Thunderhawks
Nov 24, 06:57 AM
sorry...but her stuff is light years ahead of that old outdated sound.
Haha, Kesha who?
Comment again when you are 18, if she is still around in 6 years:-)
Maybe the Beatles should have worn meat suits to please today's generation of ignorant , uneducated followers who like celebrities just for being famous.
Just look at the sales numbers every year (not only on itunes) if that is your only measuring stick.
Beatles win:-)
Haha, Kesha who?
Comment again when you are 18, if she is still around in 6 years:-)
Maybe the Beatles should have worn meat suits to please today's generation of ignorant , uneducated followers who like celebrities just for being famous.
Just look at the sales numbers every year (not only on itunes) if that is your only measuring stick.
Beatles win:-)
Eraserhead
Apr 26, 01:56 AM
Britain is very class based, and is probably racist too. Black people here are generally poor and don't do particularly well at school as well.
joeboy_45101
Sep 12, 04:41 PM
Is it just me or does anybody else think that the missing album artwork looks a little bad. It doesn't look like the same stuff you get when you buy a song from the music store. :confused:
andrewl232003
Sep 14, 09:53 PM
Yea that jet pack is real, saw it on inside xbox
starlabs
Oct 31, 12:32 PM
You've got nothing to lose - as it is, it's pretty much useless - unless you enjoy having your MacBook turn off at the most inopportune times.
Do this: schedule an appt with your local Apple store Genius Bar for later today or tomorrow. Update your firmware. If it happens to shutdown while updating your firmware, or you brick it somehow, bring it to your appointment and tell them what happened.
If it works, cancel the appointment.
BTW, since the update came out my MacBook has been running 100% fine.
Do this: schedule an appt with your local Apple store Genius Bar for later today or tomorrow. Update your firmware. If it happens to shutdown while updating your firmware, or you brick it somehow, bring it to your appointment and tell them what happened.
If it works, cancel the appointment.
BTW, since the update came out my MacBook has been running 100% fine.
eva01
Aug 24, 03:42 PM
nice to know that the website says my battery doesn't qualify, even thou it does, and i have tried other battery serial numbers and they also say it doesn't qualify.
So i call and they say it can't be done right now.
This is great especially since i will either be in school or at work during all times that applecare is open
So i call and they say it can't be done right now.
This is great especially since i will either be in school or at work during all times that applecare is open
MrMuskOx
Mar 11, 08:03 PM
Update: 9 to 5 Mac now reports that the cited source may have been a hoax, although it notes that it has received multiple tips of a MacBook Pro release in the very near future.
:mad:
:mad:
darpar
Mar 13, 11:28 AM
Thanks, you saved me a lot of stress. After reading the specs and seeing it was for PC's only, I tried to cancel the order. Sorry, I'm not a tech guru. But why would they state something like that and possibly limit their sales, when all they have to say is it can be formatted to whatever system you have?
http://www.wdc.com/en/PRODUCTS/Products.asp?DriveID=781
I'm guessing because of the software CD, which will only run on PCs. But yeah, I agree, it would be smarter to just put one Mac-compatible app on the CD and then market it for both systems.
http://www.wdc.com/en/PRODUCTS/Products.asp?DriveID=781
I'm guessing because of the software CD, which will only run on PCs. But yeah, I agree, it would be smarter to just put one Mac-compatible app on the CD and then market it for both systems.

aswitcher
Mar 29, 02:43 AM
WWDC 2003: PowerMac G5, iLife.
WWDC 2004: 23 and 30 inch cinema displays, iTunes 4.9
WWDC 2006: Mac Pro
WWDC 2008: iPhone 3G
WWDC 2009: iPhone 3GS, 13 inch MacBook Pro, and bumps to the 15/17 Pros.
WWDC 2010: iPhone 4
There is a lot of precedent for hardware and software announcements at WWDC, including a lot of stuff that doesn't directly impact developers. It's a big media event, and Apple saves on throwing two events close together in the summer by announcing things at WWDC.
So iPhone 5 seems like a lock.
WWDC 2004: 23 and 30 inch cinema displays, iTunes 4.9
WWDC 2006: Mac Pro
WWDC 2008: iPhone 3G
WWDC 2009: iPhone 3GS, 13 inch MacBook Pro, and bumps to the 15/17 Pros.
WWDC 2010: iPhone 4
There is a lot of precedent for hardware and software announcements at WWDC, including a lot of stuff that doesn't directly impact developers. It's a big media event, and Apple saves on throwing two events close together in the summer by announcing things at WWDC.
So iPhone 5 seems like a lock.

Chrispy
Nov 8, 09:18 AM
Apple store in Indy has them in stock today :)
rhinosrcool
Mar 11, 03:48 PM
As I've stated before, No Way does Apple realease the updated MBPs before the iPad is released!
Yes, I know that they are two different categories, but the MBPs would definitely steal a lot of the iPad's thunder.
I, too, would love to have the MBPs. Unfortunately, we are all just going to have to wait a while longer...
Yes, I know that they are two different categories, but the MBPs would definitely steal a lot of the iPad's thunder.
I, too, would love to have the MBPs. Unfortunately, we are all just going to have to wait a while longer...

mscriv
Apr 7, 11:40 PM
I'm a bit confused. How exactly does the context of the Old Testament point to a triune god? I've done a lot of academic study of the Tanakh in general, and Second Temple Judaism in particular, and I'm at a loss to where in Jewish orthodoxy the idea of a triune god exists.
I'm sorry SuperJudge. I should have worded myself better. What I'm trying to say is that the information presented on the web page that I referenced points to contextual clues that would require one to know the Hebrew language to understand. Additionally, understanding Hebrew history in terms of traditional beliefs and culture is also beneficial when understanding the connections between the old and new testament and hence the old and new covenant. We believe that Christ fulfilled the prophecies of the old testament.
I didn't mean to imply that traditional Jewish belief supports the concept of the trinity. Obviously, it does not as they interpret the old testament as a stand alone without the revelation of the new testament.
I didn't intend to be confusing, just to point out that simply reading the old testament on its own in a modern translation might not bring out all of the nuances that are there in the original language and context.
For answers regarding how the old testament itself does point to a triune God then look at the web page I referenced in my previous post.
I'm sorry SuperJudge. I should have worded myself better. What I'm trying to say is that the information presented on the web page that I referenced points to contextual clues that would require one to know the Hebrew language to understand. Additionally, understanding Hebrew history in terms of traditional beliefs and culture is also beneficial when understanding the connections between the old and new testament and hence the old and new covenant. We believe that Christ fulfilled the prophecies of the old testament.
I didn't mean to imply that traditional Jewish belief supports the concept of the trinity. Obviously, it does not as they interpret the old testament as a stand alone without the revelation of the new testament.
I didn't intend to be confusing, just to point out that simply reading the old testament on its own in a modern translation might not bring out all of the nuances that are there in the original language and context.
For answers regarding how the old testament itself does point to a triune God then look at the web page I referenced in my previous post.
Popeye206
May 5, 05:05 AM
This is great news unless it's automatic patches which mess up the jailbreak...
Automatic, without user authentication would not make sense. Apple has never issued updates or installed anything without user interaction. That would open the OS up to security risks. So, it wont be automatic.
Over 3G? No thank you. Wireless on WiFi is fine.
Automatic, without user authentication would not make sense. Apple has never issued updates or installed anything without user interaction. That would open the OS up to security risks. So, it wont be automatic.
Over 3G? No thank you. Wireless on WiFi is fine.

Napsju
Nov 8, 06:07 AM
The Dutch store (www.apple.com/nlstore) is down!!

morespce54
Jul 24, 03:39 PM
The current iPod is 4.1 x 2.4 inches. A mass market paperback -- which ain't big -- is roughy 7.1 x 4.3 inches, which is almost twice as large as an iPod. Most eBook devices are the size of a mass market paperback or larger. Portable DVD/DVR players are also typically larger than the iPod enclosure. I am all for a wide format iPod where the screen is the thing, but I'm not sure I want to read a book (or watch movies) on it if it's going to be the same size as the current iPod enclosure.
...but then, I wouldn't want to listen to my music on a paperback size device... :rolleyes:
...but then, I wouldn't want to listen to my music on a paperback size device... :rolleyes:
Sminman86
Mar 25, 02:03 PM
Mine's weighing in at 666.0MB... :apple:
currentinterest
Apr 17, 01:23 PM
Is it true that only WiFi iPads are sold at TRus? And if so, are there other stores where this is also the case?
Lyra
Nov 8, 09:16 AM
"What?? They released them already?? But I just bought...GAH!!!!!"- C.M.Sevilla
I AM SO CLOSE TO THAT LINE!!!!
In fact I just called the store and said to them; "Uh, what's wrong with this picture, I paid more for an outdated Macbook and I still haven't received it"...
So he said that he'll cancel the original order and place a new one.
See, I even added an extra 512MB RAM to the original order cause I had to have it with at least 1GB of ram. Glad to see it is now included in the in-store versions.
But it was terribly close, cause they promised me the MacBook for this week and since it still didn't show up, I was getting suspicious. I guess I was right, they did release new MacBooks. I just didn't expect it...
In any event, all is well, and they will reorder the MacBook with Core2Duo and it might take longer but I'll save some money and I'll get a better machine that is BRAND new...
So that's my story to share on a "How close were you to buy an old mac Today" story...
Have fun guys... and if I get it soon, I'll let you know just how well it performs and if Rosetta is still a drag... "it probably is..." but at least I'll be able to use Aperture without a problem on it...
:) :D
I AM SO CLOSE TO THAT LINE!!!!
In fact I just called the store and said to them; "Uh, what's wrong with this picture, I paid more for an outdated Macbook and I still haven't received it"...
So he said that he'll cancel the original order and place a new one.
See, I even added an extra 512MB RAM to the original order cause I had to have it with at least 1GB of ram. Glad to see it is now included in the in-store versions.
But it was terribly close, cause they promised me the MacBook for this week and since it still didn't show up, I was getting suspicious. I guess I was right, they did release new MacBooks. I just didn't expect it...
In any event, all is well, and they will reorder the MacBook with Core2Duo and it might take longer but I'll save some money and I'll get a better machine that is BRAND new...
So that's my story to share on a "How close were you to buy an old mac Today" story...
Have fun guys... and if I get it soon, I'll let you know just how well it performs and if Rosetta is still a drag... "it probably is..." but at least I'll be able to use Aperture without a problem on it...
:) :D
Zadillo
Aug 8, 11:33 AM
I don't see how adjusting the UI at the last minute could be any sort of OK. Do you really want developers using the Tiger finder for the next 7 months, and then all of the sudden Apple goes BAM (Emeril Style) and puts in a brand new finder.
Just because they aren't showing the Finder yet doesn't m ean they will only spring it on devs the day that Leopard ships commercially. There's a significant amount of time between now and then.
Probably when they do though, it will be under NDA, and they'll try and keep as much of it under wraps for as long as possible.
-Zadillo
Just because they aren't showing the Finder yet doesn't m ean they will only spring it on devs the day that Leopard ships commercially. There's a significant amount of time between now and then.
Probably when they do though, it will be under NDA, and they'll try and keep as much of it under wraps for as long as possible.
-Zadillo
malnar
Mar 19, 08:39 AM
I wonder what breaks more often, the hard drives fitted in the classic or the fragile touch screens of the iPod touch?
I know many people who've had iPod hard drives crap out on them. I don't know anyone who has an iPhone or Touch who has actually cracked their screen.
I know many people who've had iPod hard drives crap out on them. I don't know anyone who has an iPhone or Touch who has actually cracked their screen.
nbs2
Aug 24, 05:40 PM
Does it mean that apple takes your battery back whether you like it or not?
Yes. Failure to report to our masters in Cupertino will result in a squad of nerds in brown and black cloaks to appear at your door armed with swords, demanding you exchange your old battery for the one they bring you.
In other news, my A1078 cleared the gatekeepers...
Yes. Failure to report to our masters in Cupertino will result in a squad of nerds in brown and black cloaks to appear at your door armed with swords, demanding you exchange your old battery for the one they bring you.
In other news, my A1078 cleared the gatekeepers...
Play Ultimate
Sep 12, 02:16 PM
Almost time to use that $50 iPod Claims Store Credit. :)
mcrain
Apr 26, 10:33 AM
Did someone say gun ownership?
http://www.gun-control-network.org/International.gif
http://www.gun-control-network.org/International.gif
hobbyrennfahrer
Oct 11, 10:24 AM
Thanks, it's a Philips LivingColors LED lamp: http://www.usa.philips.com/c/lighting-systems/livingcolors-clear-080044248/prd/
I don't live in the USA, I'm from the Netherlands. Philips is a Dutch company, so here in the Netherlands you can buy it everywhere.
Philips ships worldwide.
I don't live in the USA, I'm from the Netherlands. Philips is a Dutch company, so here in the Netherlands you can buy it everywhere.
Philips ships worldwide.
No comments:
Post a Comment