For one, they would have to be remixed to fix whatever you find wrong with them.
And then -- I can't figure out what you're talking about. I have no problems listening to any Beatles albums in Stereo. They're perhaps wider stereo soundstages than you'd find today (where albums mostly play the same GD thing out of both channels) -- but that makes them sonically interesting, not unlistenable.
azazel-
Mar 12, 07:20 PM
I just ordered the new 2TB Western Digital, it says it is for PC only, as it is formatted for NTSF, but it'll work on my MPB, right? Even if I have to re-format it?
Is this an external drive in an enclosure..?
Is this an external drive in an enclosure..?
Jovian9
Sep 22, 01:13 PM
F*#% Wal-Mart!
:)
I for one rarely go there (only when I really need an item I cannot find anywhere else). Now I am never going to go there. I needed just one more reason to keep me out of their doors and this is it.
MacRumors members unite:
BOYCOTT WAL-MART
:)
I for one rarely go there (only when I really need an item I cannot find anywhere else). Now I am never going to go there. I needed just one more reason to keep me out of their doors and this is it.
MacRumors members unite:
BOYCOTT WAL-MART
wackymacky
Nov 2, 04:13 PM
Putting aside the fact that Flash is crap, fair enough for Adobe for being so frank.
ceruleanventure
Jul 22, 10:12 PM
First my poor Palm Zire got replaced as an mp3 player by my ipod....and now this lol. Goodbye Zire :D

Krevnik
Mar 25, 03:10 PM
I know. It's insane... Hopefully with iOS 5 we will get some sort of patch system, like on OS X. Makes sense, really.
FF_productions
Aug 3, 02:57 PM
Is that a leopard in the reflection of the X of the disk?
It represents leopard yes...nothing to be excited about...Apple told everyone that they were going to preview Leopard..the banner doesn't give anything away.
It represents leopard yes...nothing to be excited about...Apple told everyone that they were going to preview Leopard..the banner doesn't give anything away.
CorvusCamenarum
May 1, 11:14 PM
Glad to hear your OK Corvus.:)
(that's not to say I don't have sympathy for those that didn't fare so well)
Corvus, glad to hear you, your wife and the cats are ok. I'm sure it must have been terrifying.
Glad your MBP survived too!
So we don't derail this thread (which I plan on getting back to once we've got everything cleaned up around here), I'd like to direct everyone to this thread instead (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1144068).
(that's not to say I don't have sympathy for those that didn't fare so well)
Corvus, glad to hear you, your wife and the cats are ok. I'm sure it must have been terrifying.
Glad your MBP survived too!
So we don't derail this thread (which I plan on getting back to once we've got everything cleaned up around here), I'd like to direct everyone to this thread instead (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1144068).
xxBURT0Nxx
May 4, 11:45 PM
I want to see wifi syncing first...
i feel like this would be a real battery killer... maybe not if you are just adding a few apps and cd's but when i sync ~6gb of music, contacts, calanders, apps, etc. it's a pretty long process over USB... don't even want to know how long it would take over wi-fi, nor would I want to sit around the house for a few hours to finish updating my phone all while the battery is getting raped.
i feel like this would be a real battery killer... maybe not if you are just adding a few apps and cd's but when i sync ~6gb of music, contacts, calanders, apps, etc. it's a pretty long process over USB... don't even want to know how long it would take over wi-fi, nor would I want to sit around the house for a few hours to finish updating my phone all while the battery is getting raped.
berkleeboy210
Sep 4, 04:26 PM
p.s. does anyone know if they will webcast the event?
probably not live, usually a few hours after it'll be posted on apple.com for viewing.
probably not live, usually a few hours after it'll be posted on apple.com for viewing.
kresh
Aug 8, 05:40 AM
I don't mean to sound dumb, well to be honest I can't help it :p
But just how much space is this time machine going to eat up?
If it stores a backup of everything, that's going to get huge in a hurry. For example. What happens if I have a 400 MB video file and I make 20 changes, and save the file after every change.
I could see this growing to be a storage monster if it keeps every iteration of everything that I do. That 400 MB video would take up 8GB in my time machine, with 20 copies of it. Do that 100 times over a couple of years and that just gets nuts
Is it only going to store the actual changes and not the whole file again? This is making my head spin, could someone explain how it's going to store backups physically? I know it's not even out yet, but I figure that one of you really smart people already know how this will work. (You're all smarter than me hehe)
Thanks in advance :)
But just how much space is this time machine going to eat up?
If it stores a backup of everything, that's going to get huge in a hurry. For example. What happens if I have a 400 MB video file and I make 20 changes, and save the file after every change.
I could see this growing to be a storage monster if it keeps every iteration of everything that I do. That 400 MB video would take up 8GB in my time machine, with 20 copies of it. Do that 100 times over a couple of years and that just gets nuts
Is it only going to store the actual changes and not the whole file again? This is making my head spin, could someone explain how it's going to store backups physically? I know it's not even out yet, but I figure that one of you really smart people already know how this will work. (You're all smarter than me hehe)
Thanks in advance :)
No comments:
Post a Comment