Friday, April 25, 2008

A Couple Noteworthy Tidbits From Thursday

Brett Favre is slated to be on the cover of Madden '09 according to the good folks over at Game Focus and that the makers of the game, EA Sports, confirmed it last night. I'm just wondering why? The Madden Curse is very real and just because he's not playing football doesn't mean that the curse manifest himself. Why John Madden trying to kill Brett Favre? Seriously, if something bad happen to the dude over the next year blame EA. The curse is bigger than football. Watch your step #4. Keep an eye on your blindside when you and the fellas are playing a pickup game of football in your Wranglers. Wouldn't wanna see the gunslinger end up like Carson Palmer after the first drive in the playoffs against the Steelers back in 2005. My heart still ain't fully recovered from that. I love my city too much to ever let that one go. I prayed over that one for years and God still ain't returned my phone calls.


Apparently I'm the last person on the face of the planet that didn't know Wesley Snipes was in the midst of a federal investigation that culminated in a sentencing today. Apparently he received three years.

I'm real sorry to see this. Really I am. Three years for tax charges? Seems a bit excessive for a non-violent misdemeanor. People have been shot and maimed and the perpetrators have received way less time. Three years is a lot of time to give if you're a black man. That's about 4% of your life expectancy.

Well I'm rooting for you Wesley even if your movies suck and you haven't really been a part of a good one in a decade. Here's hoping your next role is more like Monroe Hutchens in Undisputed than Noxeema Jackson in To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar. Afterall, I'd hate to hear Passenger 57 became Passenger 69 in the pokey.

No comments:

Post a Comment