Salacion
Apr 14, 09:46 AM
I bet the non US growth is more like 30/35%. Amazing how they are growing like they are in the US.
I've actually never owned a mac. Ipads and iphones but i'm buying my first mac this year. So I'll add to that US sales growth.
Welcome, you're gonna love it!
I've actually never owned a mac. Ipads and iphones but i'm buying my first mac this year. So I'll add to that US sales growth.
Welcome, you're gonna love it!
Chris Bangle
Sep 7, 11:34 AM
I'm looking for a new iPod. I've out grown my Mini. Hopefully there will be an update to the line.
exactly the same situation im in.
exactly the same situation im in.
NintendoFan
Nov 24, 07:03 AM
It's too bad that these kids will never know how much better sounding a CD can be over 256kbs. I put applelossless on my iPod and when I let someone listen they usually say wow! it sounds so good.
I agree. I think at some point (hopefully) Apple will offer Apple Lossless as an iTunes standard. It will just take a small leap in processing power (CPU or GPU) to convert the files quickly on the fly when syncing. I think we're close, as they do it now, but it still takes too long.
But at 256 I think you get very close for most people to find it hard to distinguish between a Lossless file and an AAC file.
I agree. I think at some point (hopefully) Apple will offer Apple Lossless as an iTunes standard. It will just take a small leap in processing power (CPU or GPU) to convert the files quickly on the fly when syncing. I think we're close, as they do it now, but it still takes too long.
But at 256 I think you get very close for most people to find it hard to distinguish between a Lossless file and an AAC file.
ericdano
Oct 15, 11:59 PM
Steve is smooth, and he gets the point.
There is nothing more to ruin the moment, whether it be with a pretty girl, or with someone you are having a friendly convesation with, than to start fumbling with MENUS. The spontanity is lost once 2 people need to remove their Zunes from their pockets, go through a few menus, and then send a song over wireless. THEN listen to it. ALONE.
Wireless will come on iPod when its good and ready. It isnt right now.
motulist: you are right on cue. You just described what will be the real Zune experience.
Actually, the whole thing kind of reminds me of the whole internet thing where we had that Push technology. What was that stupid application that Windows users ran?
http://www.dbmsmag.com/9703d02.html
Anyhow, Zune is like that. You have to push it to someone. The better idea would be to have people be able to "open up" their Zunes (or iPods), and people could look around on their Zune (or iPod) and see what people are listening to around them. And if they like it, then grab it and let them play it for X amount of times or days. More of a PULL technology.
Still, just sharing earbuds is more social, but if you had broadcasting on an iPod or Zune, that would make more sense, at least to me....
There is nothing more to ruin the moment, whether it be with a pretty girl, or with someone you are having a friendly convesation with, than to start fumbling with MENUS. The spontanity is lost once 2 people need to remove their Zunes from their pockets, go through a few menus, and then send a song over wireless. THEN listen to it. ALONE.
Wireless will come on iPod when its good and ready. It isnt right now.
motulist: you are right on cue. You just described what will be the real Zune experience.
Actually, the whole thing kind of reminds me of the whole internet thing where we had that Push technology. What was that stupid application that Windows users ran?
http://www.dbmsmag.com/9703d02.html
Anyhow, Zune is like that. You have to push it to someone. The better idea would be to have people be able to "open up" their Zunes (or iPods), and people could look around on their Zune (or iPod) and see what people are listening to around them. And if they like it, then grab it and let them play it for X amount of times or days. More of a PULL technology.
Still, just sharing earbuds is more social, but if you had broadcasting on an iPod or Zune, that would make more sense, at least to me....

Dragomer
Apr 17, 01:05 PM
I was in my local Asheville BB last night and they had 0 physically in stock. I was first in the line of about 20 at BB this morning and they had 2 each of the 32 and 64gb ATT and Verizon ipads, but no wifi only. Since i have an Iphone 4 I couldn't care less about the 3g ones.
The reservation thing is just total BS if you ask me. Give us $100 bucks so we can let you know whenever they come in. No thanks guys I'll pass. Great way to piss a lot of people off though!
I ran into a few people who saw it on macrumors though so that was cool at least.....
The reservation thing is just total BS if you ask me. Give us $100 bucks so we can let you know whenever they come in. No thanks guys I'll pass. Great way to piss a lot of people off though!
I ran into a few people who saw it on macrumors though so that was cool at least.....
azentropy
Nov 8, 08:48 AM
Nice little bump, right about what I expected except even the low end should have at least 1GB of RAM.
I still have my fingers crossed the website is down because Apple is finally filling the product line hole of a headless machine in between the Mac mini and the Mac Pro for those of us who already have a nice monitor and need something more powerful than a mini but less expensive than a Mac Pro.... A nice mini-Tower using Conroe chips in the $1200-$1800 range would be nice...
I still have my fingers crossed the website is down because Apple is finally filling the product line hole of a headless machine in between the Mac mini and the Mac Pro for those of us who already have a nice monitor and need something more powerful than a mini but less expensive than a Mac Pro.... A nice mini-Tower using Conroe chips in the $1200-$1800 range would be nice...
STLSigns
Sep 24, 06:29 AM
New here. Second post. Not a fan of WM. Anyway what is up with this...
http://money.cnn.com/2006/09/15/news/companies/walmart_DVD/?postversion=2006091521
The digital movie is coming. I only hope I can help without WM.
http://money.cnn.com/2006/09/15/news/companies/walmart_DVD/?postversion=2006091521
The digital movie is coming. I only hope I can help without WM.
ssamani
Sep 12, 02:50 PM
I've downloaded the dmg and the installer has a customize option. In it there is a greyed out option to install "iTunes Phone Driver"... is that just the Motorola Rokr driver?
cmwhitley
Mar 29, 12:48 PM
You're right. How insensitive of them to not base their business decisions on your upgrade cycle. No, wait. That's ridiculous. Never mind.
If the reports are to be believed, if they were to release iPhone 5 in June it wouldn't have LTE. You'd just be getting a slightly upgraded version of the 4. Wouldn't you rather wait another 4 months and get something much more future-proof?
As I said, they have the right to release their products when they want. I'm not suggesting that they release new updates based on my upgrade schedule. BUT, it's still not cool with ME, because of the way my upgrade schedule is falling. I get it; that's MY problem, not Apple's. But it's still a problem.
The point is that I'm gonna need a new phone soon. I'd like for that phone to be an iPhone--I love the product. But I can't see putting up with an already frustratingly slow piece of equipment for another six months in the HOPE of getting something more future-proof; especially when I have the option of purchasing something else now that is already more future-proof than the iPhone 4.
Has anyone explained WHY a June iPhone couldn't have 4G capability, when Android phones like the Atrix already do?
BTW, I'm not trying to be snarky; I just had my hopes up for a summer iPhone release (since Apple has released a new model every summer since the original). I'm just a little disappointed. Bad timing, I guess.
If the reports are to be believed, if they were to release iPhone 5 in June it wouldn't have LTE. You'd just be getting a slightly upgraded version of the 4. Wouldn't you rather wait another 4 months and get something much more future-proof?
As I said, they have the right to release their products when they want. I'm not suggesting that they release new updates based on my upgrade schedule. BUT, it's still not cool with ME, because of the way my upgrade schedule is falling. I get it; that's MY problem, not Apple's. But it's still a problem.
The point is that I'm gonna need a new phone soon. I'd like for that phone to be an iPhone--I love the product. But I can't see putting up with an already frustratingly slow piece of equipment for another six months in the HOPE of getting something more future-proof; especially when I have the option of purchasing something else now that is already more future-proof than the iPhone 4.
Has anyone explained WHY a June iPhone couldn't have 4G capability, when Android phones like the Atrix already do?
BTW, I'm not trying to be snarky; I just had my hopes up for a summer iPhone release (since Apple has released a new model every summer since the original). I'm just a little disappointed. Bad timing, I guess.
MacRumors
Nov 8, 07:35 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)
Apple announced the new Core 2 Duo MacBooks today...
Apple(R) today unveiled its new line of MacBook(TM) consumer notebooks that now include Intel Core 2 Duo processors. Just one-inch thin, the new MacBooks are up to 25 percent faster than the previous generation and feature a built-in iSight(R) video camera for on-the-go video conferencing, Apple's MagSafe(TM) Power Adapter that safely disconnects when under strain, and iLife(R) '06, Apple's award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications.
Three models: white 1.83 GHz and 2.0 GHz MacBook models, and a black 2.0 GHz MacBook model.
$1099: 13.3", 1.83GHz, 512MB, 60GB, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
$1299: 13.3", 2.0GHz, 1GB, 80GB, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
$1499: 13.3", 2.0GHz, 1GB, 120GB, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
Additional build to order options: upgrade to 80GB, 120GB, 160GB or 200GB drive or up to 2GB RAM. The new MacBooks are available immediately through the Apple Store.
The 1.83 GHz, 13-inch white MacBook, for a suggested retail price of
$1,099 (US), includes:

canadian money clipart.

canadian money clipart. canadian money clipart,

canadian money clipart. Objects Clipart

money clipart uk.

canadian money clipart.

How many of you that have been waiting and whining actually took the plunge this morning? Yep! canadian money clipart. 5 dollar bill clip art.

canadian money clipart. winter bio canadian money; winter bio canadian money. TheBobcat. Dec 1, 02:20 PM. I think Apple#39;s response to this,

money clipart for kids. face

canadian money clipart. counting canadian money; counting canadian money. nagromme. Jul 11, 02:32 PM
Apple announced the new Core 2 Duo MacBooks today...
Apple(R) today unveiled its new line of MacBook(TM) consumer notebooks that now include Intel Core 2 Duo processors. Just one-inch thin, the new MacBooks are up to 25 percent faster than the previous generation and feature a built-in iSight(R) video camera for on-the-go video conferencing, Apple's MagSafe(TM) Power Adapter that safely disconnects when under strain, and iLife(R) '06, Apple's award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications.
Three models: white 1.83 GHz and 2.0 GHz MacBook models, and a black 2.0 GHz MacBook model.
$1099: 13.3", 1.83GHz, 512MB, 60GB, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
$1299: 13.3", 2.0GHz, 1GB, 80GB, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
$1499: 13.3", 2.0GHz, 1GB, 120GB, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
Additional build to order options: upgrade to 80GB, 120GB, 160GB or 200GB drive or up to 2GB RAM. The new MacBooks are available immediately through the Apple Store.
The 1.83 GHz, 13-inch white MacBook, for a suggested retail price of
$1,099 (US), includes:
leandromp
Nov 12, 02:37 PM
the app store with more than 70,000 apps out there, doesn't give a rat ass about a developer leaving the App store. wrong, but they still don't care.
besides, what are you talking about?
thats one of the best apps!
besides, what are you talking about?
thats one of the best apps!
VPrime
Oct 25, 06:22 PM
Here is my hackintosh set up.
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/murtaza911/5bafc82c.jpg
I then have a macbook beside my bed, but don't have any pictures of that.
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj208/murtaza911/5bafc82c.jpg
I then have a macbook beside my bed, but don't have any pictures of that.
hazza.jockel
Nov 2, 09:10 PM
Didn't read through the whole thread so i'm not sure if this had been mentioned but there was a story on the TWIT the other day about a CEO who bought an iphone and tried to view his company's website but he couldn't because it was flash based. He then made his IT department completely re-write the website so that he could view it on his iphone.
I assume as the iphone becomes a more business orientated mobile more website may move away from flash.
IMO though I rarely go to a site where i need flash so i don't really care if it come to the iphone or not.
I assume as the iphone becomes a more business orientated mobile more website may move away from flash.
IMO though I rarely go to a site where i need flash so i don't really care if it come to the iphone or not.
nagromme
Aug 2, 07:51 PM
Mass attacks--viruses/worms/etc.--are by far the most likely threat to encounter, but you can also be individually attacked, or tricked by someone's WiFi trap. Mac owners too should keep that in mind. Just because we are so safe from viruses doesn't mean security is ever 100%.
And the people doing this demo seem to have been responsible about it--telling Apple and the other affected companies the details, but NOT telling the public.
So... good catch!
And the people doing this demo seem to have been responsible about it--telling Apple and the other affected companies the details, but NOT telling the public.
So... good catch!

AP_piano295
Mar 29, 11:50 AM
I wonder what Rand thinks about the sale of US military goods to foreign countries? Surely the sale of such, especially to militant countries like Iraq, Libya, Israel, etc, violates his sacrosanct policy of non-intervention.
But to not be allowed to sell weapons would violate his free market capitalism solves all problems philosophy. Cruise missiles don't kill people, people kill people ;)
But to not be allowed to sell weapons would violate his free market capitalism solves all problems philosophy. Cruise missiles don't kill people, people kill people ;)
p0intblank
Aug 3, 08:29 PM
That thread Spook posted is hilarious! Man we're so many people 100% wrong with their opinions... the iPod owns the world now! I wasn't a fan of Apple back when the iPod was introduced, so I didn't have any expectations. I didn't even know it was coming. But now I sit here with both my 3G 30GB and 5G 60GB iPods on my desk. :D
ju5tin81
Sep 6, 10:17 AM
Anyone notice that you can configure a Mac Mini with a 160 GB hard drive. They're 2.5" aren't they? So that suggests 160 GB will be an option in Apple notebooks soon.
I guess that's not really an unexpected move. I only hope that we get a real 2nd Gen MBP with goodies that have developed since the first (rushed out?) attempt. I'd like one right now, but the longer we have to wait, the more optimistic I get.
Things I'd like in a 15" MBP: Easy-change drive/RAM, faster superdrive, FW800, Macbook-style latch & keyboard.
Why though are the MacBook drives so much more expensive on BTO?!? �80 more expensive to go from 60-120 on a MacBook V's the mini... Same drive surely....
I guess that's not really an unexpected move. I only hope that we get a real 2nd Gen MBP with goodies that have developed since the first (rushed out?) attempt. I'd like one right now, but the longer we have to wait, the more optimistic I get.
Things I'd like in a 15" MBP: Easy-change drive/RAM, faster superdrive, FW800, Macbook-style latch & keyboard.
Why though are the MacBook drives so much more expensive on BTO?!? �80 more expensive to go from 60-120 on a MacBook V's the mini... Same drive surely....
toughboy
Aug 29, 09:32 AM
Well since Windows has about 95% of the market, which don't include the bootcamp users, I thinking a lot of people will be.
All of the people I know (except the ones who got their windoze bundled) did not "BUY" their windows, but still use it on their PCs.. ;)
All of the people I know (except the ones who got their windoze bundled) did not "BUY" their windows, but still use it on their PCs.. ;)
cfanyc
Sep 6, 08:43 AM
hmmm why 3gigs of ram and not 4?
Do you think it will work with 2 2gig sticks and they just dont support it?
weird.
Do you think it will work with 2 2gig sticks and they just dont support it?
weird.
NT1440
Mar 10, 11:01 PM
I do understand ... very clearly
we do not need to cut corners on things like Helicopters by hanging onto ancient machines like the Sea King Helicopters or as they are known ..."flying coffins"
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/cdnmilitary/seaking.html
What aggression does Canada have to defend itself against? Or are you in the mindset that you guys should be imperialistic like us?
we do not need to cut corners on things like Helicopters by hanging onto ancient machines like the Sea King Helicopters or as they are known ..."flying coffins"
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/cdnmilitary/seaking.html
What aggression does Canada have to defend itself against? Or are you in the mindset that you guys should be imperialistic like us?
JGowan
Mar 28, 11:11 PM
Are we under the assumption that the Lion upgrade will be $29?
I haven't been around for a release past Snow Leopard so I'm not sure what to expect.It'll be $129 — the same as ALL of the past upgrades except for Snow Leopard which was Leopard but just a slimmed-down, rewriting of the OS. Apple felt that without a lot of core new features being added, they would give the public a break and just charge a nominal fee for Snow Leopard, rather than the typical $129.
Don't listen to anyone who says differently. It will be $129.
I haven't been around for a release past Snow Leopard so I'm not sure what to expect.It'll be $129 — the same as ALL of the past upgrades except for Snow Leopard which was Leopard but just a slimmed-down, rewriting of the OS. Apple felt that without a lot of core new features being added, they would give the public a break and just charge a nominal fee for Snow Leopard, rather than the typical $129.
Don't listen to anyone who says differently. It will be $129.
jaxstate
Aug 29, 08:44 AM
Seems cheap to me. I'll be there to get my copy day one. I think it's going to be a leap over XP.
mandis
Aug 24, 06:42 PM
Bugger!! Just checked the serial on my Powerbook G4...
A1078 - 3K4415RQRV8A
Should i grab the fire hose? :eek:
A1078 - 3K4415RQRV8A
Should i grab the fire hose? :eek:
JAT
Apr 13, 10:55 AM
I love the Hecho en China threads!
Every time, posters come out to support China and insult the US. They all use the same talking points:
US workers are lazy
Unions are evil
Regulations against pollution, etc are burdensome
An iPhone would cost $1000 or even more!
Taxes on rich people/corporations are too high.
Hmmm.....sponsored by our right wing, or by Foxcon?
You do understand that the right wing backbone is low income factory worker types in the so-called red states, right?
Every time, posters come out to support China and insult the US. They all use the same talking points:
US workers are lazy
Unions are evil
Regulations against pollution, etc are burdensome
An iPhone would cost $1000 or even more!
Taxes on rich people/corporations are too high.
Hmmm.....sponsored by our right wing, or by Foxcon?
You do understand that the right wing backbone is low income factory worker types in the so-called red states, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment