pointlesswait
03-13 09:26 AM
its back to the same question: IS MBA worth the time and money!
facing stagnation ..in our eternal wait for GC...what are the risks of not pursuing an MBA in you want to further or change ur career later on!
its not all bad to pursue PT..provided u make the right concentration choice!
There are success and failues in Pt programs! My friend got his MBA (PT) from UIC ..nowhere in any list..;-)...and landed a job as a director of IT for a consulting firm...his benefits and all tops 180K..now..its up to you to figure out how big a paycheck makes you a happy man.;-)
There will always be the traditionalists who believe Old school MBA is the best!..but..how many desis have the luxury of stopping work and going FT.
both arguments are valid....but to succeed in PT..go by ur gut ..
duniya ..hope par chalithi hai.;)
my 2 cents!
facing stagnation ..in our eternal wait for GC...what are the risks of not pursuing an MBA in you want to further or change ur career later on!
its not all bad to pursue PT..provided u make the right concentration choice!
There are success and failues in Pt programs! My friend got his MBA (PT) from UIC ..nowhere in any list..;-)...and landed a job as a director of IT for a consulting firm...his benefits and all tops 180K..now..its up to you to figure out how big a paycheck makes you a happy man.;-)
There will always be the traditionalists who believe Old school MBA is the best!..but..how many desis have the luxury of stopping work and going FT.
both arguments are valid....but to succeed in PT..go by ur gut ..
duniya ..hope par chalithi hai.;)
my 2 cents!
logiclife
07-13 11:49 AM
IMMIGRATION VOICE ACTION ALERT: 7/11/2007.
Dear Members:
Immigration Voice is organizing its first peaceful protest rally in San Jose, CA on July 14th in order to protest the broken system of legal high-skills immigration. This protest march is being organized to oppose the enormous visas backlogs in the employment based immigration system. This protest march is also intended to oppose the recent decision of USCIS to block the adjustment of status petitions in July resulting from an unprecedented out-of-order reversal on the part of DOS and USCIS.
Please join this rally in huge numbers to create more awareness in the Media, Congress and the Administration. We are already getting attention of Congress and the Administration due to recently published articles on the flower campaign in New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/11/us/11visa.html) and Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/10/AR2007071002055.html) on July 11th. If you cannot join but if you know someone who lives in San Jose area and who doesn’t know about this effort, please ask him or her to join this rally. More numbers will get us more media coverage and more attention to this issue.
This rally has the potential to bring our issue to the attention of everyone, including the Silicon Valley tech employers who have a stake in the morale and productivity of the hi-tech foreign employees in their companies and their backlogged immigration.
EVENT:
Peaceful protest march by Legal Immigrants in San Jose, CA.
LOCATION:
The New City Hall
200 E Santa Clara St
San Jose, CA 95113
DATE:
Saturday July 14, 2007
TIME:
11:00 am To 2:30 pm
ORIGIN, DESTINATION, ROUTE & PARKING DETAILS:
11:00 AM: Meet at San Jose City Hall at 200 E Santa Clara St.
PARKING: (Free weekend parking in the 4th St. garage on 44 South Fourth St., & San Fernando St. across from the MLK Jr library; For other free parking areas in downtown San Jose see: http://www.sjdowntownparking.com/free_parking.php (http://www.sjdowntownparking.com/free_parking.php) )
1) 11:30 AM: Go to the square in front of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library (150 E San Fernando St).
2) 12:30 PM: Walk towards 635 N 1st St through S 4th St, E San Carlos St, Market Street and N 1st Street.
3) 1:15 PM: Arrive at 635 N 1st St and stay till 2:00 PM
4) 2:30 PM: back to City Hall
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
1) Abide by the laws.
2) Stay on sidewalks.
3) Follow traffic rules, show courtesy to other pedestrians.
4) Do not block building entrances.
5) Dress Professionally. No shorts or Bermudas. Wear formal dress clothes, semi-casual or business-casual.
WHAT TO BRING:
Plenty of water, snacks and sun block (if needed).
BANNERS AND SIGNS:
Do not bring your own signs. We will have banners and signs ready for you.
FOR DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO THE NEW CITY HALL IN SAN JOSE, SEE BELOW:
http://www.sanjoseca.gov/newCityHall/gettingThere.asp (http://www.sanjoseca.gov/newCityHall/gettingThere.asp)
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Event leaders or organizers take no responsibility and will not be held responsible for any injuries or accidents that may occur during the posted events. It is your responsibility to abide by law. By joining this event, you are taking responsibility for your own safety and well-being.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards,
Immigration Voice Core Team.
Dear Members:
Immigration Voice is organizing its first peaceful protest rally in San Jose, CA on July 14th in order to protest the broken system of legal high-skills immigration. This protest march is being organized to oppose the enormous visas backlogs in the employment based immigration system. This protest march is also intended to oppose the recent decision of USCIS to block the adjustment of status petitions in July resulting from an unprecedented out-of-order reversal on the part of DOS and USCIS.
Please join this rally in huge numbers to create more awareness in the Media, Congress and the Administration. We are already getting attention of Congress and the Administration due to recently published articles on the flower campaign in New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/11/us/11visa.html) and Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/10/AR2007071002055.html) on July 11th. If you cannot join but if you know someone who lives in San Jose area and who doesn’t know about this effort, please ask him or her to join this rally. More numbers will get us more media coverage and more attention to this issue.
This rally has the potential to bring our issue to the attention of everyone, including the Silicon Valley tech employers who have a stake in the morale and productivity of the hi-tech foreign employees in their companies and their backlogged immigration.
EVENT:
Peaceful protest march by Legal Immigrants in San Jose, CA.
LOCATION:
The New City Hall
200 E Santa Clara St
San Jose, CA 95113
DATE:
Saturday July 14, 2007
TIME:
11:00 am To 2:30 pm
ORIGIN, DESTINATION, ROUTE & PARKING DETAILS:
11:00 AM: Meet at San Jose City Hall at 200 E Santa Clara St.
PARKING: (Free weekend parking in the 4th St. garage on 44 South Fourth St., & San Fernando St. across from the MLK Jr library; For other free parking areas in downtown San Jose see: http://www.sjdowntownparking.com/free_parking.php (http://www.sjdowntownparking.com/free_parking.php) )
1) 11:30 AM: Go to the square in front of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library (150 E San Fernando St).
2) 12:30 PM: Walk towards 635 N 1st St through S 4th St, E San Carlos St, Market Street and N 1st Street.
3) 1:15 PM: Arrive at 635 N 1st St and stay till 2:00 PM
4) 2:30 PM: back to City Hall
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
1) Abide by the laws.
2) Stay on sidewalks.
3) Follow traffic rules, show courtesy to other pedestrians.
4) Do not block building entrances.
5) Dress Professionally. No shorts or Bermudas. Wear formal dress clothes, semi-casual or business-casual.
WHAT TO BRING:
Plenty of water, snacks and sun block (if needed).
BANNERS AND SIGNS:
Do not bring your own signs. We will have banners and signs ready for you.
FOR DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO THE NEW CITY HALL IN SAN JOSE, SEE BELOW:
http://www.sanjoseca.gov/newCityHall/gettingThere.asp (http://www.sanjoseca.gov/newCityHall/gettingThere.asp)
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: Event leaders or organizers take no responsibility and will not be held responsible for any injuries or accidents that may occur during the posted events. It is your responsibility to abide by law. By joining this event, you are taking responsibility for your own safety and well-being.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards,
Immigration Voice Core Team.
GCWhru
12-01 09:48 AM
I believe no group is formed for TN. I am requesting people to reply so that we can count and form something.
Thanks
Thanks
jliechty
November 17th, 2004, 02:55 PM
My first advice would be to bump up the ISO for indoor shots, so the shutter speed will be faster and you will be able to avoid blurred movement. In full auto mode, cameras may not increase the ISO above some unreasonably low number, like 400. Try going to a mode that lets you pick the ISO (program?) and set it to 1600 (with a DSLR the noise will be much less than 1600 ISO film grain, so don't be afraid to experiment).
Not knowing about the automatic metering systems on modern cameras, I'm not able to analyze what might be throwing off the meter to cause it to underexpose, so I'll leave that up to our resident DSLR gurus. ;)
Not knowing about the automatic metering systems on modern cameras, I'm not able to analyze what might be throwing off the meter to cause it to underexpose, so I'll leave that up to our resident DSLR gurus. ;)
more...
gc_kaavaali
06-27 02:20 PM
Can you please provide below details
when did u file for your EAD renewal? Is it e-file or paper based file? what is the service center?
Just got �Card Production Ordered� LUD for EAD for both myself and my wife. Wish it could have happened on the next working day, which is Monday - June 30th, we could have got 2 year EAD, unlucky!!!
when did u file for your EAD renewal? Is it e-file or paper based file? what is the service center?
Just got �Card Production Ordered� LUD for EAD for both myself and my wife. Wish it could have happened on the next working day, which is Monday - June 30th, we could have got 2 year EAD, unlucky!!!
sriramkalyan
02-06 11:22 AM
So what ... r u scared ...you will be deported ...
more...
paulkurni
06-17 04:24 PM
I heard this from a Chinese friend once and believe its true to its extent. I think most of us, including me, come to this forum and either read the stuff about immigration or take out our frustration one way or another and the anger and frustration dies down there. I am sure IV core team is working day and night for the cause but they are limited with options. I believe the best way to create some gain is to do a collective non-violent rally throughout the nation. The way I see it if you dont make noise nothing gets done in this world. I have been here for almost 9+ years surviving f1,h1b and with very vague future ahead. Satyagraha was started by Gandhiji, and was followed by leaders throughout the world under Non-violence movements. As matter of fact even Obama advised it in the Cairo speech.
I understand that the cause is not as dire as in the other movements but we are here fighting for our freedom. This nation is built upon liberty and yet we are under agreed slavery for employers, which is somehow supported by the government. My point is if we really want to make a difference then we need to be collectively heard. What the worst could happen?
I understand that the cause is not as dire as in the other movements but we are here fighting for our freedom. This nation is built upon liberty and yet we are under agreed slavery for employers, which is somehow supported by the government. My point is if we really want to make a difference then we need to be collectively heard. What the worst could happen?
smiledentist
06-21 12:37 AM
I am a dentist in state of CA,and filed for EB2 green card.In April
2006 applied for my
PERM from MD Dental, a dental group with 5 offices and about 30
employs and owned by 2
partners.Also in April 2006 they applied for my H1b visa.Further PERM and H1b
both were approved
and in may 2006 I filed for I-140 from the same company.I-140 had a
RFE but was approved
in Feb 2007.Meanwhile in Oct 2006 both partners had a misunderstanding
and they split the
company into 2 companies with one partner getting 2 offices and the
other partner getting
3 offices.Originally my perm was filed from the MD dental Van-Nuys
office, which was
given to partner A who then told me to file for a new H1b as tax ID
number for the
employer has changed but my job location would not change.I filed for
a new H1 visa from
partner A which was also approved and started to work for him till Feb
2007.In feb 2007 I
found a new job again as a dentist with a different company and moved
to that company.I
am still in good contact with both partner A and partner B of the old
company.
My question is if I could file for I485 from MD dental which is
already split with
approved I140, or I could file it from partner A or partner B`s new
company showing
either of them as succesor of interest.Also can I invoke AC21 in 6 months and move to my current employer..
Please advice.
2006 applied for my
PERM from MD Dental, a dental group with 5 offices and about 30
employs and owned by 2
partners.Also in April 2006 they applied for my H1b visa.Further PERM and H1b
both were approved
and in may 2006 I filed for I-140 from the same company.I-140 had a
RFE but was approved
in Feb 2007.Meanwhile in Oct 2006 both partners had a misunderstanding
and they split the
company into 2 companies with one partner getting 2 offices and the
other partner getting
3 offices.Originally my perm was filed from the MD dental Van-Nuys
office, which was
given to partner A who then told me to file for a new H1b as tax ID
number for the
employer has changed but my job location would not change.I filed for
a new H1 visa from
partner A which was also approved and started to work for him till Feb
2007.In feb 2007 I
found a new job again as a dentist with a different company and moved
to that company.I
am still in good contact with both partner A and partner B of the old
company.
My question is if I could file for I485 from MD dental which is
already split with
approved I140, or I could file it from partner A or partner B`s new
company showing
either of them as succesor of interest.Also can I invoke AC21 in 6 months and move to my current employer..
Please advice.
more...

Gator
04-28 09:04 PM
Hi-
My H1-B expires in August 2011. My I-94 was stamped only until May 20, 2011 because my passport was expiring early. Now I have a new passport.
In March 2011, I also applied for a renewal of my Advance Parole(AP) and EAD and they are still pending approval.
I am planning on travelling to Canada next week by road(through Detroit) to get my I-94 renewed. So If I travel to Canada, will my AP application be considered abandoned?
Also, can I just cross into Canada by road, wait for a couple of hours and come back into the US to get a new I-94. I know usually you don't surrender your I-94 when visiting Canada for less of 30 days.
I am hoping I would be able tell the Canadian/US immigration officer that I need a new I-94 and hopefully surrender my older I-94 and get a new one when coming back in. Please let me know if thats not possible and I need to fly to Canada to get a new I-94.
Thanks
My H1-B expires in August 2011. My I-94 was stamped only until May 20, 2011 because my passport was expiring early. Now I have a new passport.
In March 2011, I also applied for a renewal of my Advance Parole(AP) and EAD and they are still pending approval.
I am planning on travelling to Canada next week by road(through Detroit) to get my I-94 renewed. So If I travel to Canada, will my AP application be considered abandoned?
Also, can I just cross into Canada by road, wait for a couple of hours and come back into the US to get a new I-94. I know usually you don't surrender your I-94 when visiting Canada for less of 30 days.
I am hoping I would be able tell the Canadian/US immigration officer that I need a new I-94 and hopefully surrender my older I-94 and get a new one when coming back in. Please let me know if thats not possible and I need to fly to Canada to get a new I-94.
Thanks
kshitijnt
04-26 03:40 PM
Thanks so much for the responses.
I have my receipt number. And I am trying to get a hod of my case folder from th company lawyer.
"As such you do not need H1 due to new rule on OPT, however; you need to check if the H1 was applied for change of status? If it is a change of status application, you need to probably inform USCIS that you will not be changing status to H1."
Is there any way I can check if th H1 was applied for change of status without information from the company lawyer?
Thanks again.
The change of status would have been effective in october. You do not need to inform USCIS until september. As a matter for your benefit, avoid it telling to USCIS until september. Check with previous company's lawyer if they applied change in status. The attorney will tell you that. I-94 that comes with H1 status change, and is your property and you can demand that from the company. If they do not cooperate, inform USCIS anyway.
I have my receipt number. And I am trying to get a hod of my case folder from th company lawyer.
"As such you do not need H1 due to new rule on OPT, however; you need to check if the H1 was applied for change of status? If it is a change of status application, you need to probably inform USCIS that you will not be changing status to H1."
Is there any way I can check if th H1 was applied for change of status without information from the company lawyer?
Thanks again.
The change of status would have been effective in october. You do not need to inform USCIS until september. As a matter for your benefit, avoid it telling to USCIS until september. Check with previous company's lawyer if they applied change in status. The attorney will tell you that. I-94 that comes with H1 status change, and is your property and you can demand that from the company. If they do not cooperate, inform USCIS anyway.
more...
vivache
11-02 04:27 PM
Thanks for all the responses.
I had used a lawyer named Arjun Verma previous, based in San Jose. He charged a nominal 50$ for an hr.
I had used a lawyer named Arjun Verma previous, based in San Jose. He charged a nominal 50$ for an hr.
lazycis
01-11 11:45 AM
Yes. I will look into local and state chapter over the weekend. Thanks. If I have to go down, will go with a fight.
How long is your I-485 pending? Ever thought about suing the USCIS? This is still the country of law.
How long is your I-485 pending? Ever thought about suing the USCIS? This is still the country of law.
more...
ayumilove
01-20 05:12 AM
kinda weird, I have glitched with this, when I move my mouse cursor over it fast, it works for a moment, then when I move slowly, the circles does not move.
zoozee
06-11 04:18 PM
Does anyone out there knows when is the next visa bulletin,I mean with the date the bulletin will be released?
Zee.
Zee.
more...
malibuguy007
10-01 10:48 PM
Just thought I would share this with you guys. In the US a total of $306 billion were contributed to charity last year and here we are having trouble raising money for our own good - donations that would have a direct impact!!
http://www.aafrc.org/press_releases/releases/20080622.html
http://www.aafrc.org/press_releases/releases/20080622.html
guitarbam
01-24 08:17 AM
I just got my Labor approved a couple week ago and now i want to file I-140 premium processing. But my lawyer's not allow me to do that coz once my I-140 approve i can't file my 8 th year extension. My 7th years H1B will expire on Aug 30, 2007.
I'm very confused now, on my understanding once i get my I-140 approve, i'm eligible to get my H1B 3 years extension.
FYI: i chose CP opotion, is that make me not eligible to get my H1B extension once my I-140 approve?
Please help and Big thanks
I'm very confused now, on my understanding once i get my I-140 approve, i'm eligible to get my H1B 3 years extension.
FYI: i chose CP opotion, is that make me not eligible to get my H1B extension once my I-140 approve?
Please help and Big thanks
more...
sankap
07-20 03:25 PM
Thanks!

Googler
07-18 12:25 AM
Let us give our leaders a break for now. Let us focus on filing the apps ASAP. IV core has been working on these issues for a long time. Let us knock one wicket at a time.
Superdude and others -- momentum does not stick around -- acting before the bureaucratic mumbo jumbo starts is pretty important. While the Emilio Gonzalez and Co are still feeling the heat, while Lofgren and Co remember why this happened in the first place, before Numbersusa and Co get their story together even on this issue. The attention span of Congress, the attention span of the press is very very short.
To be completely frank, EADs and APs are crumbs -- crumbs we will all be eating for years as we wait for our green cards.
Superdude and others -- momentum does not stick around -- acting before the bureaucratic mumbo jumbo starts is pretty important. While the Emilio Gonzalez and Co are still feeling the heat, while Lofgren and Co remember why this happened in the first place, before Numbersusa and Co get their story together even on this issue. The attention span of Congress, the attention span of the press is very very short.
To be completely frank, EADs and APs are crumbs -- crumbs we will all be eating for years as we wait for our green cards.

ImmiLosers
03-11 07:56 PM
To my best knowledge the PD is set at the I-140 stage. As a matter of fact, there's a field in the administrative part of that form where the PD is stated. Short of saying that it wouldn't be possible to claim an earlier PD at the I-485 stage I would assume that your lawyer should jump much more loops to get you an earlier PD then.
Thank you all for your response. As per him ( my attorney) - you apply for I-485 with the new I-140. Provide reference to earlier PD as reason for your application. He provided the following text from the USCIS's I-140/I-485 adjudication document.
If an alien is the beneficiary of two (or more) approved employment-based immigrant visa petitions, the priority of the earlier petition may be applied to all subsequently-filed employment-based petitions. For example:
Company A files a labor certification request on behalf of an alien ("Joe") as a janitor on January 10, 2003. The DOL issues the certification on March 20, 2003. Company A later files, and USCIS approves, a relating I-140 visa petition under the EB-3 category. On July 15, 2003, Joe files a second I-140 visa petition in his own behalf as a rocket scientist under the EB-1 category, which USCIS approves. Joe is entitled to use the January 10, 2003, priority date to apply for adjustment under either the EB-1 or the EB-3 classification
ANYBODY HAS A DOCUMENT COUNTERING IT ( STATING IT CAN NOT BE DONE AT I-485 OR IT MUST BE DONE AT I-140). PLEASE PROVIDE LINKS OR REFERENCES. SORRY FOR THE URGENCY.
Thank you all for your response. As per him ( my attorney) - you apply for I-485 with the new I-140. Provide reference to earlier PD as reason for your application. He provided the following text from the USCIS's I-140/I-485 adjudication document.
If an alien is the beneficiary of two (or more) approved employment-based immigrant visa petitions, the priority of the earlier petition may be applied to all subsequently-filed employment-based petitions. For example:
Company A files a labor certification request on behalf of an alien ("Joe") as a janitor on January 10, 2003. The DOL issues the certification on March 20, 2003. Company A later files, and USCIS approves, a relating I-140 visa petition under the EB-3 category. On July 15, 2003, Joe files a second I-140 visa petition in his own behalf as a rocket scientist under the EB-1 category, which USCIS approves. Joe is entitled to use the January 10, 2003, priority date to apply for adjustment under either the EB-1 or the EB-3 classification
ANYBODY HAS A DOCUMENT COUNTERING IT ( STATING IT CAN NOT BE DONE AT I-485 OR IT MUST BE DONE AT I-140). PLEASE PROVIDE LINKS OR REFERENCES. SORRY FOR THE URGENCY.
senk1s
04-16 04:33 PM
earliest is 120 days from expiration
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=d502194d3e88d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=1847c9ee2f82b010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=d502194d3e88d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=1847c9ee2f82b010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD
USDream2Dust
06-14 11:08 AM
Thanks for quick reply. I know that company can rent out but I am just betting for 1 year. That would give me some boost to pay part of mortgage. Later I would even manage on my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment