milo
Sep 6, 10:28 AM
Well, lets see where would they put it? Between Mac Mini and iMac.... you know in that $200 difference. Or maybe between iMac and Pro Mac.... in that what $300 difference. It seems like the Mac Mini bump and iMac expansion have left no room in the line-up for another Mac. Even with conroes... all speeds, sizes, prices are covered. There isn't room for a Conroe Mac. Period.
The iMac isn't a headless mac, so it's not even in the equation. It would go in between the mini and Pro, and fall in the same price range as the iMacs. It's a different product category, might as well say they shouldn't have the iMac since there are already laptops in that price range.
It makes no sense for apple to ignore Conroe, it's intel's best bang for buck right now.
At this point I'm thinking that most updates of current machines will happen before tuesday, maybe the Showtime thing will be when they finally announce a midtower (probably pizza box form factor). Works as a settop box, or any mac can stream to the new Airport video.
And those waiting for MBPs........Start Crying :D :D :D
Nonsense. I still think there's a good chance we see them before tuesday, if not, definitely in the next two weeks.
The iMac isn't a headless mac, so it's not even in the equation. It would go in between the mini and Pro, and fall in the same price range as the iMacs. It's a different product category, might as well say they shouldn't have the iMac since there are already laptops in that price range.
It makes no sense for apple to ignore Conroe, it's intel's best bang for buck right now.
At this point I'm thinking that most updates of current machines will happen before tuesday, maybe the Showtime thing will be when they finally announce a midtower (probably pizza box form factor). Works as a settop box, or any mac can stream to the new Airport video.
And those waiting for MBPs........Start Crying :D :D :D
Nonsense. I still think there's a good chance we see them before tuesday, if not, definitely in the next two weeks.
LethalWolfe
Apr 13, 09:48 PM
In other words, what we saw tonight was nowhere near the final form of the application.
This statement has me a bit puzzled. FCP is supposed to be out in around 2 months. Are they going to rush the rest into FCP in this amount of time, or get the basics in there, then drag onto multiple updates? Would be a shame to not have it fully ready for release. I'm a little skeptical if the rest will be ready by June. Nothing stinks worst than having a program that's touted a super program, to find out it wasn't ready for release. Just hope apple doesn't rush this one out the door. It looks to put the competition to shame if it can deliver.
The build they showed was an old build, at least a few months old, and also keep in mind it is basically going to be a version 1 application. Sure there are some things stolen from other Apple apps but I would expect FCP X to have v1 problems just any new app would.
Lethal
This statement has me a bit puzzled. FCP is supposed to be out in around 2 months. Are they going to rush the rest into FCP in this amount of time, or get the basics in there, then drag onto multiple updates? Would be a shame to not have it fully ready for release. I'm a little skeptical if the rest will be ready by June. Nothing stinks worst than having a program that's touted a super program, to find out it wasn't ready for release. Just hope apple doesn't rush this one out the door. It looks to put the competition to shame if it can deliver.
The build they showed was an old build, at least a few months old, and also keep in mind it is basically going to be a version 1 application. Sure there are some things stolen from other Apple apps but I would expect FCP X to have v1 problems just any new app would.
Lethal
Johnpartridge
Sep 12, 04:40 PM
Can someone give me some idea when the Apple Store Birmingham UK will get the new nano's in stock ?
Its only a few minutes from my house so i believe a purchase is in order of a new Lime Green Nano :)
John
Its only a few minutes from my house so i believe a purchase is in order of a new Lime Green Nano :)
John
abbstrack
Mar 25, 07:54 PM
downloading now, but does anyone know if it fixed the issue with the sticky slide to unlock bar?
this has become increasingly frustrating over the past few days.
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2784545&start=0&tstart=0
this has become increasingly frustrating over the past few days.
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2784545&start=0&tstart=0

ciTiger
May 4, 09:52 PM
It will happen eventually but in the iPad3 already?
Besides Apple usually pimps up the iPhone before the iPad and the next iPhone won't have 3D...
Unless they abdicate on the retina display on the iPad and go 3D instead...
Besides Apple usually pimps up the iPhone before the iPad and the next iPhone won't have 3D...
Unless they abdicate on the retina display on the iPad and go 3D instead...
Lyra
Nov 8, 09:16 AM
"What?? They released them already?? But I just bought...GAH!!!!!"- C.M.Sevilla
I AM SO CLOSE TO THAT LINE!!!!
In fact I just called the store and said to them; "Uh, what's wrong with this picture, I paid more for an outdated Macbook and I still haven't received it"...
So he said that he'll cancel the original order and place a new one.
See, I even added an extra 512MB RAM to the original order cause I had to have it with at least 1GB of ram. Glad to see it is now included in the in-store versions.
But it was terribly close, cause they promised me the MacBook for this week and since it still didn't show up, I was getting suspicious. I guess I was right, they did release new MacBooks. I just didn't expect it...
In any event, all is well, and they will reorder the MacBook with Core2Duo and it might take longer but I'll save some money and I'll get a better machine that is BRAND new...
So that's my story to share on a "How close were you to buy an old mac Today" story...
Have fun guys... and if I get it soon, I'll let you know just how well it performs and if Rosetta is still a drag... "it probably is..." but at least I'll be able to use Aperture without a problem on it...
:) :D
I AM SO CLOSE TO THAT LINE!!!!
In fact I just called the store and said to them; "Uh, what's wrong with this picture, I paid more for an outdated Macbook and I still haven't received it"...
So he said that he'll cancel the original order and place a new one.
See, I even added an extra 512MB RAM to the original order cause I had to have it with at least 1GB of ram. Glad to see it is now included in the in-store versions.
But it was terribly close, cause they promised me the MacBook for this week and since it still didn't show up, I was getting suspicious. I guess I was right, they did release new MacBooks. I just didn't expect it...
In any event, all is well, and they will reorder the MacBook with Core2Duo and it might take longer but I'll save some money and I'll get a better machine that is BRAND new...
So that's my story to share on a "How close were you to buy an old mac Today" story...
Have fun guys... and if I get it soon, I'll let you know just how well it performs and if Rosetta is still a drag... "it probably is..." but at least I'll be able to use Aperture without a problem on it...
:) :D
centauratlas
Mar 25, 12:51 PM
Mine shows 593.0 for the iPad - original
614.6MB for iPad 2
666.0 for iPhone 4 (AT&T)
Mine shows 650.2MB...hmmmm interesting
614.6MB for iPad 2
666.0 for iPhone 4 (AT&T)
Mine shows 650.2MB...hmmmm interesting
Dr.Gargoyle
Aug 24, 01:16 PM
All my PB batteries are A1148. Crap. :rolleyes:
My A1061 too... damn
My A1061 too... damn
Keleko
Mar 10, 06:43 PM
Another flying skeletal dinosaur.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5095/5484933633_c2dd07db65_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/22077805@N07/5484933633/)
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5095/5484933633_c2dd07db65_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/22077805@N07/5484933633/)
otter
Mar 10, 04:40 AM
Seems like I recognize that place... even some of the boats... ;) Post more, if you have any. I'm always keen to see someone else's interpretation of a familiar place (at least to me...)
Here's one more. Having grown up there, I'm quite familiar with the place as well. I should see it as a challenge but the familiarity makes it a difficult place for me to photograph.
http://blog.darinrogers.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/MG_9072.jpg (http://blog.darinrogers.net/blog/)
Here's one more. Having grown up there, I'm quite familiar with the place as well. I should see it as a challenge but the familiarity makes it a difficult place for me to photograph.
http://blog.darinrogers.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/MG_9072.jpg (http://blog.darinrogers.net/blog/)

slinger1968
Sep 4, 06:48 PM
Yes, the point is that Apple is trying to prevent people from running OS X on non-Mac computers. End of story.No, this is incorrect.
Apple sold it's OS's for Mac hardware only, long before people started running OS X on PC's.
Mac OS's sold without hardware are sold as upgrades. End of story.
Apple sold it's OS's for Mac hardware only, long before people started running OS X on PC's.
Mac OS's sold without hardware are sold as upgrades. End of story.
WeegieMac
Mar 29, 06:30 AM
It'll be $129 � the same as ALL of the past upgrades except for Snow Leopard which was Leopard but just a slimmed-down, rewriting of the OS. Apple felt that without a lot of core new features being added, they would give the public a break and just charge a nominal fee for Snow Leopard, rather than the typical $129.
Don't listen to anyone who says differently. It will be $129.
It'll be cheaper if bought via the Mac App Store, just like Aperture is cheaper than the off the shelf, boxed version when bought via the Mac App Store.
Don't listen to anyone who says differently. It will be $129.
It'll be cheaper if bought via the Mac App Store, just like Aperture is cheaper than the off the shelf, boxed version when bought via the Mac App Store.

Atheistpaladin
Nov 24, 02:54 AM
Reading these threads I am forced to reach the conclusion that the Beatles re highly underrated :D

Friscohoya
May 5, 01:05 AM
no thanks.
Yeah right. You've probably bought every product apple has ever made. Hence your presence on this site. Just sayin be real about it...
Yeah right. You've probably bought every product apple has ever made. Hence your presence on this site. Just sayin be real about it...
Time Clock
Nov 23, 11:52 PM
I thought I had heard it all!
Are you seriously comparing Bach to the Beatles?
There are hundreds of doctoral dissertations about Bach and his music. There are people studying his typography....etc. For example, there is a study about the color of the ink he used at the beginning of his Leipzig period. They found a relationship of patterns of writing and the color of the ink according to his age. That's is one of the thousands ways they have tried to find out the date of a single piece. There a lot people who devote their lives to perform or/and study his music.
Have they done that for the Beatles?
I am going to take you as my example form now on. I am going to tell my friends there is someone who compares Bach to the Beatles.
You don't know how people will look at The Beatles in the next 100, 200, 300 years. In fact, from what I remember from a music class that I was in, Handel was looked upon as the superior composer during the Baroque period. It wasn't until sometime after his death, that Bach was reexamined. I would argue that the Beatles have had, relatively speaking, as much of an impact as Bach. The Beatles still influence today's music.
I don't understand how people can dismiss The Beatles so easily. Were they the most talented musicians? No. But as a group, they constructed a body of work that is, in my opinion, unparalleled.
So, there- I'm another person that just compared The Beatles to Bach;)
And The Beatles weren't pop. They were what was formally known as Rock and Roll:D
Are you seriously comparing Bach to the Beatles?
There are hundreds of doctoral dissertations about Bach and his music. There are people studying his typography....etc. For example, there is a study about the color of the ink he used at the beginning of his Leipzig period. They found a relationship of patterns of writing and the color of the ink according to his age. That's is one of the thousands ways they have tried to find out the date of a single piece. There a lot people who devote their lives to perform or/and study his music.
Have they done that for the Beatles?
I am going to take you as my example form now on. I am going to tell my friends there is someone who compares Bach to the Beatles.
You don't know how people will look at The Beatles in the next 100, 200, 300 years. In fact, from what I remember from a music class that I was in, Handel was looked upon as the superior composer during the Baroque period. It wasn't until sometime after his death, that Bach was reexamined. I would argue that the Beatles have had, relatively speaking, as much of an impact as Bach. The Beatles still influence today's music.
I don't understand how people can dismiss The Beatles so easily. Were they the most talented musicians? No. But as a group, they constructed a body of work that is, in my opinion, unparalleled.
So, there- I'm another person that just compared The Beatles to Bach;)
And The Beatles weren't pop. They were what was formally known as Rock and Roll:D
sineplex
May 4, 10:54 PM
Forget 3d.
I'd rather the iPad 3 display have the ability to turn into e-ink and back to normal. iPad 4 can have Retina.
I'd rather the iPad 3 display have the ability to turn into e-ink and back to normal. iPad 4 can have Retina.
Kingsly
Oct 26, 06:58 PM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2006/10/macbook-shutdown-fix.jpg
I hope Apple releases a OSX update that enables that feature on my MBP... like the two finger click.
I cant believe they would put an extra feature on a consumer machine and leave out all us pro users!! :D
I hope Apple releases a OSX update that enables that feature on my MBP... like the two finger click.
I cant believe they would put an extra feature on a consumer machine and leave out all us pro users!! :D

hatunike
Apr 11, 01:23 PM
Interesting discussion.
It seems that many people pirate Adobe products because they want to learn the tools, but don't have a job to pay for it's high prices. Those who are anti-piracy seem to argue that if you have the tools and the know-how than you can easily make enough money to pay for the price.
Do those in the anti-piracy camp have major issues with someone who pirates Adobe products, but doesn't "profit" from them?....i.e doesn't make even enough money to cover the costs of the original products or even makes zero dollars?
Of course it is still illegal, but it seems like everyone's defense revolves around "if you make money off of a product than you should pay for it"..
I personally feel that pirating is wrong in ALL cases. However, I couldn't care less if someone pirated it, and profited in NO way.
Piracy aside, I do think it's interesting to see Adobe going this way, and I don't think it will pay off. At a time when Apple is enabling developers with it's App store to be able to charge less for apps, but earn more money with a higher volume of downloads. Not to mention the customer gets some amazing benefits by using the app store: integration with the os (think Launchpad), easy updates, multiple licenses across a users account, use of itunes account to make purchases, etc
Seems like Adobe is just BEGGING for developers to take away their business. It's already happening with pixelmator, aperature, etc doing 80% of what adobe does, but at fraction of the cost.
I give it one more year, and Adobe's products will be entirely replaceable by App store Apps that will be SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper. Developers will be making their money, the apps will be cheap enough that piracy won't be as big of an issue, and everyone will be happy (except Adobe....and those heavily invested into their software model, and business).
It seems that many people pirate Adobe products because they want to learn the tools, but don't have a job to pay for it's high prices. Those who are anti-piracy seem to argue that if you have the tools and the know-how than you can easily make enough money to pay for the price.
Do those in the anti-piracy camp have major issues with someone who pirates Adobe products, but doesn't "profit" from them?....i.e doesn't make even enough money to cover the costs of the original products or even makes zero dollars?
Of course it is still illegal, but it seems like everyone's defense revolves around "if you make money off of a product than you should pay for it"..
I personally feel that pirating is wrong in ALL cases. However, I couldn't care less if someone pirated it, and profited in NO way.
Piracy aside, I do think it's interesting to see Adobe going this way, and I don't think it will pay off. At a time when Apple is enabling developers with it's App store to be able to charge less for apps, but earn more money with a higher volume of downloads. Not to mention the customer gets some amazing benefits by using the app store: integration with the os (think Launchpad), easy updates, multiple licenses across a users account, use of itunes account to make purchases, etc
Seems like Adobe is just BEGGING for developers to take away their business. It's already happening with pixelmator, aperature, etc doing 80% of what adobe does, but at fraction of the cost.
I give it one more year, and Adobe's products will be entirely replaceable by App store Apps that will be SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper. Developers will be making their money, the apps will be cheap enough that piracy won't be as big of an issue, and everyone will be happy (except Adobe....and those heavily invested into their software model, and business).
navpro
Mar 23, 09:54 PM
My new iPad was at the local FedEx distribution center, 2 miles from my house, only to be returned to Apple at Apples request. I provided them with my UPS Store PMB (Private Mail Box) number because I was out of town when it arrived. Someone had to sign. I couldn't leave it on my porch. I don't know my neighbors well enough. The folks at the UPS store could sign, right? Wrong. Because UPS has the ability to ship overseas, Apple refused to deliver.
I travel for my job. My wife does, as well. Apple's Shipping Restrictions web page states they will not ship to PO Boxes and APO's. No mention of PMB's.
So 21 days after announcement, my iPad was 2 miles from my hands. It's gone.
Apple said Sorry, you'll have to reorder. It's only another 5 weeks before I can get one. They would not expedite a new order. They would not hold the iPad at the FedEx distribution center. Too bad for me. I'm fuming. I'm pissed.
I reordered from AT&T. Wait time 25 business days. I won't give Apple all the profit they would have enjoyed. I know. Big deal. I'm not a profiteer. Not trying to subvert their ordering system. Too bad. I'm screwed.
I understand why they refused to deliver. But, no phone call, no alternative delivery option, no expedited order, no option.
Bad customer service. I've spent $6,000 with them over the last three years. So what? Who cares.
I travel for my job. My wife does, as well. Apple's Shipping Restrictions web page states they will not ship to PO Boxes and APO's. No mention of PMB's.
So 21 days after announcement, my iPad was 2 miles from my hands. It's gone.
Apple said Sorry, you'll have to reorder. It's only another 5 weeks before I can get one. They would not expedite a new order. They would not hold the iPad at the FedEx distribution center. Too bad for me. I'm fuming. I'm pissed.
I reordered from AT&T. Wait time 25 business days. I won't give Apple all the profit they would have enjoyed. I know. Big deal. I'm not a profiteer. Not trying to subvert their ordering system. Too bad. I'm screwed.
I understand why they refused to deliver. But, no phone call, no alternative delivery option, no expedited order, no option.
Bad customer service. I've spent $6,000 with them over the last three years. So what? Who cares.
iPhelim
Jan 11, 05:10 PM
THis is one of the most ridiculous posts I have read on this thread. Sorry. So you want Apple to go around the world creating contracts with all mobile operators in the world, so you can use 3G FOR FREE???!! Which isn't even available everywhere??!!.
Is that not what they are practically doing with the uh....urm...i dunno...iPHONE? Plus, the original poster only mentioned AT&T, they didnt talk about it going international.
Is that not what they are practically doing with the uh....urm...i dunno...iPHONE? Plus, the original poster only mentioned AT&T, they didnt talk about it going international.
mscriv
Apr 7, 11:53 AM
The Bible says many good things and many bad things. I was highlighting some of the bad things to show how people do pick and choose. Consider Deuteronomy 13-
6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers ...
9 ... thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God.
This is pretty clear, and no amount of fitting in with the rest of the Bible or whatever is going to help. Thankfully, people ignore this today. In other words, people apply a moral standard when reading the Bible. The Bible doesn't lead to morality.
*bold emphasis mine
I'm sorry friend, but you aren't understanding the full context of what you are reading. The old testament, in this case Deuteronomy, does not stand alone, but is correctly interpreted in light of the new testament and the fulfillment of the law that Christ accomplished through the incarnation and his death.
God gave the law in the old testament to serve a specific purpose at a specific time to a specific people. From a theological stand point it's purpose was to show that no amount of work or good behavior can bring one to God. The law serves to highlight our separation from God in that none of us can measure up. The wages of sin are death and thus under the law death was the punishment. Under the new covenant Christ's death has paid the price of sin and we no longer need to live under the law.
So you see, you are guilty of doing what it is you are saying that others are doing. You are picking/choosing a verse out of the old testament and presenting it as if it was a universal command to all believers for all time.
It's like when you tell a child to play in the front yard but not to cross the street. You are giving them a specific command for a specific time with a specific purpose in mind (their safety). It would be silly to say that your intention was for that child to never cross a street in their life. They are forever forbidden from leaving the front yard because at one point you told them not to cross the street.
I'm not trying to pick on you or attack you personally, I'm simply trying to help you better understand. People often make the error of thinking the Bible is written like an instruction manual or a recipie book. It's not that simple. You must read it in context and it's context is the entirety of the 66 books contained within it. Additionally, the books are written in different genres of literature and thus various literary tools are used to correctly interpret them.
For you to quote Deuteronomy as evidence that the Bible "literally" tells believers today they should stone people is incorrect. It's also silly to say "thanfully people today ignore this". This statement highlights your misunderstanding of what you are quoting. Believers don't need to ignore a law/command that was never intended for them. Do you ignore horse and buggy traffic laws that were written centuries ago? You don't need to, those laws were not written for you, but for a specific people at a specific time.
Much of the old testament is narrative historical literature and it allows believers to understand how God has worked throughout history to reveal himself. To take those narratives and claim they are commands for today's people is both silly and a misrepresentation of what the Bible actually says.
@mscriv
I think that my objection to a book like this for atheists is that there is no reason to believe that the author of the book's morals or opinions are anymore important or better than anyone else's.
I'm disagreeing with barkomatic (and do understand what he is saying). I'm saying religion does not provide the basis for modern morality. I'm saying a structured moral code isn't necessary- it is already there as it is in part innate and in part social.
I understand these difference of opinion and thank you for your clarification.
6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers ...
9 ... thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God.
This is pretty clear, and no amount of fitting in with the rest of the Bible or whatever is going to help. Thankfully, people ignore this today. In other words, people apply a moral standard when reading the Bible. The Bible doesn't lead to morality.
*bold emphasis mine
I'm sorry friend, but you aren't understanding the full context of what you are reading. The old testament, in this case Deuteronomy, does not stand alone, but is correctly interpreted in light of the new testament and the fulfillment of the law that Christ accomplished through the incarnation and his death.
God gave the law in the old testament to serve a specific purpose at a specific time to a specific people. From a theological stand point it's purpose was to show that no amount of work or good behavior can bring one to God. The law serves to highlight our separation from God in that none of us can measure up. The wages of sin are death and thus under the law death was the punishment. Under the new covenant Christ's death has paid the price of sin and we no longer need to live under the law.
So you see, you are guilty of doing what it is you are saying that others are doing. You are picking/choosing a verse out of the old testament and presenting it as if it was a universal command to all believers for all time.
It's like when you tell a child to play in the front yard but not to cross the street. You are giving them a specific command for a specific time with a specific purpose in mind (their safety). It would be silly to say that your intention was for that child to never cross a street in their life. They are forever forbidden from leaving the front yard because at one point you told them not to cross the street.
I'm not trying to pick on you or attack you personally, I'm simply trying to help you better understand. People often make the error of thinking the Bible is written like an instruction manual or a recipie book. It's not that simple. You must read it in context and it's context is the entirety of the 66 books contained within it. Additionally, the books are written in different genres of literature and thus various literary tools are used to correctly interpret them.
For you to quote Deuteronomy as evidence that the Bible "literally" tells believers today they should stone people is incorrect. It's also silly to say "thanfully people today ignore this". This statement highlights your misunderstanding of what you are quoting. Believers don't need to ignore a law/command that was never intended for them. Do you ignore horse and buggy traffic laws that were written centuries ago? You don't need to, those laws were not written for you, but for a specific people at a specific time.
Much of the old testament is narrative historical literature and it allows believers to understand how God has worked throughout history to reveal himself. To take those narratives and claim they are commands for today's people is both silly and a misrepresentation of what the Bible actually says.
@mscriv
I think that my objection to a book like this for atheists is that there is no reason to believe that the author of the book's morals or opinions are anymore important or better than anyone else's.
I'm disagreeing with barkomatic (and do understand what he is saying). I'm saying religion does not provide the basis for modern morality. I'm saying a structured moral code isn't necessary- it is already there as it is in part innate and in part social.
I understand these difference of opinion and thank you for your clarification.
T'hain Esh Kelch
Mar 21, 01:15 PM
Anyone else think they'll probably rename the iPod touch to simply "iPod"? I think it makes sense, considering almost all of their products feature multi-touch technology at this point.
They won't. You wouldn't know if people talked about iPods in general or iPod touches.
They won't. You wouldn't know if people talked about iPods in general or iPod touches.
IronLogik
Nov 12, 10:54 AM
I respect the fact that he and any developer can do what ever they wish, and move on to do other things, but to use the review process as your excuse is lame. Sure, everyone knows and agrees it's a bit harsh of a process, but he's leaving exactly why? Because it's a 2 week wait for approval? Because Apple polices content to make sure it won't hinder performance on the device? The developers all know the rules, and not much has changed from day one. I understand frustration, but this is a bit extreme to prove a point. There are better ways to go about it.
Just my opinion...
I think he did a great job on the app, and I'm disappointed he's walking away from it.
I can totally understand his frustration. His job is to make his application better. When there is a big bug that sneaks into the application but isn't caught before the release of the app. You discover it after several people complain (and several in FB terms is probably thousands) but you can fix the problem in an hour. But then you need to wait 2-3 weeks for the application to be approved by apple. In the mean time you can't do jack **** because the app store is completely controlled by Apple. Oh and the user has to deal with the bug until Apple approves the update which at the current rate can be anywhere from a week to three weeks (or more as noted below).
His job is made harder because of Apple's BS. Why would you want your job to be harder than it needs to be? Of course you don't want your job to be harder. So why say that his job should be any different than your own.
Nevermind the other developers out there like Cerulean Studio's who haven't heard a single peep from Apple about their Trillian app for the iPhone for over 3 months. THREE MONTHS.
It's pretty clear that while one developer has the capability to be reassigned to better things, not all developers are. As a result he chose to make his life easier. Others can't, but my guess is that if they had the choice they too would switch away from the App Store.
Look at Steven Frank (from Panic) who tried to ditch the iPhone for philosophical reasons as well. He wasn't able to leave. But my guess is his success rate would be higher now with the newer Android devices (Droid and Droid Eris/Hero).
This isn't just one developer having problems. It's a LOT of big developers who are seeing issues. meanwhile more fart apps, flashlight apps and trash are loaded up on the store for no good reason. But those who actually want to make your life easier are getting nothing but grief (or in the case of Cerulean Studios' NOTHING).
Look at the bigger picture is what I'm saying.
Just my opinion...
I think he did a great job on the app, and I'm disappointed he's walking away from it.
I can totally understand his frustration. His job is to make his application better. When there is a big bug that sneaks into the application but isn't caught before the release of the app. You discover it after several people complain (and several in FB terms is probably thousands) but you can fix the problem in an hour. But then you need to wait 2-3 weeks for the application to be approved by apple. In the mean time you can't do jack **** because the app store is completely controlled by Apple. Oh and the user has to deal with the bug until Apple approves the update which at the current rate can be anywhere from a week to three weeks (or more as noted below).
His job is made harder because of Apple's BS. Why would you want your job to be harder than it needs to be? Of course you don't want your job to be harder. So why say that his job should be any different than your own.
Nevermind the other developers out there like Cerulean Studio's who haven't heard a single peep from Apple about their Trillian app for the iPhone for over 3 months. THREE MONTHS.
It's pretty clear that while one developer has the capability to be reassigned to better things, not all developers are. As a result he chose to make his life easier. Others can't, but my guess is that if they had the choice they too would switch away from the App Store.
Look at Steven Frank (from Panic) who tried to ditch the iPhone for philosophical reasons as well. He wasn't able to leave. But my guess is his success rate would be higher now with the newer Android devices (Droid and Droid Eris/Hero).
This isn't just one developer having problems. It's a LOT of big developers who are seeing issues. meanwhile more fart apps, flashlight apps and trash are loaded up on the store for no good reason. But those who actually want to make your life easier are getting nothing but grief (or in the case of Cerulean Studios' NOTHING).
Look at the bigger picture is what I'm saying.
G4er?
Mar 21, 03:03 PM
Maybe if I send Apple a note saying, "My wife says Apple won't build a xMac" Apple will send me a note saying "Yes we will."
No comments:
Post a Comment