Stella
Jul 22, 09:16 PM
Sounds great. Better than carrying a real book around (*assuming you don't run out of batteries ).
There are ebook readers for PDAs and Smartphone - there's no reason why it shouldn't work with iPods.
Good progression of the iPod.
There are ebook readers for PDAs and Smartphone - there's no reason why it shouldn't work with iPods.
Good progression of the iPod.
mcmlxix
Apr 12, 04:10 PM
Because before China, no other country in the world with factories EVER sourced raw materials from other countries.
It seems to me that you've spilled a lot of bits & bytes over nothing. I never said nor implied that China is/was the only country that consumes enormous amounts of raw resources. My comment was in reply to the commenter who suggested keeping manufacturing and pollution in China would be good for the US, whereas that�s just not true. But thanks for your hermeneutic of suspicion anyway.
It seems to me that you've spilled a lot of bits & bytes over nothing. I never said nor implied that China is/was the only country that consumes enormous amounts of raw resources. My comment was in reply to the commenter who suggested keeping manufacturing and pollution in China would be good for the US, whereas that�s just not true. But thanks for your hermeneutic of suspicion anyway.
ipedro
May 4, 11:00 PM
This almost requires that iCloud be a free service for iOS users. A back up is prudent for any OS upgrade so having all or nearly all of your phone's personal data backed up or exclusively stored in the cloud would be a system that would allow iOS devices not have to rely on an iTunes direct link.
Mac Rules
Aug 3, 06:15 PM
Yeah, is it possible to *watch* keynote as it happens, cause I don't wanna miss t, I wanna feel the suspense, or at leas thow long after Keynote will we know details?
Cheers
Cheers
newbreed
Oct 20, 10:50 AM
The real problem here is that no self respecting trendy woman that is worth beaming to or plugging into, will be carrying a Toshiba Zune...
Only Steve could not say that in the interview. :p
Only Steve could not say that in the interview. :p
benthewraith
Aug 2, 10:27 PM
Here (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2006/08/hijacking_a_macbook_in_60_seco.html).
I found it, though it was rather tricky. :S
This is shocking how? Who is going to use a third party usb key for wireless when the notebook has it built in? Meaning, yes, it can be done, but the circumstances are almost impossible. :rolleyes:
Even then, it's difficult to prove due to things such as Remote Desktop, etc.
I found it, though it was rather tricky. :S
This is shocking how? Who is going to use a third party usb key for wireless when the notebook has it built in? Meaning, yes, it can be done, but the circumstances are almost impossible. :rolleyes:
Even then, it's difficult to prove due to things such as Remote Desktop, etc.

starlabs
Oct 26, 11:01 PM
Is that possible? You're booting from an external and applying the firmware update to your mac right?
Yes... I had bought a 160gb drive to replace the 60gb that my MacBook came with. After installing the new drive, I put the old 60gb into an external USB SATA enclosure. However, since I was about to meet a tech at the local genius bar, I swapped out my upgrades (the 160gb HD and 2gb RAM) to the hardware my MacBook originally came with (60gb and 512mb RAM).
Long story short, I booted up my external HD - now running my 160gb HD - and installed the firmware update to that drive. Note that keeping the option key down upon reboot after installing from the firmware pkg won't work. You install the pkg, have it reboot, and let it run (you'll see a progress bar). Once the progress bar finishes, your MacBook will reboot again. At this point, keep down the option key to boot from the external drive.
BTW I've been running my MacBook at full tilt (using the random shutdown test tool) for > 30-40 minutes and not a shutdown in sight. I've also put my MacBook to sleep and it awakens fine. Looks like this update has fixed the random shutdown issue for me. One word: AWESOME! :D
Yes... I had bought a 160gb drive to replace the 60gb that my MacBook came with. After installing the new drive, I put the old 60gb into an external USB SATA enclosure. However, since I was about to meet a tech at the local genius bar, I swapped out my upgrades (the 160gb HD and 2gb RAM) to the hardware my MacBook originally came with (60gb and 512mb RAM).
Long story short, I booted up my external HD - now running my 160gb HD - and installed the firmware update to that drive. Note that keeping the option key down upon reboot after installing from the firmware pkg won't work. You install the pkg, have it reboot, and let it run (you'll see a progress bar). Once the progress bar finishes, your MacBook will reboot again. At this point, keep down the option key to boot from the external drive.
BTW I've been running my MacBook at full tilt (using the random shutdown test tool) for > 30-40 minutes and not a shutdown in sight. I've also put my MacBook to sleep and it awakens fine. Looks like this update has fixed the random shutdown issue for me. One word: AWESOME! :D
vnowarita
Dec 1, 06:32 PM
I love how everybody is like "I've got the CDs who cares" or "Buy the CDs they are cheaper". The Beatles on iTunes isn't for you. It is for people who don't buy CDs, it's for the future when the majority of people get digital music and it's certainly for a whole generation of kids who won't know what a CD is or care, in the same way that vinyl is now seen as archaic.
I'm sure I am repeating someone else's thoughts, but it doesn't seem clear to a lot of people.
The real problem is you are losing the "feel" of those albums from Vinyl.
I'm a Gen Xer and tapes were b and Cd's were the big thing when I was growing up.
I had the luxury of having parents who had a Grundig Majestic Stereo with record player. I own it now. It captures a lot more of the recording than digital ever can.
Case and Point Rolling Stones "Let it Bleed"
No comparison. I love digital music because its easy to store. That's it. Quality goes to Vinyl hands down. I'm just sayin'. Vinyl is not Archaic is all.
I'm sure I am repeating someone else's thoughts, but it doesn't seem clear to a lot of people.
The real problem is you are losing the "feel" of those albums from Vinyl.
I'm a Gen Xer and tapes were b and Cd's were the big thing when I was growing up.
I had the luxury of having parents who had a Grundig Majestic Stereo with record player. I own it now. It captures a lot more of the recording than digital ever can.
Case and Point Rolling Stones "Let it Bleed"
No comparison. I love digital music because its easy to store. That's it. Quality goes to Vinyl hands down. I'm just sayin'. Vinyl is not Archaic is all.

toddybody
Apr 14, 11:01 AM
I think something that's hugely undersold recently is the extra security. Macs provide better security (no matter how you slice it) and with less nagging. This may not be a big deal to tech-savvy people who know how to protect themselves, but my mom getting a virus on her computer ranks up there with being audited by the IRS.
That kind of stress on a normal user will make them switch and never look back.
Sad part is, as adoption increases...so will viruses/malware/trojans/etc.
Best analogy Ive heard is:
Windows 7 is a house with bars on the windows, and industrial locks on the doors...in Baltimore.
OSX is a house with no locks, in the middle of nowhere.
That kind of stress on a normal user will make them switch and never look back.
Sad part is, as adoption increases...so will viruses/malware/trojans/etc.
Best analogy Ive heard is:
Windows 7 is a house with bars on the windows, and industrial locks on the doors...in Baltimore.
OSX is a house with no locks, in the middle of nowhere.
Mitthrawnuruodo
Sep 4, 08:25 AM
Do a little research on eBay and see how many of these are listed and sold per hour. These cheap Chinese imports are not tracked in overall sales figures of MP3 players. I don't know what kind of market share they have.1) I don't use eBay - but how many iPods are sold there?
2) How many iPods are sold - through regular outlets - every hour?
3) iPods are made in China
4) If you don't even know the market share how do you know they are threatening iPod sales?
2) How many iPods are sold - through regular outlets - every hour?
3) iPods are made in China
4) If you don't even know the market share how do you know they are threatening iPod sales?
LightSpeed1
Apr 17, 02:01 AM
2nd iPad here I come.
Snowy_River
Aug 4, 08:33 PM
Here ya go, I did a little updating ;)
Nice job, but you needed to get the color casting a little better of the Leopard disk. How about this:
http://www.ghwphoto.com/roadmap.jpg
Nice job, but you needed to get the color casting a little better of the Leopard disk. How about this:
http://www.ghwphoto.com/roadmap.jpg
Chundles
Sep 14, 10:27 AM
No offense taken-did not think you harsh. As I was typing it I thought " Oh boy, I'm sure this is one of those constant quaetsions" - should I be doing this.
Was afraid Cundles might have gone ballistic. Especially after Tuesdays constant postings of some very old news:)
Sorry if I ripped on you back then mate. I was going through some nasty withdrawal after falling off the wagon of my codeine addiction and it made me really irritable for a while.
Back to my normal cheerful self now until the pain flares up and I have to jump off the wagon again.
Sorry once again. Hope my explanation made some sense.
Was afraid Cundles might have gone ballistic. Especially after Tuesdays constant postings of some very old news:)
Sorry if I ripped on you back then mate. I was going through some nasty withdrawal after falling off the wagon of my codeine addiction and it made me really irritable for a while.
Back to my normal cheerful self now until the pain flares up and I have to jump off the wagon again.
Sorry once again. Hope my explanation made some sense.
IronLogik
Nov 12, 11:04 AM
How will the internet start "locking down"?
This was an asinine comment by the OP that you replied to.
Joe Hewitt said that the App Store is setting a precedent that the Store for a particular handheld device needs to have a review process. Other companies are following suit. IF this process becomes more and more common then the platforms suffer due to the lack of innovative fun new pieces of software.
The Internet isn't locked down because anyone can purchase a server or rent one toss it on the internet and run custom software. You can distribute your information, you can sell your products, you can link friends together without another company telling you yes or no (like the App Store). It's open.
That's what Joe Hewitt likes about the internet. The openness. The close mindedness of the App Store is what turned him off to the development process.
And losing him is huge. He's one of the biggest developers for the platform. More people use Facebook I think than just about any third party application.
This was an asinine comment by the OP that you replied to.
Joe Hewitt said that the App Store is setting a precedent that the Store for a particular handheld device needs to have a review process. Other companies are following suit. IF this process becomes more and more common then the platforms suffer due to the lack of innovative fun new pieces of software.
The Internet isn't locked down because anyone can purchase a server or rent one toss it on the internet and run custom software. You can distribute your information, you can sell your products, you can link friends together without another company telling you yes or no (like the App Store). It's open.
That's what Joe Hewitt likes about the internet. The openness. The close mindedness of the App Store is what turned him off to the development process.
And losing him is huge. He's one of the biggest developers for the platform. More people use Facebook I think than just about any third party application.

meepm00pmeep
Sep 23, 06:53 PM
i refuse to shop 'walmart again
ppnkg
Nov 13, 08:53 AM
at last somebody criticizes apple for the right reasons
crudsponge
Aug 3, 03:37 PM
If Boot Camp is supposed to be one of the biggest new features, where is identification of it on the poster?
I see on the Far Left Top corner 'Universal' but not boot camp. I finf this strange.
Does that Universal Logo mean more then just PowerPC+MacIntel? Maybe Mac+PC? 'virtualization'?
I see on the Far Left Top corner 'Universal' but not boot camp. I finf this strange.
Does that Universal Logo mean more then just PowerPC+MacIntel? Maybe Mac+PC? 'virtualization'?
LuvMacs
Apr 17, 10:13 PM
What part of the medical industry is adopting the iPad (besides a medical school trying to appear avant garde) and how? I'm a physician at one of the largest pediatric hospitals in the nation and I usually see more iPads at my local Starbucks than at work. So, please enlighten me. Use specific examples please.
I'm actually typing this on my iPad 2 and find it being sold at a toy store as appropriate. I love it, but let's keep it real here.
I am a Transplant Physician at a University Hospital. I, and several others at my Medical Center use the iPad to access our Electronic Medical Record at the patients bedside, take notes and access reference material.
The most recent issue of the Mayo Alumni Newsletter focussed on that institution's implementation of mobile technology (specifically iPhones & iPads) in delivering more efficient patient care.
I'm actually typing this on my iPad 2 and find it being sold at a toy store as appropriate. I love it, but let's keep it real here.
I am a Transplant Physician at a University Hospital. I, and several others at my Medical Center use the iPad to access our Electronic Medical Record at the patients bedside, take notes and access reference material.
The most recent issue of the Mayo Alumni Newsletter focussed on that institution's implementation of mobile technology (specifically iPhones & iPads) in delivering more efficient patient care.
CrazyEngineer
Aug 31, 04:30 AM
Pardon me if this post is a spam :) . Will Vista be released & shipped all over the world on 30th of Jan, 2007?
hob
Aug 24, 01:54 PM
Ok, my earlier exclamation may have been premature. I'm also having problems - the battery for my 12" PB is in the range on both the press release and the apple support site, but when I put all the numbers in, it says "no mate" - seems a lot of people are getting this?
hazza.jockel
Sep 28, 09:13 PM
I was excited to see that blood gulch had be remade but after playing it a few times i have to say its one of my least favourite maps. There are too many vehicles and not enough vehicles killing weapons. Usually one person will get in a tank and if he is able to take out the other tank theres no real way to stop them. Particularly if they just sit up the back taking long shots leaving you no real chance to get close. Bungie needed to put a spartan laser on the map somewhere.
Maximillian
Mar 28, 09:22 PM
Same here. Guess a trip to Vegas is in order.
Sadly, Vegas will cost you more for a week than SF (if you want to do it "right").
Sadly, Vegas will cost you more for a week than SF (if you want to do it "right").
Photics
Apr 11, 05:38 PM
This is not exactly a tough decision...
AvSRoCkCO1067
Aug 4, 12:24 PM
Actually it was announced at last years WWDC. And I'm pretty sure that is final since they changed it from what they showed perviously. ;)
http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=54220
I actually liked the simplicity of this CD more...:o
http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=54220
I actually liked the simplicity of this CD more...:o
No comments:
Post a Comment