Latino
Jun 29, 06:42 PM
Hey, I'm in the same boat here
Recently bought an iBook, and although I love it, I hate the keyboard layout (supposed to be UK layout). It's not so much a problem per se, as I quickly adapt to new things. The biggest problem is that at work I have to use a windows PC, and I keep getting the keys wrong all the time!!!
The \ in my ibook is next to the return key, and next to the left shift on the pc at work. I can't tell you guys how many times I've typed # at work, expecting a \ (next to return is the # on a pc), or how many times I've typed ` expecting a \ on my ibook.
It's really getting on my nerves!!!
Now, here is a question for you all. When I'm at home, I don't mind using an external PC keyboard (i have a cordless logitech keyb/mouse thang). Is there any way I can remap the keys so that when I have the external keyboard, everything is where a PC would find it? ie, \ next to the left shift, # next to the return key, etc...
Thanks
Recently bought an iBook, and although I love it, I hate the keyboard layout (supposed to be UK layout). It's not so much a problem per se, as I quickly adapt to new things. The biggest problem is that at work I have to use a windows PC, and I keep getting the keys wrong all the time!!!
The \ in my ibook is next to the return key, and next to the left shift on the pc at work. I can't tell you guys how many times I've typed # at work, expecting a \ (next to return is the # on a pc), or how many times I've typed ` expecting a \ on my ibook.
It's really getting on my nerves!!!
Now, here is a question for you all. When I'm at home, I don't mind using an external PC keyboard (i have a cordless logitech keyb/mouse thang). Is there any way I can remap the keys so that when I have the external keyboard, everything is where a PC would find it? ie, \ next to the left shift, # next to the return key, etc...
Thanks
trigonometry
Feb 19, 07:13 PM
False alarm.
jknight8907
Dec 26, 09:15 PM
Heat in my house, and warm clothes for work.
Chris14
Mar 17, 04:28 PM
Throw some games in the hat please guys!
I'm looking for a game to play under windows on my machine (see sig)
What are you all playing at the moment?
I'm looking for a game to play under windows on my machine (see sig)
What are you all playing at the moment?
more...
philipma1957
Apr 7, 09:31 PM
use super duper and clone a bootable copy to the external hdd.
free mac clone program below
http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html

with Diamond Studs ~
more...

Diamond Studs

those chic diamond studs?
more...

Yellow Gold Diamond Studs

diamond studs designs,
more...

a cheap diamond studs does

diamond studs guys.
more...

Cut Diamond Earring Studs

Round Pave Diamond Studs,
more...

Crystal Diamond Studs

diamond studs(United
more...

Black Diamond Studs.

Black Diamond Studs.

DIAMOND STUDS EARRING post
free mac clone program below
http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/SuperDuperDescription.html
FredAkbar
Jul 12, 01:56 PM
[edit: looks like bwawn beat me to it, and his way of doing it is probably better unless you have Terminal-ophobia ;)]
Firstly (and obviously) make sure Classic isn't running.
Also, did you try logging in as root? If you don't have a root account, it's pretty simple to create one using NetInfo Manager (in your Applications-->Utilities folder).
If you got your Mac in 2002 or earlier, you can start up from an OS 9 CD, and I'm pretty sure you could delete the 9 system folder from there, without having to deal with OS X permissions and such.
Good luck.
--Fred
Firstly (and obviously) make sure Classic isn't running.
Also, did you try logging in as root? If you don't have a root account, it's pretty simple to create one using NetInfo Manager (in your Applications-->Utilities folder).
If you got your Mac in 2002 or earlier, you can start up from an OS 9 CD, and I'm pretty sure you could delete the 9 system folder from there, without having to deal with OS X permissions and such.
Good luck.
--Fred
more...
Eniregnat
Sep 26, 01:24 PM
My little 1gb shuffle works great as a key and as a place for music. I store my important documents, my software keys, a copy of my encryption/decryption software for my keys, and I still have room for music and audio books.
WardC
Apr 12, 08:39 PM
Well, the time has come, I thought I would share some photos of my Mac Portables with you. I have two Portables, a M5120 and an M5126 with the backlit display. Both have rebuilt batteries, and function flawlessly. I have posted 14 photos (1-9 of the M5126) (10-14 of the M5120). Enjoy!!
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable1.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable2.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable3.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable4.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable5.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable6.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable7.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable8.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable9.jpg
And now the M5120 (no backlight):
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable10.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable11.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable12.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable13.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable14.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable1.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable2.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable3.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable4.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable5.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable6.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable7.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable8.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable9.jpg
And now the M5120 (no backlight):
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable10.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable11.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable12.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable13.jpg
http://www.wardcurry.com/portable/portable14.jpg
more...
dantiston
Apr 12, 11:33 AM
The server is behind our primary router and on our primary network. I sometimes use another computer on the same network, and sometimes use the server's own GUI to do tasks. Typically when I need to change something on the server from outside the network, I'll use screen sharing rather than remote server admin.
Bobby Corwen
Feb 22, 12:58 AM
I have tried to find it before and I remember glancing at it but does anyone know where the official list is where it states the benefits of specific rankings?
Its right here: http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:MacRumors_FAQ#How_do_user_titles_work.3F
Its right here: http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:MacRumors_FAQ#How_do_user_titles_work.3F
more...
b0blndsy
Dec 29, 10:03 AM
I love my iPad beyond belief, but buying another one (at least before the second gen comes out) is an epic waste of money.
I agree, I'll only buy the second if the first one gets stolen or damaged otherwise I am happy with it not matter what new features gets added in the later versions.
I agree, I'll only buy the second if the first one gets stolen or damaged otherwise I am happy with it not matter what new features gets added in the later versions.
hob
Oct 16, 06:57 PM
OK, hello all!
I made this iMac switcher ad in After Effects, just before the 24" iMac came out. I should probably update it!
The music is IZ-US by Aphex Twin from the Come to Daddy EP (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=74775601&s=143444).
Enjoy :)
I made this iMac switcher ad in After Effects, just before the 24" iMac came out. I should probably update it!
The music is IZ-US by Aphex Twin from the Come to Daddy EP (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=74775601&s=143444).
Enjoy :)
more...
hookem12387
Feb 29, 04:51 PM
sent you a pm to buy it right now, but I need to make sure you havent sold it before I actually send the money. Thanks. eagerly awaiting
OrangeSVTguy
Apr 3, 08:18 AM
I bought an ATI cooler for my 7800GT. NV silencer 5 rev. 3.
Here's my thread on it. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=966462
Here's my thread on it. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=966462
more...
celticpride678
Apr 24, 01:43 AM
Personally, I let the phone drop to 0% and then recharge it to 100%. You really don't HAVE to, but some recommend it.
When the iPhone reaches 100% charge, it will not accept any more - so, no, it's not bad to keep it plugged in.
When the iPhone reaches 100% charge, it will not accept any more - so, no, it's not bad to keep it plugged in.
rozwell
Nov 22, 03:16 PM
i have to ask... what is with the drop shadow? huge, obvious drop shadows are NOT good unless you are animating 3d objects or doing motion graphics... the big drop shadow is running rampant around the web attacking sites left and right... i say we start here and rise against the drop shadow.
beyond that, like other users said, your tech side is fine. as for visuals, others have pointed out the color issues.
as a general rule, to see what other designers are doing, check out design portals such as news today, design is kinky or k10k. there are tons out there and they show the best of the best digital artists.
beyond that, like other users said, your tech side is fine. as for visuals, others have pointed out the color issues.
as a general rule, to see what other designers are doing, check out design portals such as news today, design is kinky or k10k. there are tons out there and they show the best of the best digital artists.
more...
cameronbrown13
Apr 24, 01:25 AM
I just got the iPhone 4 for Verizon and I usually would let my phone die all the way and then charge it for 12 hours to get it completely charged. Is it the same for the iPhone 4 or does it not matter? If it does matter is it longer than 12 hours? Also, can leaving your phone plugged in when it is fully charged hurt it? Thanks!
iHerzeleid
Jun 20, 07:18 PM
WTS: MacBook Pro Core Duo/1.83Ghz/2 GB/120GB
Comes with some dents as you can see in the pics.
applecare is up march 26 2009.
only problem is that the battery has gone through a boatload of charges. it only lasts one hour.
850$
Comes with some dents as you can see in the pics.
applecare is up march 26 2009.
only problem is that the battery has gone through a boatload of charges. it only lasts one hour.
850$
mkrishnan
Feb 23, 11:58 AM
If you cd into the root of the volume, after you mount it, and then 'ls -la', do you get the same results (no items)?
miles01110
May 6, 11:27 AM
Depends on what you mean by "handle." It shouldn't be that hard to accept that in 2 years the video demands from gaming will probably be much greater than today.
daryliow
Jun 20, 04:37 AM
Any one from the Isle of Wight UK going to Newport on the 24th? If so what store will you be using?
dutchchilly
Apr 12, 02:34 AM
Hey what's up,
Sorry haven't had much time, started coding last night again.
Yes I think I have the total solution.
The first part, the masking, I've managed to recreate with a 'RenderMask' (CCRenderTexture). An example can be found here:
http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/forum/topic/8474
This works nicely. I'm keeping track of a "blastSprite" array wich I blend with the barrierSprite on the RenderLayer.
For the second part (the pixel detection -> transparent/color), I'm going to use a hack on CCTexture2d: CCTexture2dMutable. This is a extended class with a very fast 'pixelAt' function. Haven't had the time to test it, hopefully tomorrow.
Download incl. sample can be found here:
https://github.com/manucorporat/AWTextureFilter
Thanks for the effort guys. I'll show you a movie if I've got it all working :)
Sorry haven't had much time, started coding last night again.
Yes I think I have the total solution.
The first part, the masking, I've managed to recreate with a 'RenderMask' (CCRenderTexture). An example can be found here:
http://www.cocos2d-iphone.org/forum/topic/8474
This works nicely. I'm keeping track of a "blastSprite" array wich I blend with the barrierSprite on the RenderLayer.
For the second part (the pixel detection -> transparent/color), I'm going to use a hack on CCTexture2d: CCTexture2dMutable. This is a extended class with a very fast 'pixelAt' function. Haven't had the time to test it, hopefully tomorrow.
Download incl. sample can be found here:
https://github.com/manucorporat/AWTextureFilter
Thanks for the effort guys. I'll show you a movie if I've got it all working :)
teflon
Apr 20, 05:12 PM
I'm a first time renter, looking for an apartment/studio in Manhattan. I was hoping to not have to go through brokers and such and just use listings online. But now the more I look, the more I'm afraid I'm going to get scammed, even though rental scams seems to be relatively rare.
So there's this one listing, where the contact number for the person is a landline in Seattle. The listing is even a "featured listing" on the website. Another one's phone number is a landline in Syracuse. Is it possible that these people (I suppose they could be startup real estate agents) are doing business while they're not here? And what happens if I actually call? Also, there's a listing that has the phone number of a design company in New York.
Then there's this landlord/agent I've been corresponding to via email. This apartment has been listed at numerous rental websites (the free kind). And the person only has one listing. Which makes sense, since she says she owns the unit. Except she puts herself as part of a realty company, whose name starts with her last name.
The price is quite low for the area, but she did email me a rental application form. And at least her number is in New York.
She offers a discount if you pay 3 months upfront, more if you pay even more upfront. I was thinking of paying 3 month upfront, but I'm afraid that she's going to bail and disappear. Plus I'm not moving in until about 4 months later, so there's plenty of empty time in between that she can disappear on me.
So exactly what should I ask/do to make sure the listing/landlords are legit? And since I'm not moving in for months, should I wait until what, a week before moving in to pay them the security and rent?
So there's this one listing, where the contact number for the person is a landline in Seattle. The listing is even a "featured listing" on the website. Another one's phone number is a landline in Syracuse. Is it possible that these people (I suppose they could be startup real estate agents) are doing business while they're not here? And what happens if I actually call? Also, there's a listing that has the phone number of a design company in New York.
Then there's this landlord/agent I've been corresponding to via email. This apartment has been listed at numerous rental websites (the free kind). And the person only has one listing. Which makes sense, since she says she owns the unit. Except she puts herself as part of a realty company, whose name starts with her last name.
The price is quite low for the area, but she did email me a rental application form. And at least her number is in New York.
She offers a discount if you pay 3 months upfront, more if you pay even more upfront. I was thinking of paying 3 month upfront, but I'm afraid that she's going to bail and disappear. Plus I'm not moving in until about 4 months later, so there's plenty of empty time in between that she can disappear on me.
So exactly what should I ask/do to make sure the listing/landlords are legit? And since I'm not moving in for months, should I wait until what, a week before moving in to pay them the security and rent?
JasonR
Nov 8, 12:03 PM
You would trademark a logo and business name. If some one already has that trademark for the industry then you can't trademark it.
You can search active trademarks on the USPTO website.
You can search active trademarks on the USPTO website.
No comments:
Post a Comment