sdrblr
07-21 04:23 PM
We came back on H1/ H4 even though I had valid AP last December. We are travelling again next week and will be back in 2 weeks. Not sure whether it matters what the POE is, mine is Chicago O'Hare.
When i went to Mumbai last december i got my H1B stamped. while coming to US i showed the POE my H1B stamped visa he asked me for Advanced parol document and i was Parolled.When i asked him i have a H1B stamped in my passport why do i need to be parolled. He answered AP has a higher preference than H1B.
the bottom line is " H1B stamping will not be considered for your entry". Its just a stamp for your satisfaction.
I am not going to stamp my H1B again. 18 months back when i came from Vancouver Canada the POE let me in by AP not by H1B visa. I asked him about my valid H1B and the POE told me you can enter using either one but we prefer AP.
If you are a local from mumbai then its okay to attend a interview and get stamped. They don't ask much in my interview. In my last interview they asked me in the picture you have a mouthstach and now you are clean shaven. So that is the level of questions asked at the interview. Its just 2-3 hours of work or maybe half a day if you wish to do it.
One more proble i went through at mumbai consulte, The dates were posted 1 week in advance and then a local person has to go and submit the document to the consulate. the FEDEX from US to India would be costing around 68 to 150 dollars and it needs to be reached within 1-2 days (i.e. 3 days before the interview). I got it done somehow.
J thomas
When i went to Mumbai last december i got my H1B stamped. while coming to US i showed the POE my H1B stamped visa he asked me for Advanced parol document and i was Parolled.When i asked him i have a H1B stamped in my passport why do i need to be parolled. He answered AP has a higher preference than H1B.
the bottom line is " H1B stamping will not be considered for your entry". Its just a stamp for your satisfaction.
I am not going to stamp my H1B again. 18 months back when i came from Vancouver Canada the POE let me in by AP not by H1B visa. I asked him about my valid H1B and the POE told me you can enter using either one but we prefer AP.
If you are a local from mumbai then its okay to attend a interview and get stamped. They don't ask much in my interview. In my last interview they asked me in the picture you have a mouthstach and now you are clean shaven. So that is the level of questions asked at the interview. Its just 2-3 hours of work or maybe half a day if you wish to do it.
One more proble i went through at mumbai consulte, The dates were posted 1 week in advance and then a local person has to go and submit the document to the consulate. the FEDEX from US to India would be costing around 68 to 150 dollars and it needs to be reached within 1-2 days (i.e. 3 days before the interview). I got it done somehow.
J thomas
qualified_trash
12-15 11:35 AM
I think if you have 2 years left, you will get H1 transfer and the new H1 will have 2 years. After those 2 years, you will get another 3 years if your 140 is not revoked by your previous employer.
he can get a 3 yr extension no matter what because I am assuming that he will go through PERM and have his I140 approved through the new company in a year or so.
the only benefit of the old I140 is to port the Priority Date.
he can get a 3 yr extension no matter what because I am assuming that he will go through PERM and have his I140 approved through the new company in a year or so.
the only benefit of the old I140 is to port the Priority Date.
chanduv23
10-02 04:56 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^
PD_Dec2002
07-07 09:58 PM
Thanks for your reply. We just published the ad a week ago. Is that a big deal to revise now ? It went into computer world and stuff. I am not sure how difficult it would be.
Hence for this matter, I have another employer willing to file my LC this month. But I am thinking since I was not with them when they sent out the ad and requesting wage details, IS this something considered equivalent to LC subsitution if I join them and file my LC with already sent out ad ??
Your answer is highly important.
Thanks
I am not sure I understand what you are saying. But before you get flamed (and correctly so) by everyone, I just have one advice for you: "What goes around comes around".
Never, never ever do anything in life that will come back to haunt you. Dishonesty can only go so far...
Good luck.
Thanks,
Jayant
Hence for this matter, I have another employer willing to file my LC this month. But I am thinking since I was not with them when they sent out the ad and requesting wage details, IS this something considered equivalent to LC subsitution if I join them and file my LC with already sent out ad ??
Your answer is highly important.
Thanks
I am not sure I understand what you are saying. But before you get flamed (and correctly so) by everyone, I just have one advice for you: "What goes around comes around".
Never, never ever do anything in life that will come back to haunt you. Dishonesty can only go so far...
Good luck.
Thanks,
Jayant
more...
nousername
11-20 09:05 PM
Sorry to hear about your situation.. Your husbands b***s should be chopped for physically abusing you..
I'm not sure where you are based or which country you originally belong to but like in SF Bay Area (California) there is Indian Community Center which on Sunday's offer free legal advice. Here is the link Free Legal Clinic | Indiacc Home (http://www.indiacc.org/legal_clinic)
You might have something like this around you live..
Good luck.
Help!
I divorced my husband after 14 months of marriage. I have a green card with conditional residency (the I-751 90 day 'window' to remove conditions starts Sept 2010). My husband was abusive mentally and physically, I have no contact with him.
I cannot prove the abuse definitively as I covered it up at the time (no photos or police reports, only my testimony and perhaps that of the counselors we saw together). The advice I have received on how to proceed has been conflicting; some say wait and apply during the 90 day window to remove the conditions and it MIGHT be ok; some say I need to file now and prove the abuse.
I have no money for a lawyer as my husband also stole most of my money and I just got laid off as well. Any ideas?!? Does anyone know if it is riskier to try and prove the abuse or how hard that is and if I'm more likely to lose my green card that way? Is there any way at all do to this without thousands to spend on a lawyer?
Many thanks in advance for all help and advice.
P.S. I've tried the local bar association, legal aid and a thousand other options, all of which have either been dead-ends or given me yet more conflicting info.
I'm not sure where you are based or which country you originally belong to but like in SF Bay Area (California) there is Indian Community Center which on Sunday's offer free legal advice. Here is the link Free Legal Clinic | Indiacc Home (http://www.indiacc.org/legal_clinic)
You might have something like this around you live..
Good luck.
Help!
I divorced my husband after 14 months of marriage. I have a green card with conditional residency (the I-751 90 day 'window' to remove conditions starts Sept 2010). My husband was abusive mentally and physically, I have no contact with him.
I cannot prove the abuse definitively as I covered it up at the time (no photos or police reports, only my testimony and perhaps that of the counselors we saw together). The advice I have received on how to proceed has been conflicting; some say wait and apply during the 90 day window to remove the conditions and it MIGHT be ok; some say I need to file now and prove the abuse.
I have no money for a lawyer as my husband also stole most of my money and I just got laid off as well. Any ideas?!? Does anyone know if it is riskier to try and prove the abuse or how hard that is and if I'm more likely to lose my green card that way? Is there any way at all do to this without thousands to spend on a lawyer?
Many thanks in advance for all help and advice.
P.S. I've tried the local bar association, legal aid and a thousand other options, all of which have either been dead-ends or given me yet more conflicting info.

GC9180
06-19 05:29 PM
Most medical centres/DRs are ripping off $$ on medical examination.
How to avoid/escape most of the cost..I just paid $200
First know about medical examination, as to whats done..
At any medical centre the basic cost should be around $185 - $200 (based on in/out of edison area)
- $185 Dr. Gita Dalal, U.S. Healthworks. 16 Ethel Road, Edison, NJ 08817 - (732) 248-0088
- $200 Dr. David Rizzo, Union Family Medicine. 2300 Vauxhall Road, Union, NJ 07093 - (908) 688-4424 **WALK-IN 9-6pm***
Basic should include
1) blood work to test HIV & ppr(forgot name)
Note #1) this blood work does not check for MMR, Vericella, Tetanus
Note #2) No blood can check if one needs vaccination for Tetanus. Only MMR (measles - mums - rebella) and Vericella can be checked thru blood work, if a person needs it or not. Again i repeat the blood work done for medical test does not check for MMR or Vericella
Note #3) Vericella is nothing but chickenpox vaccine. Do not get confused
Note #4) Good medical centres (who do not rip off, like the two clinics i noted) just ask for proof (vaccination record) for the above three vaccines.
Note #5) Some say vericella not need bcoz of age like 35+, but immigration needs it
2) Skin test (PPD) for TB. Once given revisit after 48-72 hrs. If result is +ve, do X-ray which is additional $50
3) Paper work in sealed envelope.
Note #1) ask for a copy and check if everything is checked, signed etc..., also fax/scan to lawyer so that he can check to if everything is correct. If any errors get it corrected from the medical center.
I felt these centers are ripping off
# Dr. Magdy Shenouda, Wellness Center
1706 Corlies Avenue, Second Floor, Neptune, NJ 07753 (732) 775-4138
$340.00 basic
# Dr. Seymour Wexler 999 Raritan Road, Clark, NJ 07066 (732) 381-3740
$325.00 basic
# Dr. Joseph Arno, Williamsburg Commons 10 Auer Court, East Brunswick, NJ 08816 (732) 390-8888
390.00 includ vac (forced to take vaccine)
also 1080 stelton road, edison,nj
HOW TO AVOID VACCINATION COST?
It depends on your insurance plan
I got Horizon BCBS of NJ - HMO. according to plan i can get vaccination from primary care physician - no charges. The process is Dr does blood work to check if one is immune to MMR and vericella. eg. if blood work says the person is immune to MMR not Vericella, then the Dr gives vaccine for vericella and not MMR. The note from Dr would say MMR not need and vericella was given. Regd Tetanus, Dr gave me the shot as i did not have record to prove it was given earlier ...nor blood work can prove if one needs it or not.
Blood work takes 2-3 days.
Note: you need not have vaccination record at time of medical examination. I told the above two mentioned clinics that i will bring it (vacition record/report) later from Dr...they agreed. Remember till you show them they are not going to give you your report.
I felt $185-$200 reasonable around edison,NJ bcoz thats the lowest rate i got for basic(blood work,skin/TB test,report) without vaccination + they agreed if you have vaccination record that would be sufficient.
So if you have plan which covers vaccination + a clinic which takes your vaccination proof/record...then your cost is just $200 ONLY or max $250 (if need XRAY for TB)
Hope the above helps...
regards
NOTE: correct me if i got anything WRONG...thanks
How to avoid/escape most of the cost..I just paid $200
First know about medical examination, as to whats done..
At any medical centre the basic cost should be around $185 - $200 (based on in/out of edison area)
- $185 Dr. Gita Dalal, U.S. Healthworks. 16 Ethel Road, Edison, NJ 08817 - (732) 248-0088
- $200 Dr. David Rizzo, Union Family Medicine. 2300 Vauxhall Road, Union, NJ 07093 - (908) 688-4424 **WALK-IN 9-6pm***
Basic should include
1) blood work to test HIV & ppr(forgot name)
Note #1) this blood work does not check for MMR, Vericella, Tetanus
Note #2) No blood can check if one needs vaccination for Tetanus. Only MMR (measles - mums - rebella) and Vericella can be checked thru blood work, if a person needs it or not. Again i repeat the blood work done for medical test does not check for MMR or Vericella
Note #3) Vericella is nothing but chickenpox vaccine. Do not get confused
Note #4) Good medical centres (who do not rip off, like the two clinics i noted) just ask for proof (vaccination record) for the above three vaccines.
Note #5) Some say vericella not need bcoz of age like 35+, but immigration needs it
2) Skin test (PPD) for TB. Once given revisit after 48-72 hrs. If result is +ve, do X-ray which is additional $50
3) Paper work in sealed envelope.
Note #1) ask for a copy and check if everything is checked, signed etc..., also fax/scan to lawyer so that he can check to if everything is correct. If any errors get it corrected from the medical center.
I felt these centers are ripping off
# Dr. Magdy Shenouda, Wellness Center
1706 Corlies Avenue, Second Floor, Neptune, NJ 07753 (732) 775-4138
$340.00 basic
# Dr. Seymour Wexler 999 Raritan Road, Clark, NJ 07066 (732) 381-3740
$325.00 basic
# Dr. Joseph Arno, Williamsburg Commons 10 Auer Court, East Brunswick, NJ 08816 (732) 390-8888
390.00 includ vac (forced to take vaccine)
also 1080 stelton road, edison,nj
HOW TO AVOID VACCINATION COST?
It depends on your insurance plan
I got Horizon BCBS of NJ - HMO. according to plan i can get vaccination from primary care physician - no charges. The process is Dr does blood work to check if one is immune to MMR and vericella. eg. if blood work says the person is immune to MMR not Vericella, then the Dr gives vaccine for vericella and not MMR. The note from Dr would say MMR not need and vericella was given. Regd Tetanus, Dr gave me the shot as i did not have record to prove it was given earlier ...nor blood work can prove if one needs it or not.
Blood work takes 2-3 days.
Note: you need not have vaccination record at time of medical examination. I told the above two mentioned clinics that i will bring it (vacition record/report) later from Dr...they agreed. Remember till you show them they are not going to give you your report.
I felt $185-$200 reasonable around edison,NJ bcoz thats the lowest rate i got for basic(blood work,skin/TB test,report) without vaccination + they agreed if you have vaccination record that would be sufficient.
So if you have plan which covers vaccination + a clinic which takes your vaccination proof/record...then your cost is just $200 ONLY or max $250 (if need XRAY for TB)
Hope the above helps...
regards
NOTE: correct me if i got anything WRONG...thanks
more...
ganguteli
04-23 01:16 PM
I know it is a loss in priority date. But my point is: "does fighting with the lawyer, give him his time back?" In fact by that he is loosing his valuable time and energy further.
If there is "ANY" method to get his "LC" approved with the same priority date, I totally agree he should do that.
That is what I mean by "focus on your goal". If your goal is to fight with lawyer for a cause, just do it. You will at least feel happy that you did the right thing, whatever you felt right.
If a lawyer made the mistake and you complain, then at least you will save others like you. One should stop being selfish or scared.
Will you keep quiet if someone robs you or does you harm. Will you at that time think you will lose your time and energy if you report it to cops?
I want to say that I have seen a lot of people blaming lawyers for their problems in immigration. This maybe false too. These lawyers are also doing their jobs. Just because you did not get a good service does not mean they maybe bad. Why did you choose them in the first place. You should have done your due homework first and if you were not satisfied you could have fired them too. And if they are bad, then go and complain to authorities. Do not be scared and listen to people who scare you. You live in a country that has laws and a system.
If there is "ANY" method to get his "LC" approved with the same priority date, I totally agree he should do that.
That is what I mean by "focus on your goal". If your goal is to fight with lawyer for a cause, just do it. You will at least feel happy that you did the right thing, whatever you felt right.
If a lawyer made the mistake and you complain, then at least you will save others like you. One should stop being selfish or scared.
Will you keep quiet if someone robs you or does you harm. Will you at that time think you will lose your time and energy if you report it to cops?
I want to say that I have seen a lot of people blaming lawyers for their problems in immigration. This maybe false too. These lawyers are also doing their jobs. Just because you did not get a good service does not mean they maybe bad. Why did you choose them in the first place. You should have done your due homework first and if you were not satisfied you could have fired them too. And if they are bad, then go and complain to authorities. Do not be scared and listen to people who scare you. You live in a country that has laws and a system.

abhisam
07-09 12:22 PM
If you don't get your EAD renewal card you should stop working. Because it is illegal.
I understand that and have no problem in taking a gap for few days. So all I need to do is ask my employer not to pay me for the period? Will that be enough for uscis and IRA?
I understand that and have no problem in taking a gap for few days. So all I need to do is ask my employer not to pay me for the period? Will that be enough for uscis and IRA?
more...
shalinip
03-17 12:41 PM
Need help- EB1 EA 140/485 petitions denied - how to maintain legal status
I am a research faculty in a top 25 university and my H1-B expires in Dec 2010. My concurrent self petitions of the EB1-EA of 140 and 485 were denied by TSC. I am waiting for the denial letter. My spouse is a permanent resident . What are my legal options to stay in the country?
Here is my petition break down
1-140 filed-May 2009
!-485 filed June 2009
EAD/AP Oct/Nov 2009
RFE on 140 -Feb 9 2010
Responded to RFE - Mar 11 2010
Denial posted on Mar 15.
Would filing the I-130 affect the refiling of I-140?
Appreciate inputs provided
I am a research faculty in a top 25 university and my H1-B expires in Dec 2010. My concurrent self petitions of the EB1-EA of 140 and 485 were denied by TSC. I am waiting for the denial letter. My spouse is a permanent resident . What are my legal options to stay in the country?
Here is my petition break down
1-140 filed-May 2009
!-485 filed June 2009
EAD/AP Oct/Nov 2009
RFE on 140 -Feb 9 2010
Responded to RFE - Mar 11 2010
Denial posted on Mar 15.
Would filing the I-130 affect the refiling of I-140?
Appreciate inputs provided
sam_hoosier
12-06 03:05 PM
This guy is from IIT which is at par with MIT, Cornell and other top notch technical schools so this pay package ($ 155k gross) is not surprising.
more...

loveiv
08-19 10:53 AM
Admin/Moderators and other distinguish members,
Can we use this site for networking and socializing with people in similar situation and/or sharing similar vocations....
This would mainly include invitation for a public gathering and encourage others to come forward. Examples of nature of such public gathering:
1. Say people in finance sector meet and exchange thoughts
2. Religious in nature but will not be solicitation.
3. General meeting etc...
What do people in this forum think?
Thanks
Sanjeev
I can see +ve in your thread, but some of us take advantages, for example amway is the best, and there are more.
Can we use this site for networking and socializing with people in similar situation and/or sharing similar vocations....
This would mainly include invitation for a public gathering and encourage others to come forward. Examples of nature of such public gathering:
1. Say people in finance sector meet and exchange thoughts
2. Religious in nature but will not be solicitation.
3. General meeting etc...
What do people in this forum think?
Thanks
Sanjeev
I can see +ve in your thread, but some of us take advantages, for example amway is the best, and there are more.
yagw
07-11 07:18 PM
Yes. I guess, I read it wrong. I'm surprised that USCIS has outsourced this work to companies like these trusting them blindly. I was of the impression that the attorney used some USCIS website to file for PERM labors. And what kinda stupid co. was this...TESTING against prod database? Scary :eek:
USCIS didn't outsource; at least not to LawLogix. They are independent SW makers, much like TurboTax from Intuit :)
USCIS didn't outsource; at least not to LawLogix. They are independent SW makers, much like TurboTax from Intuit :)
more...
Anders �stberg
May 2nd, 2005, 07:54 AM
Thanks Kevin! Trial and horror it is then . :-)
zCool
04-01 05:27 PM
"Bought" the labor?
So you broke the LAW..
And now you want to know how to break it further??
You are ignorant, and CRIMINAL!
Not to mention stupid!
Get the heck outta here..
So you broke the LAW..
And now you want to know how to break it further??
You are ignorant, and CRIMINAL!
Not to mention stupid!
Get the heck outta here..
more...
conchshell
07-30 12:39 PM
I know that in these situations patience is virtue, but somehow in last couple of weeks my stress level is going really high. I am heavily suffering from COLTS, and these type of events just freak me out!!
pa_arora
07-10 04:20 PM
India and China EB2 - 01OCT03
more...
reddy77
07-23 08:25 AM
Pittsburg ?? what state CA or PA ?? since there is no "h", I assume you are talking about pittsburg in CA ...
Hi Thanks for your inputs.
But both the employers are consultant.
One is in Fremont CA and other in Pittsburg. Both are offering almost same salary.
So which should be an better option, if they have a similar better client list?
Hi Thanks for your inputs.
But both the employers are consultant.
One is in Fremont CA and other in Pittsburg. Both are offering almost same salary.
So which should be an better option, if they have a similar better client list?
bytegame
07-17 04:14 PM
Instead of flowers, lets make IV strong by contributing more to it. The battle isn't over yet. We may still end up living rest of our lives on EADs and APs.
Again, pl. contribute!!
Again, pl. contribute!!
sabbygirl99
03-28 04:45 PM
You can't have an F1 AND an H1. So if she was on an F1, then that means she did not have an H1....which means she was not working....but employer still did this for her? It's all moot anyways - b/c no way would my employer do anything like this for me. They barely understand my situation.
A member posted that s/he did labor certification and I-140 on F1. I don't remember the name of the thread.
You can do labor certification without H1 as long as employer is willing.
A member posted that s/he did labor certification and I-140 on F1. I don't remember the name of the thread.
You can do labor certification without H1 as long as employer is willing.
singhsa3
10-22 09:05 AM
But I've got two A#s and so as my spouse...
I do not think so, even though you have two application , there will be only 1 A# for each applicant.
We got only 1 FP notice for each of us. Our case is slightly different. I filed for myself and my wife. My wife filed for herself.
We did not apply for EAD and AP, through my wife. I applied from my side for both of us.
I do not think so, even though you have two application , there will be only 1 A# for each applicant.
We got only 1 FP notice for each of us. Our case is slightly different. I filed for myself and my wife. My wife filed for herself.
We did not apply for EAD and AP, through my wife. I applied from my side for both of us.
Bpositive
12-08 10:19 PM
by the way, I forgot to mention that I was in India when my GC was adjudicated on Oct 22.
At the immigration POE, I told the officer that my GC was granted while I was away. They took me to a room, I waited for 10 minutes, they checked on their system and later told me that I'm good to enter on GC. I looked at my passport where they had canceled my H1 visa and stamped LPR on the immigration stamp which stands for Legal Permanent Resident.
So, no probs returning to the U.S. I even took the liberty to stand in the GC/ citizen Q at the airport :D
That's very useful feedback....appreciate it.
At the immigration POE, I told the officer that my GC was granted while I was away. They took me to a room, I waited for 10 minutes, they checked on their system and later told me that I'm good to enter on GC. I looked at my passport where they had canceled my H1 visa and stamped LPR on the immigration stamp which stands for Legal Permanent Resident.
So, no probs returning to the U.S. I even took the liberty to stand in the GC/ citizen Q at the airport :D
That's very useful feedback....appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment