Billicus
Jul 9, 05:26 PM
I'd be cautious. Either the PB had a malufunction and doesn't work right or it's a scam. Although, I don't have much experience with eBay so it could be legit. Is there a way to track a persons buying/selling record?
Blue Velvet
Mar 30, 10:42 AM
BTW: The 1gb shuffle is UK�99.01 over here.
About US$186... :eek:
So that's why $30 seems fairly reasonable from a UK point of view.
Well... from my point of view anyway.
About US$186... :eek:
So that's why $30 seems fairly reasonable from a UK point of view.
Well... from my point of view anyway.
hotsnuglemonstr
Jun 23, 09:28 AM
I think I'll be there... no so bright but quite early.
mowogg
Jan 10, 09:07 PM
Hi all, I recently rebooted and have noticed a small blue "bubble" on my screen. It is transparent and turns opaque when you mouse over it. If you click on it, it activates the function usually assigned to the F10 key for Expose. I can move it around the screen like something from Konfabulator. I do have both Konfabulator and Growl installed, but they are both off right now.. and this thing still won't go away. Any help?
That's the "Expose Blob." Do you have Cocktail? If so, Cocktail can turn that on and off.
If you don't have Cocktail, download it. It's shareware and you can use it for free for this one time. The best thing to do would be to spend the $9.95 for it in case the blob ever comes back.
That's the "Expose Blob." Do you have Cocktail? If so, Cocktail can turn that on and off.
If you don't have Cocktail, download it. It's shareware and you can use it for free for this one time. The best thing to do would be to spend the $9.95 for it in case the blob ever comes back.
more...
jason2811
May 1, 01:05 AM
Can we some pics of white iPhones with cases on? I feel like most case colors would clash too much with the white color of the phone. Can people post pics of their new white phones with cases on?
alex_ant
Sep 12, 05:35 PM
Why are they going to such pains to AltiVec-ize everything?
And why did they discontinue Logic for x86?
I can't understand why they wouldn't opt for that Power4 variant (if the recent rumor is to believed, which I don't think it is). It seems like the perfect chip for Apple.
And why did they discontinue Logic for x86?
I can't understand why they wouldn't opt for that Power4 variant (if the recent rumor is to believed, which I don't think it is). It seems like the perfect chip for Apple.
more...
Consultant
May 3, 12:25 PM
Solution: download from here http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php
I wrote about the fail here: http://obamapacman.com/2011/05/fail-apple-itunes-mac-download-link-broken/
Update: I've tried OpenDNS and google DNS, flush cache, rebooted, still getting errors. But others are saying the Apple page is working for them.
I wrote about the fail here: http://obamapacman.com/2011/05/fail-apple-itunes-mac-download-link-broken/
Update: I've tried OpenDNS and google DNS, flush cache, rebooted, still getting errors. But others are saying the Apple page is working for them.

xFU3Lx
Dec 15, 05:46 PM
Are we talking Aluminium or Titanium here?Aluminum. And I got it last May, so its whatever Revision that is.
more...
Sydde
Feb 8, 07:00 PM
Now, can we teach wolves to bring down helicopters?
simsaladimbamba
Apr 7, 06:58 AM
Go into Windows Explorer and right click on the disk (if you mean the CD or DVD) and select "EJECT".
Btw, the OPTION key is not used to eject optical media from the ODD, the EJECT key on the top right of the keyboard is used for that.
Btw, the OPTION key is not used to eject optical media from the ODD, the EJECT key on the top right of the keyboard is used for that.
more...
emiljan
Apr 5, 04:24 PM
Are you looking for a text editor or a WYSIWYG editor? If you want a text editor then i would look at Coda (http://www.panic.com/coda/) or PHPStorm (http://www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/). Both are pretty powerful IDE's for web design.
malpas
Apr 15, 09:27 AM
Hi guys. I bought a 500GB time capsule today and i want to know if this is possible..
I want to be able to access it as an external network drive on both my 10.6 MBP(2010) and my G3 os x 10.2.
Obviously i couldnt use the time machine backup facility on the G3 but i would like to access the files and share between the two
Look forward to your replies
I want to be able to access it as an external network drive on both my 10.6 MBP(2010) and my G3 os x 10.2.
Obviously i couldnt use the time machine backup facility on the G3 but i would like to access the files and share between the two
Look forward to your replies
more...
iGary
Jun 12, 07:29 AM
Other World Computing - awesome supplier.
chrismacguy
Apr 28, 04:48 AM
Hi. I'm wondering if mixing and matching even Apple production apps affects their compatibility? Moving "up" to a Mac has been a bubble-buster since I discovered the dark side of legacy software and machines in an "upgraded to Intel" world.:mad:
I have a "Late '05" 2.3 dual core PPC 10.5.8 Leopard that came loaded from eBay with all the bells and whistles, assembled, apparently, from a grab bag and I have no disks for the uninstalling and reinstalling tricks.
FCP is version 5.0.4, Compressor is 2.0.1, Logic Studio is 8.0.1, iDVD is 7.0.4 and DVD Studio is 3.0.2. (Do all these fit together? Looks like a production suite made from the parts box. LOL!)
I have Toast 10 Titanium too.
The reason I mention that is, I'm having not only exporting problems with Compressor, quality problems exporting in Quicktime Conversion to AVI, but also burning issues with DVDs that won't play in the living room deck.
Compressor 2 gives me the now-famous Cannot Submit Batch message. I've tried all sorts of fixes -yes, even the Compressor Repair that's made for Compressor 3 and above. Again the legacy thing. After googling for more tricks, I have discovered Compressor 2's "preference file" is missing from Home>Library>Preferences. Hmmm. Maybe a new Compressor is in order? Which version should I install since I have all this mixed bag of wares?
So, Toast won't play, iDVD won't play, Compressor won't compress and AVI from Quicktime Conversion looks like crap. (I understand Toast 9 has good reports but since they "improved" it, I have no use for it. Again, the legacy.)
iDVD let me assemble and burn a DVD but it doesn't play properly. I made an .iso in there and burned it with Disk Utility. The deck plays the menu but I won't know anything else until I find the flippin' remote! That's something to remember though: burning in Disk Utility. That and finding the remote.
I can't even use DVD Studio until I figure out how to import and burn iDVD projects because of the issues between FCP and Compressor. So we're back to square one. FCP>Compressor won't work and it messes me up with FCP>DVDSP. Too bad. I like the Apple production apps but I'm about ready to jam CS4...
Right, well FCP 5 and Compressor 2 were shipped together AFAIK (My copy of STP 1, which was part of the same suite and shipped at the same time came with Compressor 2). iDVD and DVD Studio Pro are different products - again DVD Studio Pro 3 shipped with FCP 5 and Compressor 2 (DVD SP4 ships with FCP6/7 and Compressor 3/3.5) - Logic Studio should have no impact except instead of Soundtrack Pro 1, you should have Soundtrack Pro 2, which should still work "fine" - and iDVD 7.0.4 implies you have iLife installed, which shouldnt impact the pro Apps at all :) If you want to reinstall Compressor, you need Compressor 2 (I dont think Compressor comes with Logic Studio, but since Ive had both for so long Im not entirely sure), but the wares you have do all fit together (Final Cut Studio 1/Production Box, Logic Studio 8 and iLife).
I have a "Late '05" 2.3 dual core PPC 10.5.8 Leopard that came loaded from eBay with all the bells and whistles, assembled, apparently, from a grab bag and I have no disks for the uninstalling and reinstalling tricks.
FCP is version 5.0.4, Compressor is 2.0.1, Logic Studio is 8.0.1, iDVD is 7.0.4 and DVD Studio is 3.0.2. (Do all these fit together? Looks like a production suite made from the parts box. LOL!)
I have Toast 10 Titanium too.
The reason I mention that is, I'm having not only exporting problems with Compressor, quality problems exporting in Quicktime Conversion to AVI, but also burning issues with DVDs that won't play in the living room deck.
Compressor 2 gives me the now-famous Cannot Submit Batch message. I've tried all sorts of fixes -yes, even the Compressor Repair that's made for Compressor 3 and above. Again the legacy thing. After googling for more tricks, I have discovered Compressor 2's "preference file" is missing from Home>Library>Preferences. Hmmm. Maybe a new Compressor is in order? Which version should I install since I have all this mixed bag of wares?
So, Toast won't play, iDVD won't play, Compressor won't compress and AVI from Quicktime Conversion looks like crap. (I understand Toast 9 has good reports but since they "improved" it, I have no use for it. Again, the legacy.)
iDVD let me assemble and burn a DVD but it doesn't play properly. I made an .iso in there and burned it with Disk Utility. The deck plays the menu but I won't know anything else until I find the flippin' remote! That's something to remember though: burning in Disk Utility. That and finding the remote.
I can't even use DVD Studio until I figure out how to import and burn iDVD projects because of the issues between FCP and Compressor. So we're back to square one. FCP>Compressor won't work and it messes me up with FCP>DVDSP. Too bad. I like the Apple production apps but I'm about ready to jam CS4...
Right, well FCP 5 and Compressor 2 were shipped together AFAIK (My copy of STP 1, which was part of the same suite and shipped at the same time came with Compressor 2). iDVD and DVD Studio Pro are different products - again DVD Studio Pro 3 shipped with FCP 5 and Compressor 2 (DVD SP4 ships with FCP6/7 and Compressor 3/3.5) - Logic Studio should have no impact except instead of Soundtrack Pro 1, you should have Soundtrack Pro 2, which should still work "fine" - and iDVD 7.0.4 implies you have iLife installed, which shouldnt impact the pro Apps at all :) If you want to reinstall Compressor, you need Compressor 2 (I dont think Compressor comes with Logic Studio, but since Ive had both for so long Im not entirely sure), but the wares you have do all fit together (Final Cut Studio 1/Production Box, Logic Studio 8 and iLife).
more...
trekkie604
May 5, 04:10 AM
There should be a -1000 button for threads like these... Or - "Lowest Ranked".
Ommid
Apr 25, 10:36 AM
Get it under Edu discount, best saving.
more...
Hermes Monster
Jan 26, 03:03 AM
Not sure the sarcastic comments and put downs were required, I thought I made it quite clear I didn't know what I was doing, hence asking for advice. To reiterate my question and perhaps make it more clear - I was hoping someone might know of a online resource or book which would give guidance on what type of font works well in certain circumstances. Such a thing might not exist as it's such a broad area and very specific to each illustration or logo, but in the interests of self improvement I thought I would ask.
I'll try and upload some examples when I'm at my computer
I'll try and upload some examples when I'm at my computer

JPark
Feb 20, 05:52 PM
I already donated and came over to macrumors to plead his case. I'm glad you beat me to it.
Well... it WILL set a precedent and you will see apple going after jailbreakers... And they have MORE muscle than SONY.
Now.. on the other side...
If Geohot wants a donation... Jailbreak 4.3 untethered and you will get a handsome donation from me.
There is supposedly an untethered Jailbreak for 4.3 ready, but they generally wait until the actual release of an OS revision so that Apple doesn't patch whatever hole they're using. Wait to hold your breath until Apple releases the final rev of 4.3.
Well... it WILL set a precedent and you will see apple going after jailbreakers... And they have MORE muscle than SONY.
Now.. on the other side...
If Geohot wants a donation... Jailbreak 4.3 untethered and you will get a handsome donation from me.
There is supposedly an untethered Jailbreak for 4.3 ready, but they generally wait until the actual release of an OS revision so that Apple doesn't patch whatever hole they're using. Wait to hold your breath until Apple releases the final rev of 4.3.
Devil's Refugee
Jan 16, 05:14 AM
One of the other rumor sites (AppleInsider I think) was speculating that there could be a 'secret' announcement to be made today by Steve at the Final Cut Pro meeting.
PlaceofDis
Nov 28, 03:14 PM
i just got this phone, the battery life isnt all that great to be honest, i think the v180 is much better, unless you need to have a camera phone, if i had a chance to chose again i would go without the camera and get the v180, there really is no difference between the two besides black vs silver and battery life and a camera
besides the batt life, which isnt bad, it just could be better, i think its a great phone, a bit heavier than i expected, but i dont mind, and i like the speakerphone as well, works very good
besides the batt life, which isnt bad, it just could be better, i think its a great phone, a bit heavier than i expected, but i dont mind, and i like the speakerphone as well, works very good
blackcatgifts
Apr 11, 08:57 AM
Its obvious there are some problems with rapid weaver can anyone suggest anything else that would be suitable please for what I'm looking for.
What about sandvox? Would that be any better or worse than rapid weaver
What about sandvox? Would that be any better or worse than rapid weaver
iAmYou
May 1, 06:42 PM
Now that I have a great new white iPhone 4, I'm taking a wait and see approach.
It has nothing to do with the color, but rather how great this new model is.
Normally I trust Apple and pre order the moment they release each new iPhone. But after getting burned with Antennagate, I'm not taking the risk.
Another shocker is how many improvements the new white iP4 has. It's far and away the best of all smartphones.
The performance as a phone is wonderful. Loud and clear, it doesn't drop calls. So now that I have a great iPhone there's no reason to get iPhone 5.
I'm going to enjoy this one till iPhone 6.
You keep posting this drivel.
This is not a new iPhone only a new color.
There is nothing any more spectacular about it.
We black iPhone users have been using it for 10 months now.
It has nothing to do with the color, but rather how great this new model is.
Normally I trust Apple and pre order the moment they release each new iPhone. But after getting burned with Antennagate, I'm not taking the risk.
Another shocker is how many improvements the new white iP4 has. It's far and away the best of all smartphones.
The performance as a phone is wonderful. Loud and clear, it doesn't drop calls. So now that I have a great iPhone there's no reason to get iPhone 5.
I'm going to enjoy this one till iPhone 6.
You keep posting this drivel.
This is not a new iPhone only a new color.
There is nothing any more spectacular about it.
We black iPhone users have been using it for 10 months now.
PhoneyDeveloper
May 3, 10:21 AM
I'm not clear on your explanation. You should always have a property for IBOutlets. You should release the ivar related to the property in dealloc. You shouldn't add an extra release. Is this what you have?
szark
Dec 14, 06:16 PM
I'm still not sure if I can make it to MWSF, but if I do, I'll definitely be at the meetup.
No comments:
Post a Comment