iStudentUK
Apr 7, 11:05 AM
The Bible does not instruct believers today to stone or hate anyone. Please don't take things out of context. I agree that people do pick and choose (as you did in your post) the parts of the Bible they want to follow or use to justify their views and choices. In most cases they are taking these parts out of context on purpose or simply do not understand what they are reading or how it fits into the whole of the Bible.
This has been discussed in many threads and maybe later I'll reference the links, but simply put, please don't tell people the Bible instucts people to do things that it doesn't.
As far as what barkomatic is saying, sometimes I really wonder if people on here have a problem with reading comprehension. He's not arguing for religion.
The Bible says many good things and many bad things. I was highlighting some of the bad things to show how people do pick and choose. Consider Deuteronomy 13-
6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers ...
9 ... thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God.
This is pretty clear, and no amount of fitting in with the rest of the Bible or whatever is going to help.vThankfully, people ignore this today. In other words, people apply a moral standard when reading the Bible. The Bible doesn't lead to morality.
I'm disagreeing with barkomatic (and do understand what he is saying). I'm saying religion does not provide the basis for modern morality. I'm saying a structured moral code isn't necessary- it is already there as it is in part innate and in part social.
This has been discussed in many threads and maybe later I'll reference the links, but simply put, please don't tell people the Bible instucts people to do things that it doesn't.
As far as what barkomatic is saying, sometimes I really wonder if people on here have a problem with reading comprehension. He's not arguing for religion.
The Bible says many good things and many bad things. I was highlighting some of the bad things to show how people do pick and choose. Consider Deuteronomy 13-
6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers ...
9 ... thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God.
This is pretty clear, and no amount of fitting in with the rest of the Bible or whatever is going to help.vThankfully, people ignore this today. In other words, people apply a moral standard when reading the Bible. The Bible doesn't lead to morality.
I'm disagreeing with barkomatic (and do understand what he is saying). I'm saying religion does not provide the basis for modern morality. I'm saying a structured moral code isn't necessary- it is already there as it is in part innate and in part social.
Ja Di ksw
Sep 12, 02:03 PM
Did Apple buy out whatever company made Cover Flow? If not, that's fairly shady of them. They didn't even bother to change the name.
JesterJJZ
Apr 11, 01:07 AM
I upgraded to CS5 Master collection like less than a year ago for $1200...WTF? Now they want me to pay $500 for another upgrade??? WHAT TO THE F!!!???
itcheroni
Mar 29, 04:10 AM
I don't know about that. Check out #2 ...
� 1543. Reporting requirement (http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode50/usc_sec_50_00001543----000-.html)
(a) Written report; time of submission; circumstances necessitating submission; information reported
In the absence of a declaration of war, in any case in which United States Armed Forces are introduced�
(1) into hostilities or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances;
(2) into the territory, airspace or waters of a foreign nation, while equipped for combat, except for deployments which relate solely to supply, replacement, repair, or training of such forces; or
(3) in numbers which substantially enlarge United States Armed Forces equipped for combat already located in a foreign nation;
the President shall submit within 48 hours to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and to the President pro tempore of the Senate a report, in writing, setting forth�
(A) the circumstances necessitating the introduction of United States Armed Forces;
(B) the constitutional and legislative authority under which such introduction took place; and
(C) the estimated scope and duration of the hostilities or involvement.
If the United States were under immediate threat, do you really think the president would have to write a report to congress "setting forth the circumstances necessitating the introduction of United States Armed Forces"?
I think the War Powers Act reaches beyond there needing to be an immediate threat.
But please, correct me if I am wrong.
I'm not surprised. Every administration grabs more and more power. I get depressed just seeing how everyone takes it as the status quo and defends it. The Constitution was set up almost as if to stop one person from being able to take up to war on a whim. Well, if Obama has that right, then George Bush III, or whoever will push the limits of his powers even further. I guess that's the power of precedence. If you look at the Constitution, it vests in the Congress the exclusive power to declare war. Things just have a way of changing. I thought Bush was bad enough with Iraq. Now Obama's actions are even worse than Bush's. Obama didn't even put up the charade of making a case.
� 1543. Reporting requirement (http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode50/usc_sec_50_00001543----000-.html)
(a) Written report; time of submission; circumstances necessitating submission; information reported
In the absence of a declaration of war, in any case in which United States Armed Forces are introduced�
(1) into hostilities or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances;
(2) into the territory, airspace or waters of a foreign nation, while equipped for combat, except for deployments which relate solely to supply, replacement, repair, or training of such forces; or
(3) in numbers which substantially enlarge United States Armed Forces equipped for combat already located in a foreign nation;
the President shall submit within 48 hours to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and to the President pro tempore of the Senate a report, in writing, setting forth�
(A) the circumstances necessitating the introduction of United States Armed Forces;
(B) the constitutional and legislative authority under which such introduction took place; and
(C) the estimated scope and duration of the hostilities or involvement.
If the United States were under immediate threat, do you really think the president would have to write a report to congress "setting forth the circumstances necessitating the introduction of United States Armed Forces"?
I think the War Powers Act reaches beyond there needing to be an immediate threat.
But please, correct me if I am wrong.
I'm not surprised. Every administration grabs more and more power. I get depressed just seeing how everyone takes it as the status quo and defends it. The Constitution was set up almost as if to stop one person from being able to take up to war on a whim. Well, if Obama has that right, then George Bush III, or whoever will push the limits of his powers even further. I guess that's the power of precedence. If you look at the Constitution, it vests in the Congress the exclusive power to declare war. Things just have a way of changing. I thought Bush was bad enough with Iraq. Now Obama's actions are even worse than Bush's. Obama didn't even put up the charade of making a case.
daneoni
Aug 24, 07:57 PM
Tried again now and the battery is recognised as valid for the program BUT i'm not sure i want to send this thing in...it works fine. Do i have to?
fstlambo
Mar 14, 08:39 AM
yeah I read that whole thread and all...sounds legit to me...I checked the stock of my local BB (Ohio) and they are starting to go out of stock too.
zim
Jul 22, 11:39 PM
just thinking... add built in text to speech and you have listen to the paper on the way to work :)
what i Love about the iPod is that it is undefined, sure originally released as a music player but it truly has unlimited possibilities. I just wish Apple would speed things up.
what i Love about the iPod is that it is undefined, sure originally released as a music player but it truly has unlimited possibilities. I just wish Apple would speed things up.
the editor
Apr 12, 05:41 AM
I never advocate piracy, but this just encourages some folks to do it. Meanwhile they are rolling in profits. Disgusting. Overreaching. Greed.
About sums it up for me...
The very world/country you live in is build on greed, theft, slavery...and here's something new for you but your probably supporting it every day. But hey whatever you do make sure not to download anything you haven't payed for
Screw it i pay a monthly bill that allows me access to the internets...so in my twisted mind i believe that since i payed for the internets, everything that is downloadable is legit :D
About sums it up for me...
The very world/country you live in is build on greed, theft, slavery...and here's something new for you but your probably supporting it every day. But hey whatever you do make sure not to download anything you haven't payed for
Screw it i pay a monthly bill that allows me access to the internets...so in my twisted mind i believe that since i payed for the internets, everything that is downloadable is legit :D
todd03blown
Mar 28, 12:17 PM
Lenox Mall one in Buckhead. Here without a car, so it has to be something I can Marta to. I got there early this morning and the sign was already up that they were out of stock for the day.
If you have an idea where I could look let me know. I'd love a 64 gig black ATT ready Ipad2. Many coworkers have either the original or the newer iPad and I'm ready to hop on that train.
Try www.milo.com, that should help you locate one in your area.
If you have an idea where I could look let me know. I'd love a 64 gig black ATT ready Ipad2. Many coworkers have either the original or the newer iPad and I'm ready to hop on that train.
Try www.milo.com, that should help you locate one in your area.
MonkeySee....
Nov 24, 07:23 AM
I said if my dad ever met John Lennon: that meant that JL is about the only one with musical talent in the Beatles. Try reading a little bit better next time.
And suggesting, or even blatantly stating, that Beatles and Madonna have transcended music more than Bach is about as musically stupid as it comes. Bach not only wrote his own music (Madonna just drops into a studio every now and then), he could also conduct orchestras (the Beatles could do one thing individually; that's why they are called the Fab FOUR), his impact on developing Baroque music is unquestioned and his composition skills and musical knowledge have been admired by the likes of Mozart, Haydn, and Beethoven.
24 must be your musical IQ; get some education before you enter discussions like this.
I think you need to do a little history reading on The Beatles before you embarrass yourself even more.
Seriously.
And suggesting, or even blatantly stating, that Beatles and Madonna have transcended music more than Bach is about as musically stupid as it comes. Bach not only wrote his own music (Madonna just drops into a studio every now and then), he could also conduct orchestras (the Beatles could do one thing individually; that's why they are called the Fab FOUR), his impact on developing Baroque music is unquestioned and his composition skills and musical knowledge have been admired by the likes of Mozart, Haydn, and Beethoven.
24 must be your musical IQ; get some education before you enter discussions like this.
I think you need to do a little history reading on The Beatles before you embarrass yourself even more.
Seriously.

steezy1337
Oct 26, 08:37 AM
The new version of the Harman/Kardon Soundsticks III has a white light in the sub-woofer instead of blue.
oh really? do you know when they're released?
oh really? do you know when they're released?
iJawn108
Sep 4, 12:38 PM
If the nano's are up to 8 gig and come in a pro-like metal i will be buying it. :p
i would kind of like a memron update for the macbooks but i just may wait till santa rosa(cringes, feels painful).
i would kind of like a memron update for the macbooks but i just may wait till santa rosa(cringes, feels painful).
kiljoy616
May 4, 10:07 PM
Worst rumor ever. Sure let's view web pages in 3D (hint: ads will be jumping around).
Its not for web pages but games for example or training apps. Lots of ways that this will be a good thing. :rolleyes:
Its not for web pages but games for example or training apps. Lots of ways that this will be a good thing. :rolleyes:
mgguy
Mar 28, 11:30 PM
Haven't heard much from Obama about JOBS, JOBS, JOBS lately ...
sam10685
Oct 15, 03:13 PM
I like this guy :-)
where would we be without him?
where would we be without him?
dethmaShine
Apr 2, 05:18 AM
It's true that a high megapixel count is not anything like the most important factor about a camera, but everything else being equal more megapixels is better than fewer megapixels. I seriously doubt Apple is going to add megapixels just for the number on the specs list.
I think the point is that the technical specs of a photo, and the camera it was taken on, can't make a badly lit, poorly composed photo a good one, and (within reason) can't totally destroy the work of a good photographer who knows what they are doing but only had access to a 'lesser' camera.
Another way of looking at it might be that Leonardo da Vinci could do more impressive work with a pencil and paper than many people could do with a studio full of photoshop artists.
Fair enough.
I think that was common sense and wasn't worth mentioning in any context.
I think the point is that the technical specs of a photo, and the camera it was taken on, can't make a badly lit, poorly composed photo a good one, and (within reason) can't totally destroy the work of a good photographer who knows what they are doing but only had access to a 'lesser' camera.
Another way of looking at it might be that Leonardo da Vinci could do more impressive work with a pencil and paper than many people could do with a studio full of photoshop artists.
Fair enough.
I think that was common sense and wasn't worth mentioning in any context.
Amnak
Apr 17, 01:27 AM
people may think this is bad, but actually it's a perfect plan make it the only consumer tablet that anyone sees anywhere and kids make up a huge chunk of what parents purchase. They'll be saying iPad and Apple before Dadda and Mamma
Doctor Q
Nov 23, 05:11 PM
You can save a little money by buying the box set on CD from Amazon, but then your music is in that old-fashioned "hard-copy" format so you have to rip the music to iTunes! :)
Amazon also sells the mono collection, which I've been contemplating but haven't yet purchased.
Amazon also sells the mono collection, which I've been contemplating but haven't yet purchased.
tundrabuggy
Nov 2, 04:28 PM
Putting aside the fact that Flash is crap, fair enough for Adobe for being so frank.
You are in such a HUGE minority of Flash bashers....learn to love it!.....cuz just like taxes, you're gettin' it on your iPhone pal.
You are in such a HUGE minority of Flash bashers....learn to love it!.....cuz just like taxes, you're gettin' it on your iPhone pal.
pabloneill
Nov 8, 09:21 AM
lol, who cares, got the extra 1gb for waiting. Are you unhappy because you got your prediction of "NOT going to happen, it's going to be next year" wrong?
Touche:D :D !!!!!!!!!!!
Touche:D :D !!!!!!!!!!!
ZipZap
Mar 29, 04:08 AM
This is for developers, they come to see what kind of software they need to develop. They don't really care for hardware, and they don't pay this much just to see the announcement of the iPhone, something they could have seen online or just read about. This is all about discussing what Apple wants developers to do in their programming.
Please, its about both. For you cannot have software development without the hardware.
iOS 5 seems to be a draw this time. Sure hope there is enough there to make folks feel like they got their monies worth.
Please, its about both. For you cannot have software development without the hardware.
iOS 5 seems to be a draw this time. Sure hope there is enough there to make folks feel like they got their monies worth.
spicyapple
Sep 12, 01:48 PM
24 hours battery life!! WOW. I want one, in addition to the shuffle! I bought my 4GB nano last month, but should have waited....
~Shard~ my jaw dropped when iLounge first reported the nano was 52% smaller in volume. Too bad it wasn't true, because then I would have had to get one!
~Shard~ my jaw dropped when iLounge first reported the nano was 52% smaller in volume. Too bad it wasn't true, because then I would have had to get one!
Jaro65
Apr 3, 11:51 AM
jeez, 8 whole mega pixels??? Wow fruit, welcome to you sure are being generous here. My android phone has 8mp and it came a full year ago... The pictures it takes are pretty sweet compared to my friends i(paidtomuch)phone4. I'm not trying to bash anyone but I see a lot of fruit boys on here saying they are OK with whatever fruity says. Ya'll really need to revolt or something because that's not right. I guess once the specs are finalized, we will see a 10+ mega pixel camera on either android or windows phone? I have no idea..
I will suggest that perhaps a physical side camera button like the Windows phone has for taking pictures would great because with a touchscreen it is hard to tell if you took a picture in a noisy environment when you can hear the click.
That is all.
PCP
As there are robot boys saying they are OK with whatever the "roboty" says.
That is all.
:)
I will suggest that perhaps a physical side camera button like the Windows phone has for taking pictures would great because with a touchscreen it is hard to tell if you took a picture in a noisy environment when you can hear the click.
That is all.
PCP
As there are robot boys saying they are OK with whatever the "roboty" says.
That is all.
:)
IntelliUser
Apr 4, 03:46 PM
Umm..no. Sorry.
Uhm, yeah. Saying "this is not true and that's it" is no different than "this is true and that's it."
Uhm, yeah. Saying "this is not true and that's it" is no different than "this is true and that's it."
No comments:
Post a Comment