weiss
Nov 8, 07:51 AM
Simple answer:
No. Not tomorrow. Not next week. Not next month. Next year.
i doubt it, arnt apples sales of desktops down? and notebooks up?
the macbook will be revised after the macmini
No.
No.
New MBs only at the next Macworld 2007
No way. Probably not until 1st quarter 2007 (fiscal).
Ahhhh... feels good to read these pearls right now, doesn't it? We've got so many prophets here in MacRumors :D
No. Not tomorrow. Not next week. Not next month. Next year.
i doubt it, arnt apples sales of desktops down? and notebooks up?
the macbook will be revised after the macmini
No.
No.
New MBs only at the next Macworld 2007
No way. Probably not until 1st quarter 2007 (fiscal).
Ahhhh... feels good to read these pearls right now, doesn't it? We've got so many prophets here in MacRumors :D
jimN
Jan 9, 06:50 PM
Did anyone else expect a Beatles announcement after all the mentions they got? He played two Beatles songs, name checked a couple of albums and even used their album art in his summary.
It looked like he was setting up for a by the way kind of announcement, not that the Beatles should ever be mentioned as an aside. Certainly when the first mention of them came up capitalised on the macrumorslive report I thought something might be up but it all came to nothing - why do you tease us so Steve?
It looked like he was setting up for a by the way kind of announcement, not that the Beatles should ever be mentioned as an aside. Certainly when the first mention of them came up capitalised on the macrumorslive report I thought something might be up but it all came to nothing - why do you tease us so Steve?
AvSRoCkCO1067
Sep 4, 09:38 AM
I'm a student about to go to uni and have worked ALL summer holidays to save up for an imac, and now i hear they will be updating it! I'm still within my 14 day 'no questions asked' return period, but i will be out of that period on 12th september which its supposed to be released.
I was just wondering if anyone had past experiences with apple when going from PPC to intel- is there a 30-day period or something where if you brought a PPC imac, they would exchange it to the intel based imac as a good-will gesture.If they do then fantasti- no need for me to send it back and wait to see if the rumour comes true (and leave myself without a computer in the meantime)
I'm studing computer science and am a heavy user, so ANY speed increases are very welcome. bring on the coore 2 duos! I was a PC user since beginning of time (thats all my parents brough lol) but now ive gone to mac and osx, theres no looking back.
any help would be really appreciated.
Don't you have to pay a restocking fee, even if you're within the 14-day return period?
I was just wondering if anyone had past experiences with apple when going from PPC to intel- is there a 30-day period or something where if you brought a PPC imac, they would exchange it to the intel based imac as a good-will gesture.If they do then fantasti- no need for me to send it back and wait to see if the rumour comes true (and leave myself without a computer in the meantime)
I'm studing computer science and am a heavy user, so ANY speed increases are very welcome. bring on the coore 2 duos! I was a PC user since beginning of time (thats all my parents brough lol) but now ive gone to mac and osx, theres no looking back.
any help would be really appreciated.
Don't you have to pay a restocking fee, even if you're within the 14-day return period?
Chundles
Sep 6, 08:23 AM
I assume you mean headless tower since all the iMacs and the MAC Mini are desktops......... Oh wait, isn't the MAC Pro a headless tower?
Mac, not MAC. They're different things.
Mac, not MAC. They're different things.
MacinDoc
Apr 13, 07:42 PM
As happy and excited I am about this update, I can't stop feeling a little irritated about the amount of time it has taken for it to come out.
Given that it's a complete rewrite from the ground up, including a whole new editing paradigm, let's hope Apple took its time to get this right. If Apple had released a buggy, unusable app a year ago, you would have been a lot more irritated. Let's just hope they do get it right, because the change reminds me of the transition from OS 9 to OS X (although at least it is just one application).
Given that it's a complete rewrite from the ground up, including a whole new editing paradigm, let's hope Apple took its time to get this right. If Apple had released a buggy, unusable app a year ago, you would have been a lot more irritated. Let's just hope they do get it right, because the change reminds me of the transition from OS 9 to OS X (although at least it is just one application).
ZoomZoomZoom
Aug 29, 10:38 AM
Wow, not getting updates to your OS for half a decade is now an advantage is it?
And Windows users accuse Mac owners of being delusional!
There are updates, just free. Also, it's nice to be able to have to fiddle with the OS only once every half a decade. Updates don't matter that much, since if you're a mac user and using windows for gaming(and not job work), the windows interface doesn't matter at all. You'd be getting Vista in anticipation of a future laptop with a DX10 graphics card.
And Windows users accuse Mac owners of being delusional!
There are updates, just free. Also, it's nice to be able to have to fiddle with the OS only once every half a decade. Updates don't matter that much, since if you're a mac user and using windows for gaming(and not job work), the windows interface doesn't matter at all. You'd be getting Vista in anticipation of a future laptop with a DX10 graphics card.

Thataboy
Aug 4, 11:55 AM
No its not. There will be live text coverage on MR, and their will be a video of the keynote on apple's site within a couple hours after it ends.
Well that makes sense, as it costs lots of money for developers to attend... why should they show it for free live :) Thanks.
Well that makes sense, as it costs lots of money for developers to attend... why should they show it for free live :) Thanks.
KT Walrus
Nov 2, 04:37 PM
Apple should bundle the ClickToFlash plug-in into Mobile Safari. It prevents flash from running unless you really want it to run. This should address, in part, Apple's stated reason for not allowing flash (battery drain and stability) as the user would only enable it for those parts of the web that they really want to see.
And, while they are at it, they should enable file uploads in Mobile Safari to upload photos and videos.
I hate only being able to use part of the internet on my iPhone when there is no technical reason I shouldn't be able to do both Flash on demand and file uploads.
And, while they are at it, they should enable file uploads in Mobile Safari to upload photos and videos.
I hate only being able to use part of the internet on my iPhone when there is no technical reason I shouldn't be able to do both Flash on demand and file uploads.

anomie
Apr 12, 12:25 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; de-de) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8G4)
Hahaha made my day.
Truth is: they do not build anything in the US because US-workers are lazy!
Nobody in the Rest of the world would buy their profucts
Hahaha made my day.
Truth is: they do not build anything in the US because US-workers are lazy!
Nobody in the Rest of the world would buy their profucts
OllyW
Mar 19, 10:49 AM
I know many people who've had iPod hard drives crap out on them. I don't know anyone who has an iPhone or Touch who has actually cracked their screen.
My experience is exactly the opposite of yours. :)
My experience is exactly the opposite of yours. :)
LightSpeed1
Apr 17, 02:22 AM
My mom got her iphone last year. She loves it so much she's been totally into apple stuff (bought herself an ipod touch when it came out - don't ask me when she already has an iphone - and even bought me the new nano).
She says she's probably going to buy a Mac next time (and she used to snub the mac when I was a kid).I beleive this is how it started for a lot of current apple customers. For me it started with the iPhone in 2007. After that I have been hooked; iMacs, MBP's, iPhones, iPods, and iPads. I've even got my family buying all apple products. They see what great expierience I'm having and they want in. All it takes is one good expeirience. Then starts a chain reaction, then starts growth.
She says she's probably going to buy a Mac next time (and she used to snub the mac when I was a kid).I beleive this is how it started for a lot of current apple customers. For me it started with the iPhone in 2007. After that I have been hooked; iMacs, MBP's, iPhones, iPods, and iPads. I've even got my family buying all apple products. They see what great expierience I'm having and they want in. All it takes is one good expeirience. Then starts a chain reaction, then starts growth.
heron88
Mar 13, 08:49 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5099/5524889174_12225eb67a_b.jpg
---f/22---5"---ISO100---20mm---
---f/22---5"---ISO100---20mm---
m-dogg
Aug 24, 12:21 PM
Interesting.....powerbooks and ibooks sold through this month but not the batteries in the Macbook or Macbook Pro....
The newer MB/MBP models use a different type of battery.
Sounds like I'll be impacted. Bought a refurb powerbook earlier this year. No battery problems with it though...
The newer MB/MBP models use a different type of battery.
Sounds like I'll be impacted. Bought a refurb powerbook earlier this year. No battery problems with it though...
Thunderhawks
Apr 18, 06:55 AM
Toys R' Us?
I find it kind of embarrassing that Apple is choosing this as an outlet.
Say you'd own Apple and sold 100,000 ipads to Toys "R" Us making 10 (TEN!!) million dollars in profit (at $ 100 a piece or so) would you be embarrassed?
Hello?:-)
I find it kind of embarrassing that Apple is choosing this as an outlet.
Say you'd own Apple and sold 100,000 ipads to Toys "R" Us making 10 (TEN!!) million dollars in profit (at $ 100 a piece or so) would you be embarrassed?
Hello?:-)
syc23
Apr 15, 03:18 PM
Not surprising really. Anyone I know who was 'curious' about switching changes their mind once they have bought into the eco system with an iDevice and get used to the combination of UI, solid build and design.
I kind of went the other way 5 months ago, being a Mac user for the last 15 years as a student and then professionally in the graphic design field I decided to give one of these PCs a try..
As I couldn't make up my mind whether to replace my iBook G3 with a Macbook/Macbook Pro/iPad, I decided to go for a cheap and cheerful HP G62 dual core laptop as a 'stop gap' solution for �350 just to see if PCs are as bad as some people make them out to be.
I have to say my experience in the last 5 months has been ok-ish, yes it is mildly annoying that the constant update requests, long bootups, occasional crash happy nature (and fragile) of Windows 7 has made me think about chucking the laptop out of the window (no pun intended). The fan can get bloody loud and gets quite hot and battery life is poor. But I accept that you get what you pay for and I guess that encapsulates the experience of the average Windows user who is willing to pay a substandard price for a substandard user experience.
As a result, my experience will not make me want to buy any PC products again. I've bought it just for browsing the web and syncing the iPod Touch to iTunes (which is doesn't seem to work aswell in Win7), somehow I can't run iTunes 10.2 which is another bloody annoying issue..
I cannot wait to get the new SandyBridge iMac later this year and maybe iPad 3 next year so until then will put up with my substandard PC product to gather dust / or smash it with a hammer / simply get rid of on eBay.
It will be Macs only for me going forward ;)
I'm definately not a PC :D And Windows 7 sucks compared to OSX. Actually bag of sh_te is a better description!
I kind of went the other way 5 months ago, being a Mac user for the last 15 years as a student and then professionally in the graphic design field I decided to give one of these PCs a try..
As I couldn't make up my mind whether to replace my iBook G3 with a Macbook/Macbook Pro/iPad, I decided to go for a cheap and cheerful HP G62 dual core laptop as a 'stop gap' solution for �350 just to see if PCs are as bad as some people make them out to be.
I have to say my experience in the last 5 months has been ok-ish, yes it is mildly annoying that the constant update requests, long bootups, occasional crash happy nature (and fragile) of Windows 7 has made me think about chucking the laptop out of the window (no pun intended). The fan can get bloody loud and gets quite hot and battery life is poor. But I accept that you get what you pay for and I guess that encapsulates the experience of the average Windows user who is willing to pay a substandard price for a substandard user experience.
As a result, my experience will not make me want to buy any PC products again. I've bought it just for browsing the web and syncing the iPod Touch to iTunes (which is doesn't seem to work aswell in Win7), somehow I can't run iTunes 10.2 which is another bloody annoying issue..
I cannot wait to get the new SandyBridge iMac later this year and maybe iPad 3 next year so until then will put up with my substandard PC product to gather dust / or smash it with a hammer / simply get rid of on eBay.
It will be Macs only for me going forward ;)
I'm definately not a PC :D And Windows 7 sucks compared to OSX. Actually bag of sh_te is a better description!
bpaluzzi
Apr 11, 06:15 AM
Pirates are douchebags.
Mammoth
Oct 15, 05:15 PM
Yes, that is a very nerdy/geeky thing to do. "Zune"-ing music wirelessly is only something geeks can come up with, whereas Steve's suggestion of sharing earbuds is so much cooler and, dare I say it, sexually suggestive! ;)
As much as I would like that feature for file transfer, it is too geeky and I'm sure it will be too cumbersome for your average consumer to use.
As much as I would like that feature for file transfer, it is too geeky and I'm sure it will be too cumbersome for your average consumer to use.
Fatal Darkness
Aug 24, 12:57 PM
Batteries with the Sony technology (used in Apple, Dell, and Sony laptops, among others) have recently been catching fire, with Dell recently recalling 4.1 million batteries.
Can Sony do anything right these days?
Can Sony do anything right these days?

aaronb
Sep 4, 08:04 AM
So when are these Merom MBPs coming out? I really don't care too much for an iTunes Movie Store. Some of us have been waiting since January.
rockosmodurnlif
Mar 28, 10:29 PM
There seems to be an aftermarket (http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=wwdc+2011&_sacat=0&_odkw=wwdc&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313)
ezekielrage_99
Aug 3, 02:54 AM
But wait! Doesn't Apple's miniscule market-share mean that hackers won't target Macs because there is nothing to be gained? Better off targeting the 95% of Windows-running machines out there? I think this story proves again that the "security through obscurity" argument is just a myth. :)
I wasn't disputing the fact that Apple doesn't have it's share of problems with security. Everyone is sick of hearing Windows problems so as soon as a problems arises with Apple, Linux, UNIX, etc everyone jumps on it.
I wasn't disputing the fact that Apple doesn't have it's share of problems with security. Everyone is sick of hearing Windows problems so as soon as a problems arises with Apple, Linux, UNIX, etc everyone jumps on it.
dllavaneras
Jul 22, 10:16 PM
This could help many students take a quick look at an e-book to verify or check some info while studying, instead of lugging around a ton of books
EDIT: Just a quick question: would this e-book feature be able to see images embedded in the e-book? or just text?
EDIT: Just a quick question: would this e-book feature be able to see images embedded in the e-book? or just text?
Taz Mangus
Apr 16, 09:22 PM
Apple does not have the best have a build quality better then everyone else. They have some very good computers, but their are companies who build much better computers you have no evidence to back up your statement. Macs use the same hardware as everyone else.
It is true that Apple does use the same parts (e.g. RAM, etc) as other PC manufactures but Apple does design the layout of their own logic boards and another manufacturer assembles it. Apple does not use off the shelf logic boards, batteries, casings, keyboards and mice. Not too mention the A4 and A5 processor are custom built for Apple only.
You are so fixated in your assesment about Apple not using "the best parts" or not "building the best quality computers". Is your reason for being here to set everyone straight? Does it bother you that a community of people believe that what they own is the best? Be honest now.
I come to these forums because I am a Mac enthusiast. I don't go onto the Windows or Android forums and try to shove down peoples throats what I think about Windows or Android. That's not cool and neither is someone coming onto these forums and thinking they are going to set these people straight because you believe they are wrong.
It is true that Apple does use the same parts (e.g. RAM, etc) as other PC manufactures but Apple does design the layout of their own logic boards and another manufacturer assembles it. Apple does not use off the shelf logic boards, batteries, casings, keyboards and mice. Not too mention the A4 and A5 processor are custom built for Apple only.
You are so fixated in your assesment about Apple not using "the best parts" or not "building the best quality computers". Is your reason for being here to set everyone straight? Does it bother you that a community of people believe that what they own is the best? Be honest now.
I come to these forums because I am a Mac enthusiast. I don't go onto the Windows or Android forums and try to shove down peoples throats what I think about Windows or Android. That's not cool and neither is someone coming onto these forums and thinking they are going to set these people straight because you believe they are wrong.
ten-oak-druid
Apr 14, 11:10 AM
Sad part is, as adoption increases...so will viruses/malware/trojans/etc.
Best analogy Ive heard is:
Windows 7 is a house with bars on the windows, and industrial locks on the doors...in Baltimore.
OSX is a house with no locks, in the middle of nowhere.
Viruses and malware target the more gullible of society. These people buy the cheap $300 or under computers. In a way the proliferation of viruses provides an excuse for poor computer performance that distracts from the poor performance of such low quality machines.
Best analogy Ive heard is:
Windows 7 is a house with bars on the windows, and industrial locks on the doors...in Baltimore.
OSX is a house with no locks, in the middle of nowhere.
Viruses and malware target the more gullible of society. These people buy the cheap $300 or under computers. In a way the proliferation of viruses provides an excuse for poor computer performance that distracts from the poor performance of such low quality machines.
No comments:
Post a Comment