Jason Beck
Mar 15, 01:33 AM
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/073/e/f/joyce_i_mar_2011_by_jasonbeck-d3boa9i.jpg
treblah
Aug 4, 11:11 AM
I think this thread has started to become unraveled. It's a freaking banner with somewhat arbitrarily picked/placed Apple products and software people! It's cool that we got to see Apple's welcome banner, isn't that enough?
But wait, now that you mention it....where the hell is the iPod Radio Remote? :rolleyes:
Hahahaha. :)
Welcome to your first WWDC on MacRumors.
Just wait until Sunday night/Monday morning! ;)
But wait, now that you mention it....where the hell is the iPod Radio Remote? :rolleyes:
Hahahaha. :)
Welcome to your first WWDC on MacRumors.
Just wait until Sunday night/Monday morning! ;)
autrefois
Nov 28, 10:18 AM
I think this is wonderful news! But not surprising. People have been waiting for this for so long. We always knew this partnership was meant to be, for it was written, or rather sung...After all, in the song “A Hard Day’s Night” there is a line that has a double reference to Apple Computers.
"You know I work all day to get you money to buy you things"
The reference to "iWork" is obvious, and it’s disappointing no one noticed this earlier. This is the Beatles urging people to use iWork instead of Microsoft Word when doing stuff for business.
But more importantly, if you play the second part of this line backward, “to buy you things” (http://homepage.mac.com/autrefois/macrumors/ipodbeatles2.m4a), you can clearly can hear John Lennon singing “Now ya have a iPod” (http://homepage.mac.com/autrefois/macrumors/ipodbeatles.m4a).
Sure, it should be "an iPod", but it's amazing enough the Beatles knew back in 1964 that the iPod would exist, we don't need to quibble over their grammar here. So expect a Beatles and Apple Computer partnership soon, with a clear possibility of a Beatles iPod -- you wanted the Beatles on iTunes, well now ya have a iPod!
For any naysayers out there, listen to the song clips yourself on the links above or use your own copy (for example, once you download it from iTunes in the near future!). This at long last explains why in the forward version of the song John clearly sings " thin' " instead of "things" — all the time there was a backward message about the iPod just waiting to be discovered.
Now what's this I hear about Paul being dead?
:)
Anyway, this will be great once people can finally get Beatles songs from the iTunes Store. The greatest music group on the greatest music store.
"You know I work all day to get you money to buy you things"
The reference to "iWork" is obvious, and it’s disappointing no one noticed this earlier. This is the Beatles urging people to use iWork instead of Microsoft Word when doing stuff for business.
But more importantly, if you play the second part of this line backward, “to buy you things” (http://homepage.mac.com/autrefois/macrumors/ipodbeatles2.m4a), you can clearly can hear John Lennon singing “Now ya have a iPod” (http://homepage.mac.com/autrefois/macrumors/ipodbeatles.m4a).
Sure, it should be "an iPod", but it's amazing enough the Beatles knew back in 1964 that the iPod would exist, we don't need to quibble over their grammar here. So expect a Beatles and Apple Computer partnership soon, with a clear possibility of a Beatles iPod -- you wanted the Beatles on iTunes, well now ya have a iPod!
For any naysayers out there, listen to the song clips yourself on the links above or use your own copy (for example, once you download it from iTunes in the near future!). This at long last explains why in the forward version of the song John clearly sings " thin' " instead of "things" — all the time there was a backward message about the iPod just waiting to be discovered.
Now what's this I hear about Paul being dead?
:)
Anyway, this will be great once people can finally get Beatles songs from the iTunes Store. The greatest music group on the greatest music store.
PowerGamerX
Oct 12, 01:45 PM
Somebody needs to clean their screen. Why'd you buy a Magic TrackPad? Do you like it? Is it really that much better than using a regular one or using a standard mouse?
cobalt79
Mar 12, 08:16 AM
"Check and mate?"
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/lmao-new.jpg
Touch�
This is the classic response of the mac forum member who wants to act too cool to care that someone, in fact, proved them wrong.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/lmao-new.jpg
Touch�
This is the classic response of the mac forum member who wants to act too cool to care that someone, in fact, proved them wrong.
NightStorm
Jan 11, 03:44 PM
Since the thought is wireless... maybe an updated 802.11n Airport Express?
Just thought I'd throw it out there on the off chance it is true.
Just thought I'd throw it out there on the off chance it is true.
i4Collin
Apr 4, 01:46 PM
This is the first, and last time Apple will ask for Sony's help.
trapperjohn117
Oct 26, 06:39 PM
hehe!!! my macbook lives on with a shiny new firmware!
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3336/picture3dh9.png
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3336/picture3dh9.png
FF_productions
Aug 3, 02:53 PM
I really want to see how Leopard is going to turn out. There has been so much hype surrounding WWDC, I really hope WWDC is as good as everyone rumors it to be.
There have been way too many posts on WWDC...It's making me sick..
A Banner isn't going to give away SQUAT! We must wait until the keynote and any other possible leaks hours before the keynote to actually know what happens.
There have been way too many posts on WWDC...It's making me sick..
A Banner isn't going to give away SQUAT! We must wait until the keynote and any other possible leaks hours before the keynote to actually know what happens.
Chupa Chupa
Mar 29, 06:39 AM
I absolutely adore these attempts at prophecy. Bottom line: We have no idea what the thing will cost, and all we can do right now is make educated guesses.
Hence the name of this site: Mac Rumors.
I'll give you that not all the rumors or speculations here are "educated," but if I were to make a price bracket sheet I'd put $29 losing out in the first round and $129 in the Final Four.
Hence the name of this site: Mac Rumors.
I'll give you that not all the rumors or speculations here are "educated," but if I were to make a price bracket sheet I'd put $29 losing out in the first round and $129 in the Final Four.

NathanMuir
Oct 13, 02:54 PM
My set up:
21.5/3.06/4/500
21.5/3.06/4/500
hazza.jockel
Sep 14, 09:12 AM
So I'm not really proud of what i did today; that is finish halo reach in one sitting (although only on normal).
Its a good game and can't wait to get into the multiplayer which is where i think it will really take off.
The story line is defiantly not as good as Halo or Halo 3. It just does not seem to engage me as much but maybe thats because i read the books and already knew the outcome despite some massive inconstancies.
The game play is still really good and the newish guns are awesome, as well as the armour abilities. And its still got that classic halo feel.
Oh and you can drive forklifts :D
Add me if you wanna play multiplayer sometime soon when the game population picks up a bit gt: HazzaHJ
Its a good game and can't wait to get into the multiplayer which is where i think it will really take off.
The story line is defiantly not as good as Halo or Halo 3. It just does not seem to engage me as much but maybe thats because i read the books and already knew the outcome despite some massive inconstancies.
The game play is still really good and the newish guns are awesome, as well as the armour abilities. And its still got that classic halo feel.
Oh and you can drive forklifts :D
Add me if you wanna play multiplayer sometime soon when the game population picks up a bit gt: HazzaHJ
mogzieee
Mar 21, 04:08 PM
They'll keep it going till 23rd October I reckon. Anniversary event I'm guessing + one of those cheesy white promo videos about the "first 10 years".
Well, we'll see.
Well, we'll see.

840quadra
Sep 12, 03:15 PM
Not sure yet,
But it looks like we may need to convert videos before we can place them onto our ipod from iTunes.
I just encoded a video using Quicktime Version 7.1.5 (available now via software update). Even after doing that, it appears that I have the option to encode it for iPod :confused: .
::EDIT::
This feature is to encode videos dragged into iTunes, for your ipod.
Meaning. If you are able to drag a movie into iTunes and play it, you can now encode it to play on your Video iPod within iTunes!!
But it looks like we may need to convert videos before we can place them onto our ipod from iTunes.
I just encoded a video using Quicktime Version 7.1.5 (available now via software update). Even after doing that, it appears that I have the option to encode it for iPod :confused: .
::EDIT::
This feature is to encode videos dragged into iTunes, for your ipod.
Meaning. If you are able to drag a movie into iTunes and play it, you can now encode it to play on your Video iPod within iTunes!!
thisisahughes
Mar 28, 09:40 PM
wow. that's unfortunate.
BlizzardBomb
Aug 3, 03:32 PM
Ya, it doesn't have a nice 'Apple' look to it.
This is a concept drawing I did a while back .... I'm hoping the Apple Phone is more like this ... but I doubt it.
http://www.applepete.com/concepts/images/ipdo2.jpg
You've obviously missed the most important part of these concepts! *Notes Steve Jobs' number*
I actually remember you mentioning that. I should have screen capped that post.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=2462394&highlight=iMacs+Conroe#post2462394
This is a concept drawing I did a while back .... I'm hoping the Apple Phone is more like this ... but I doubt it.
http://www.applepete.com/concepts/images/ipdo2.jpg
You've obviously missed the most important part of these concepts! *Notes Steve Jobs' number*
I actually remember you mentioning that. I should have screen capped that post.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=2462394&highlight=iMacs+Conroe#post2462394
Ubuntu
Apr 11, 11:18 AM
In other news, Adobe Systems Incorporated feels that an income of $775M is just not adequate enough for their regular money pit parties. While I cannot/do not condone piracy; Adobe definitely knows how to alleviate a pirate�s guilt on the issue.
You write this here? On a site focused around one of the greediest companies in the world?
You write this here? On a site focused around one of the greediest companies in the world?
SodaPopMonster
Sep 6, 08:17 AM
Nice! The rumor was wrong in a good way, heh.
MatthewConnelly
Nov 8, 05:54 AM
UK store is down!
FlameofAnor
Apr 17, 01:58 PM
I'm fine with Best Buy... but Radio Shack & Toys "R" Us, not so much.
Why? Who cares where you buy it.... they all carry the same Apple warranty, regardless.
Radio Shack has carried Apple products previously, and it's pretty obvious that the iPad makes a great gaming device.... Why not Toys "R" Us?
Why? Who cares where you buy it.... they all carry the same Apple warranty, regardless.
Radio Shack has carried Apple products previously, and it's pretty obvious that the iPad makes a great gaming device.... Why not Toys "R" Us?
Evangelion
Sep 14, 07:15 AM
Except I would have to pay for the parts and the R&D...
Well, you are already paying for color-screen, video-playback, photo-playback etc. etc. etc.. They seem to be adding features constantly, yet the price does not go up (more or less).
If you wanted a barebones iPod, you would always have the Shuffle
Well, you are already paying for color-screen, video-playback, photo-playback etc. etc. etc.. They seem to be adding features constantly, yet the price does not go up (more or less).
If you wanted a barebones iPod, you would always have the Shuffle
cleanup
Sep 4, 07:21 AM
Awww and I haven't even gotten tired of my first generation nano yet...
But if the metal enclosure is as good as those on the minis then I might just have to upgrade. :p
But if the metal enclosure is as good as those on the minis then I might just have to upgrade. :p
yg17
Aug 24, 01:54 PM
Crap, mine isnt affected. I could use a new battery :D
MacinDoc
Sep 2, 11:30 PM
lol, please be honest, in next 5 years, you will need only update windows once (XP->Vista), and you will need to update OSX at least 3 times. Apple is ripping people off on this, there is no question about it, all these ".1" incremental update should not have a price more than $60 at all.
Or you could just update from OS X 10.1 to 10.5, for $129. That would be equivalent to updating from XP to Vista, because you would have gone 5 years without a significant upgrade. If you don't think the incremental features of a .1 update are worth the price, then don't buy it...
And if you really want a bargain, buy a family pack to use on up to 5 Macs in your home. Only $199. Try that with Vista!
And those who say that this is just an upgrade price are incorrect. This is the full retail price for a complete boxed install set.
Or you could just update from OS X 10.1 to 10.5, for $129. That would be equivalent to updating from XP to Vista, because you would have gone 5 years without a significant upgrade. If you don't think the incremental features of a .1 update are worth the price, then don't buy it...
And if you really want a bargain, buy a family pack to use on up to 5 Macs in your home. Only $199. Try that with Vista!
And those who say that this is just an upgrade price are incorrect. This is the full retail price for a complete boxed install set.
No comments:
Post a Comment