David C
July 27th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Gary,
I actually think the straight shot in this case is very nice in its own right!
Regarding the submissions so far: they all are good, and I don't know if I can add much, but I did have a bit of a go with the image (using the PSD you posted for Nick, as I don't have any RAW conversion capability here).
With those who have previously posted verions, I like the clarity of Josh's, and I think his probably has the best balance of 'sharpness' for this subject. However, I did feel his flower could have done with a bit more local contrast.
I think AjP and Freddy have got the contrast on the bloom the best so far. If I had to nitpick, I suppose I found AjP's leaves a bit bright for me, and Freddy's a bit dark (though the darkened leaves did set off the bloom very nicely!).
I went for background brightness about in the middle of these two versions (and thus I think ended up with a version fairly close to the one in your original post - though with somewhat less clipping on the highlight side).
For my go, my approach was similar to Josh's - with the addition of Levels:
(Input 1 0.95 241
Output 0 255)
with a saturation boost (about 25%, except for greens)
and a contrast mask (opacity about 50%).
Cheers,
DC
I actually think the straight shot in this case is very nice in its own right!
Regarding the submissions so far: they all are good, and I don't know if I can add much, but I did have a bit of a go with the image (using the PSD you posted for Nick, as I don't have any RAW conversion capability here).
With those who have previously posted verions, I like the clarity of Josh's, and I think his probably has the best balance of 'sharpness' for this subject. However, I did feel his flower could have done with a bit more local contrast.
I think AjP and Freddy have got the contrast on the bloom the best so far. If I had to nitpick, I suppose I found AjP's leaves a bit bright for me, and Freddy's a bit dark (though the darkened leaves did set off the bloom very nicely!).
I went for background brightness about in the middle of these two versions (and thus I think ended up with a version fairly close to the one in your original post - though with somewhat less clipping on the highlight side).
For my go, my approach was similar to Josh's - with the addition of Levels:
(Input 1 0.95 241
Output 0 255)
with a saturation boost (about 25%, except for greens)
and a contrast mask (opacity about 50%).
Cheers,
DC
wallpaper 2010 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
GCNirvana007
10-08 05:05 PM
GC is approved based on Good Faith that the sponsoring employer will employ you after GC is approved or you will work for sponsoring employer after GC is approved, if not then it could cause trouble for you during citizenship or your sponsoring employer could report to USCIS about the non-compliance--> This is legal term
But there is one way around it, join employer A and get yourself fired from the job then you're fine.
HTH
kris
Non-complaince only if i signed any saying i will be joining them after my GC or its by default?
But there is one way around it, join employer A and get yourself fired from the job then you're fine.
HTH
kris
Non-complaince only if i signed any saying i will be joining them after my GC or its by default?
jayleno
10-08 02:30 PM
Yes I did.
Did you take original 485 receipt with you?
Did you take original 485 receipt with you?
2011 Subaru Wrx Sti Spec C Type Ra
neerajkandhari
06-05 05:28 PM
I think when Immigration asks for the proof of employment you have to provide a letter that some one is ready to Hire you if do not have that job offer you are pretty much done (485 will be rejected)
So its all about timing if you are asked to prove your future employment and if you dont have that letter that time your 485 will be rejected
So its all about timing if you are asked to prove your future employment and if you dont have that letter that time your 485 will be rejected
more...
roseball
03-03 03:10 PM
AGI = American Greencard for Indians
Please add this to the immigration acronyms thread started today...:).......:D........:p
Please add this to the immigration acronyms thread started today...:).......:D........:p
GC_1000Watt
05-21 01:25 AM
Get HDFC receipt
Fill DS -160 online (no 156 or 157). You can complete 160 even before paying fees though. You will need to upload photo in DS 160.
2 days after the receipt was issued, take appointment (online).
Arrange to drop the docs (copy of passport, copy of 797, Appointment Letter, Receipt) at VFS Center 3 days before interview (this step is unique for Mumbai consulate).
Appear for interview
You may also buy a Rs250 Ticket to Start & Stripe Lounge where you can sit inside till your appointment time (instead of standing outside in queue) and they will take you to consulate by bus right before interview. It is worth , particularly in hot (or pouring) month of July.
Thanks krish for the detailed answer. Btw when Ds 156 and 157 will come into play?
Can you also share your mumbai consulate experience if you were there recently?
Thanks dude!
Fill DS -160 online (no 156 or 157). You can complete 160 even before paying fees though. You will need to upload photo in DS 160.
2 days after the receipt was issued, take appointment (online).
Arrange to drop the docs (copy of passport, copy of 797, Appointment Letter, Receipt) at VFS Center 3 days before interview (this step is unique for Mumbai consulate).
Appear for interview
You may also buy a Rs250 Ticket to Start & Stripe Lounge where you can sit inside till your appointment time (instead of standing outside in queue) and they will take you to consulate by bus right before interview. It is worth , particularly in hot (or pouring) month of July.
Thanks krish for the detailed answer. Btw when Ds 156 and 157 will come into play?
Can you also share your mumbai consulate experience if you were there recently?
Thanks dude!
more...
indyanguy
10-17 06:48 PM
If you open a company on EAD, you are eligible for any positions that pay by W2 right?
2010 2005 Subaru WRX Sti - Let
sheelalann
05-21 09:13 AM
Its been real fast. Yesterday I received my Approval letter, today I received my Card in mail.
Application was approved on 13 may after opening SR on 6th may. So canceling INFOPASS... :)
Congratulations !! Enjoy the freedom
Application was approved on 13 may after opening SR on 6th may. So canceling INFOPASS... :)
Congratulations !! Enjoy the freedom
more...
trexx7
09-10 05:12 PM
I can sponsor a couple of T-shirts with generic sizes. Could you please let me know the address that can send them. Thanks
hair The interior has some cheap

immi_seeker
09-28 06:41 PM
After looking to so many threads on our forum regarding the receipt notice delay. IV have raised the same questions to USCIS. Today USCIS have come with the answers to your questions. We are told that USCIS has put additional resources to address the receipt notice delays.
Please visit
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=82b06a9fec745110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D
Travelling without recieveing receipt notice is still an unclear topic. uscis has given a vague answer on that
Please visit
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=82b06a9fec745110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D
Travelling without recieveing receipt notice is still an unclear topic. uscis has given a vague answer on that
more...
bidhanc
05-11 12:50 PM
Hi,
I called npr at the "media relations" number and spoke to a Representative.
He gave me the TALK number as mentioned above.
Bidhan
I called npr at the "media relations" number and spoke to a Representative.
He gave me the TALK number as mentioned above.
Bidhan
hot Subaru Impreza WRX STi

immilaw
09-27 09:00 AM
Hello,
I am in serious trouble. Sometime ago I tried to switch my I-140 from EB3 to EB2. Now I get NOID to deny 140. Something related to prevailing wage (lawyer has actual letter). In my LC the offered wage was OK for EB3 but low for EB2. Lawyer says he'll try to reinstate EB3, but not sure. Has any one of you been able to reinstate EB3 140? Please help...
Ask the lawyer to give you a copy of the RFE.
I am in serious trouble. Sometime ago I tried to switch my I-140 from EB3 to EB2. Now I get NOID to deny 140. Something related to prevailing wage (lawyer has actual letter). In my LC the offered wage was OK for EB3 but low for EB2. Lawyer says he'll try to reinstate EB3, but not sure. Has any one of you been able to reinstate EB3 140? Please help...
Ask the lawyer to give you a copy of the RFE.
more...
house Subaru Impreza WRX STi
USCISSucks
11-14 01:34 AM
Before 180 Days for those 140 approved
Do a H1 transfer and extension to new company which you like..
(don't use EAD with the new company)
Stay with the present company for some secondary part time job just not to get him mad (or take a vacation)
2 months would fly when you are making now decent money...
do whatever after 180 days.
I spoke with my Lawyer on this approach and says he doesn;t see any issue with this since I140 approved..
otehrs who have answered favourably please let us know if anybody did this?
Do a H1 transfer and extension to new company which you like..
(don't use EAD with the new company)
Stay with the present company for some secondary part time job just not to get him mad (or take a vacation)
2 months would fly when you are making now decent money...
do whatever after 180 days.
I spoke with my Lawyer on this approach and says he doesn;t see any issue with this since I140 approved..
otehrs who have answered favourably please let us know if anybody did this?
tattoo 2007 Subaru Impreza Wrx Sti
visli_com
06-19 05:58 PM
same rules apply to medical center. If you donot have MMR how can they give one shot and then give the medical report when another dose is pending next month.
Does that mean those who get MMR shot at medical center have one more pending ...but got their report in advance????
Is it possible to give these medical certificate(MMR/Varicella) from India?
Does that mean those who get MMR shot at medical center have one more pending ...but got their report in advance????
Is it possible to give these medical certificate(MMR/Varicella) from India?
more...
pictures 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
ubetman
09-10 12:08 AM
Can we buy there in DC instead of ordering now and not receiving before we leave? I am from dallas and If I order on Monday, do you think I can get before friday? FYI: I am leaving on saturday morning...Thanks...
dresses Subaru Wrx STi Fronts View
gcisadawg
04-13 10:22 AM
I have recently switched the job using AC21. I have to move my 401K from my old previous company but here is the issue: in my new company I will not be eligible for the 401 till I complete 6 months with the new company.
If thinking of moving it to IRA account, please let me know what is the procedure involved?
I will really appreciate if some can suggest me what are my other options.
Thanks,
You have multiple options.
1> Just keep the money with your old company. This is possible if the balance is above 5K.
You can shift as soon as you set up a new 401K plan with your new company. Check with your current HR if they allow this. In my company, they do allow this.
2> Shift the money to a new/exsisting IRA.
Either case, first open the account and ask your current 401K custodian to write a cheque to new 401K/IRA custodian. If they write a cheque directly to you, they may withhold tax.
If you don't deposit within specific time period then you would incur tax and 10% penalty.
-GCisaDawg
If thinking of moving it to IRA account, please let me know what is the procedure involved?
I will really appreciate if some can suggest me what are my other options.
Thanks,
You have multiple options.
1> Just keep the money with your old company. This is possible if the balance is above 5K.
You can shift as soon as you set up a new 401K plan with your new company. Check with your current HR if they allow this. In my company, they do allow this.
2> Shift the money to a new/exsisting IRA.
Either case, first open the account and ask your current 401K custodian to write a cheque to new 401K/IRA custodian. If they write a cheque directly to you, they may withhold tax.
If you don't deposit within specific time period then you would incur tax and 10% penalty.
-GCisaDawg
more...
makeup Subaru WRX STI Limited - Cars
eb3retro
10-29 10:04 AM
lazycis,
i sent you a pm..could u pls respond. thanks.
i sent you a pm..could u pls respond. thanks.
girlfriend Red With Envy - Subaru WRX STI
amslonewolf
01-26 11:52 AM
This is an important step zero. I am sure Reid will push this through in the Senate.
But in this congress it's all about what the House does.. Need to see the House version of this bill..
But in this congress it's all about what the House does.. Need to see the House version of this bill..
hairstyles WRC Subaru WRX STI Interior
ryan
01-26 03:18 PM
Hi Friends, I searched through some of the prior posts and did not find the answer. I am not looking for cities to live in from the point of view of job, taxes, weather, desi population, desi amenties such as movies, restaurants etc...
Please, don't take this wrong way. I assume you moved to the US to seek the positives this land has to offer your children, whilst holding on to certain cultures / values from your hometown. Hence, I don't understand why you would relocate to the other side of the planet and seek the best place for "Indian" children to live?! I would reckon, it is probably your hometown, in India.
Very few get to have the cake and eat it too.
I have lived in 4 states, in the 8 years I have lived in this country. I have NEVER faced racism or discrimination of any sort. No place is perfect. However, this country does stand head and shoulders above a lot of places. Try and fit in.
Please, don't take this wrong way. I assume you moved to the US to seek the positives this land has to offer your children, whilst holding on to certain cultures / values from your hometown. Hence, I don't understand why you would relocate to the other side of the planet and seek the best place for "Indian" children to live?! I would reckon, it is probably your hometown, in India.
Very few get to have the cake and eat it too.
I have lived in 4 states, in the 8 years I have lived in this country. I have NEVER faced racism or discrimination of any sort. No place is perfect. However, this country does stand head and shoulders above a lot of places. Try and fit in.
kawosa
08-19 12:59 PM
Thanks, I work in the credit derivatives area. Developing IT infrastructure for pricing and doing risk analysis for single names and multi-names credit derivatives. What about you?
started teaching in the same uni after my MBA... thought will get into a phD prog or fninsh the CFA the get into investment analysis,...
5 years have passed, CFA was over long ago.... but just waiting for GC...
started teaching in the same uni after my MBA... thought will get into a phD prog or fninsh the CFA the get into investment analysis,...
5 years have passed, CFA was over long ago.... but just waiting for GC...
ujjvalkoul
06-30 05:10 PM
IT is a shady practice, if you file for a completely different person, file a new application. How come you can jump the line.?
No comments:
Post a Comment