
Disc Golfer
Mar 15, 10:17 AM
New Powerbooks Tuesday :eek:
Jetson
Oct 15, 07:55 PM
One thing I really hate about this Zune thing is the amount of free publicity Microsoft has gotten.
For months on end we've been bombarded with Zune-friendly "news" articles calling it an "iPod killer". Even before Microsoft had a name for it, before they had any sort of design for it, while it was still vaporware, the media kept hammering home, "iPod killer" while seeming to drool over the prospect.
There's STILL no actual product on the store shelves.
It's disgusting, really.
For months on end we've been bombarded with Zune-friendly "news" articles calling it an "iPod killer". Even before Microsoft had a name for it, before they had any sort of design for it, while it was still vaporware, the media kept hammering home, "iPod killer" while seeming to drool over the prospect.
There's STILL no actual product on the store shelves.
It's disgusting, really.
runplaysleeprun
Aug 24, 01:47 PM
crap-o-rama, both of mine are a1045.
not fair, i want the possibility of fire erupting from my lap.
from the powerbook, that is.
not fair, i want the possibility of fire erupting from my lap.
from the powerbook, that is.
Mattie Num Nums
Apr 12, 04:59 PM
I totally agree. Whenever I read news stories about Apple on Yahoo! Finance, I see comments that vilify Apple for being a "greedy corporation" that sent jobs to China. I'm getting sick and tired of those phony patriots who have the gall to call Apple a greedy corporation for manufacturing things in China to save money, even though those same people happily buy cheap goods without caring in the least if they're made in China or not.
Here's food for thought for all of them. Some of the best Android phones on market, like the HTC EVO 4G, is made in Taiwan. HTC is a Taiwanese company. Where's the vitriol for HTC? Where's the outpouring of patriotism, where they refuse to buy a product made in "repressive China?"
The difference being HTC is a Taiwanese company... Apple is an "American" company. You know, Designed in Cupertino...
Here's food for thought for all of them. Some of the best Android phones on market, like the HTC EVO 4G, is made in Taiwan. HTC is a Taiwanese company. Where's the vitriol for HTC? Where's the outpouring of patriotism, where they refuse to buy a product made in "repressive China?"
The difference being HTC is a Taiwanese company... Apple is an "American" company. You know, Designed in Cupertino...
rusty2192
Mar 5, 08:58 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/yz85ridr/DSC_0087-1.png?t=1299296470
f/11 1/160 ISO100 22mm
I really like this one. I love the use of b&w with its high contrast. My eye starts on the front left pillar, then is pulled to the right column along the shaft of light on the ground to the bright side of the right column, then the contrast pulls me to the dark side, which then pulls to the bright side of the back left pillar and eventually leads to the perfectly lit Washington Monument. Where were you standing? Lincoln Memorial? This is of course assuming that I am correct in guessing thats DC and not some other monument somewhere in the world.
f/11 1/160 ISO100 22mm
I really like this one. I love the use of b&w with its high contrast. My eye starts on the front left pillar, then is pulled to the right column along the shaft of light on the ground to the bright side of the right column, then the contrast pulls me to the dark side, which then pulls to the bright side of the back left pillar and eventually leads to the perfectly lit Washington Monument. Where were you standing? Lincoln Memorial? This is of course assuming that I am correct in guessing thats DC and not some other monument somewhere in the world.
powerbook911
Aug 24, 07:53 PM
Yep. Mine is within range, and it tell ms the battery is invalid! :(
Furthermore, tried calling support all day, and it said they couldn't serve me right now.
I want this new battery. My battery isn't very good anymore, and I wasn't wanting to spend $120. Now (hopefully) I won't have to! :)
Furthermore, tried calling support all day, and it said they couldn't serve me right now.
I want this new battery. My battery isn't very good anymore, and I wasn't wanting to spend $120. Now (hopefully) I won't have to! :)
SevenInchScrew
Sep 14, 10:59 AM
By the way, am I the only person here who thinks Halo Combat Evolved was the best? Halo 3 comes in very close for me.
Halo: CE was great, and was one of my most memorable experiences in games. I'd never been into shooters before playing it, so I didn't go in with any preconceived notions or anything. It was a blast right from the get-go.I liked Halo 3, but not nearly as much as CE, or even ODST for that matter. The writing and story in Halo 3, while great sci-fi, are a bit silly, in my opinion. I liked ODST for the dark, gritty, get-out-alive feel it had. It had a great story, and was very well voice acted as well.
I'm just waiting for UPS to show up with my Legendary version and Reach console, then I will start playing. I'm hearing, from a large number of people who's opinions I respect, that Reach is just slightly below CE in the list of great Halo games. So, it is looking like Bungie went all out, and successfully so, with their last Halo game. I can't wait to dig in.
Halo: CE was great, and was one of my most memorable experiences in games. I'd never been into shooters before playing it, so I didn't go in with any preconceived notions or anything. It was a blast right from the get-go.I liked Halo 3, but not nearly as much as CE, or even ODST for that matter. The writing and story in Halo 3, while great sci-fi, are a bit silly, in my opinion. I liked ODST for the dark, gritty, get-out-alive feel it had. It had a great story, and was very well voice acted as well.
I'm just waiting for UPS to show up with my Legendary version and Reach console, then I will start playing. I'm hearing, from a large number of people who's opinions I respect, that Reach is just slightly below CE in the list of great Halo games. So, it is looking like Bungie went all out, and successfully so, with their last Halo game. I can't wait to dig in.
FadeToBlack
Sep 12, 06:54 PM
Is it just me or do the colors seem brighter than the Mini's? It could just be my screen.
They look brighter to me, as well. Can't wait to get my Silver one!
They look brighter to me, as well. Can't wait to get my Silver one!
Charlie Sheen
Mar 25, 03:11 PM
Can anyone who has done the update confirm whether or not PING is ON by default or not?
if you have turned it off in the setting its off. otherwise its on by default
if you have turned it off in the setting its off. otherwise its on by default
Clive At Five
Sep 22, 12:52 PM
Last I checked, Wal*Mart sells iPods (Shuffles at least), correct? So a victory in the iPod dep't is a victory for Wal*Mart....?
Okay, probably not. Still, Wal*mart could try to work out some sort of deal with Apple as well... but that's unlikely.
Poor Wal*Mart. After ol' Sam kicked the bucket, the company just hasn't been the same. Now his greedy kids are turning it into an evil empire.
-Clive
Okay, probably not. Still, Wal*mart could try to work out some sort of deal with Apple as well... but that's unlikely.
Poor Wal*Mart. After ol' Sam kicked the bucket, the company just hasn't been the same. Now his greedy kids are turning it into an evil empire.
-Clive
MrFrankly
Aug 24, 03:48 PM
why are two different Apple websites giving slightly DIFFERENT serial numbers? one is 3K***** and the other is 3X*****
I suspect someone has written down those numbers and gave them to the web designer...an X looks very much like a K sometimes when written down.
I suspect someone has written down those numbers and gave them to the web designer...an X looks very much like a K sometimes when written down.
thermodynamic
Apr 11, 06:40 PM
Hmmm, so I wonder what will the pricing be for those that don't jump to 5.5? Will 5 to 6 be priced the same as 5.5 to 6? What will be cheaper?
I looked at going from Master Collection CS 4 to CS 5.5, especially as I have a spare Mac license that I'd rather upgrade... that cost is $949.
O U C H.
It's too early to say what CS5->CS6 will be; it could be the same $550 or it could be $950.
Future upgrades might just be the Web Premium package and sticking with the standard CS5 releases for the non-essential apps.
But, as they sell less, they'll just raise the prices again. As if that will magically increase market share in return... :rolleyes:
I looked at going from Master Collection CS 4 to CS 5.5, especially as I have a spare Mac license that I'd rather upgrade... that cost is $949.
O U C H.
It's too early to say what CS5->CS6 will be; it could be the same $550 or it could be $950.
Future upgrades might just be the Web Premium package and sticking with the standard CS5 releases for the non-essential apps.
But, as they sell less, they'll just raise the prices again. As if that will magically increase market share in return... :rolleyes:

Shookster
Nov 2, 04:22 PM
Apple restricts use of technologies required by products like Flash Player. Until Apple eliminates these restrictions, Adobe cannot provide Flash Player for the iPhone or iPod Touch.
People don't care about Flash Player itself, they just want the ability to play video in the browser, which the iPhone is perfectly capable of doing. So instead of lobbying Apple for Flash support we should be lobbying web developers for video tag support.
People don't care about Flash Player itself, they just want the ability to play video in the browser, which the iPhone is perfectly capable of doing. So instead of lobbying Apple for Flash support we should be lobbying web developers for video tag support.
Satoneko
Oct 12, 04:48 PM
Just an ordinary Mac Setup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soyburger/sets/72157594228629049/
WOW!
Curious to know what is your idea of an extra-ordinary Mac Setup?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soyburger/sets/72157594228629049/
WOW!
Curious to know what is your idea of an extra-ordinary Mac Setup?
LaMerVipere
Oct 16, 03:18 AM
Number One checking in! Seriously, I started the first "Post Your Mac Setup" thread.
It still boggles my mind that this has made it to 13 parts and is still going strong! *knock on wood* I hope it never ends!
I just sold my MacBook Pro but once my iMac arrives I will take photos of my setup for everyone. It's definitely changed a lot since then, lol.
Plus, everyone else's photos are making me super envious!
:apple:
It still boggles my mind that this has made it to 13 parts and is still going strong! *knock on wood* I hope it never ends!
I just sold my MacBook Pro but once my iMac arrives I will take photos of my setup for everyone. It's definitely changed a lot since then, lol.
Plus, everyone else's photos are making me super envious!
:apple:

devilot
Aug 24, 08:34 PM
I did phone in and after a mere 30 minutes on hold, spoke w/ a rather angry man (who is actually an iPod tech who got called over to handle this battery business) and he said my battery falls within the recall range, but to just re-try the website later.
I tried, and the web-app is still telling me I have an invalid battery. Argh.
I tried, and the web-app is still telling me I have an invalid battery. Argh.
Moyank24
Nov 23, 04:31 PM
That's actually pretty impressive.
It really is. So much for all the people who thought the big deal Apple was making out of it was lame.
It really is. So much for all the people who thought the big deal Apple was making out of it was lame.
aiqw9182
May 4, 10:06 PM
If they did go this route it would have to use glasses free 3D. I'm sure they would also have the ability to turn it off just like the Nintendo 3DS so I don't see why there would be a cause for alarm.
Chrisdanger
Mar 19, 10:43 AM
iPod classic has had an amazing run, but to innovate, you have to sometimes leave the old device behind and go with the new. The future of iPod is (and has been) the touch and mini devices.
fstlambo
Mar 13, 02:22 PM
Yeah I'm happy to wait for the new editions to come out...heck if it comes out these next weeks I'll be happier. I do think Apple has held it out a bit too long, but I think we'll all be happy once it comes out.
Heck it'll be a hell of a lot better than the HP laptop I own...god it's so slow.
Heck it'll be a hell of a lot better than the HP laptop I own...god it's so slow.
thisisahughes
Mar 28, 10:18 PM
Wonder when Toys R Us will get their shipment. :rolleyes:
Circuit City will be getting them in April. :D
Circuit City will be getting them in April. :D
ThomasJL
Apr 17, 03:15 AM
It's both sad and sickening to see how many Apple fanboys are elitists who only want Apple products to be sold at upscale stores. Such fanboys want Apple products to be regarded as high-end fashion accessories and status symbols. What a shame that Apple has such a feminized culture associated with it. I miss the days when Apple products were regarded as tools for accomplishing tasks.
green86
Mar 29, 11:08 AM
Something tells me that one still using a 3GS isn't likely a must have "latest and greatest" kind of consumer. I had a 3GS which I bought on Day One. ATT let nearly everyone upgrade early to the 4 so I did. It was a no brainer. Why you stuck it out w/ the 3GS I can't say but to be bitching and moaning Apple doesn't upgrade fast enough like you are is silly. If you only upgrade every 3 years what difference would more frequent upgrades possibly make in your life? I think you protesteth too much.
Something tells me your drinking Apple koolaid.
I had the original iPhone when it was less then two months old, and bought the 3gs shortly after it's release too.
Not that it is any of your business, but I upgrade in my equipment in cycles. Instead of the craptastic iPhone 4, I bought a Sony Nex-5 with three lenses and a MacBook Pro i7 HR. This year it's time for a new phone. Soon.
It was a nobrainer for me not to upgrade to a POS. Hopefully they will get it right.. on time this time. I'm not bitching and moaning about slower release cycles, it's a stupid idea when a company like Apple has the ability to do the opposite. Maybe your ok waiting longer for old tech... ever wonder why PPC was ditched? But you must be happy with your PowerBook.
Its ok though. I used to be like you, taking opinions & shots at Apple personally. You might get out of it IF your smart enough.... Maybe not though in that case though.
Something tells me your drinking Apple koolaid.
I had the original iPhone when it was less then two months old, and bought the 3gs shortly after it's release too.
Not that it is any of your business, but I upgrade in my equipment in cycles. Instead of the craptastic iPhone 4, I bought a Sony Nex-5 with three lenses and a MacBook Pro i7 HR. This year it's time for a new phone. Soon.
It was a nobrainer for me not to upgrade to a POS. Hopefully they will get it right.. on time this time. I'm not bitching and moaning about slower release cycles, it's a stupid idea when a company like Apple has the ability to do the opposite. Maybe your ok waiting longer for old tech... ever wonder why PPC was ditched? But you must be happy with your PowerBook.
Its ok though. I used to be like you, taking opinions & shots at Apple personally. You might get out of it IF your smart enough.... Maybe not though in that case though.
Lara F
Apr 2, 03:23 PM
Considering it runs like crap on Android from what I have read there is no way as long as steve is around that will go in an iOS.
http://gigaom.com/video/video-flash-on-android-is-startlingly-bad/
Use Skyfire if you really need it I sure don't miss Flash. :D
And plenty of people who have Droids are happy with their Flash.
Posters here like to cite the average consumer. Well, I submit the average consumers have no negative pov towards Flash (or rather no opinions either way) and while not having it isn't going to keep them from buying iPads/iPhones they'd take it if given the choice.
http://gigaom.com/video/video-flash-on-android-is-startlingly-bad/
Use Skyfire if you really need it I sure don't miss Flash. :D
And plenty of people who have Droids are happy with their Flash.
Posters here like to cite the average consumer. Well, I submit the average consumers have no negative pov towards Flash (or rather no opinions either way) and while not having it isn't going to keep them from buying iPads/iPhones they'd take it if given the choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment