amsgc
01-31 11:57 PM
I called the general customer service number - National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.
As I mentioned earlier, I did not go through with the options of sending the info. to the US consulate. But I will give it a try tomorrow. I don't know what you can do with that option (PIMS etc), but it is worthwhile to explore.
At what number did you call? Was it Kentucky Consular Center? Do you mean that we can have our information sent to PIMS system or consulate in India? In other words, does that say anything particularly about PIMS?
As I mentioned earlier, I did not go through with the options of sending the info. to the US consulate. But I will give it a try tomorrow. I don't know what you can do with that option (PIMS etc), but it is worthwhile to explore.
At what number did you call? Was it Kentucky Consular Center? Do you mean that we can have our information sent to PIMS system or consulate in India? In other words, does that say anything particularly about PIMS?
tessa james pics. Breeds amp; Tessa James
GC_1000Watt
10-12 05:24 PM
No offence dude. Take it easy. Thanks for sharing your experience. I guess US embassies in India are way strict than the one's in mexico and canada.
Btw I didn't deserved the red for my last post itsmeabby. Right?
Btw I didn't deserved the red for my last post itsmeabby. Right?
tessa james pics. away,gallery,tessa james,
GotGoose?
04-12 04:39 PM
Cool, thanks! :D
tessa james pics. away,gallery,tessa james,
CaliHoneB
09-21 10:58 AM
There may or maynot be Department of Labor involvement here but I think USCIS needs to help up more than anybody
After 7 + years of wait time I am thinking just sticking to the rules(or not using creating solutions like buying labor, porting etc not that I am judging any one) may not help me get GC in near future. Previously I thought may be it will take some extra years but ultimately I will get my GC but with latest USCIS misallocation of numbers for last year it seems getting my GC is simply a moving target.
I am proposing a solution which could be relatively easy but it does need help from USCIS and should not cause any major backlash (except from a few Eb2 folks). It is relatively easily implementable and I believe it is well inside current laws so nobody need not worry about breaking the law.
The solution is simple
Eb2 = B.S+ 5 years of experience or M.S degree
So the current Eb3 folks who accumulated 5 years experience since filing the LC are asked to apply for consideration of Eb2 category and USCIS has discretion over whether it can be granted (or LC is recertified as Eb2)
I am sure a lot of folks had thought about it and probably mentioned it but what I am proposing is to include USCIS in the discussion on how to achieve this. I am sure anybodywho has a concept of fairness understands Eb3 candidate waiting for 5 years deserves to be in Eb2 just by definition of Eb2 and he is not taking any new job which means he is not displacing any new american worker.
I am sure USCIS also understands that the laws are archiac so may be it is willing to help administratively. I am drawing this conclusion based on how it acted during backlog elimination centers..a lot of people were cleared using RIR in the end days and I am sure USCIS overlooked a few things there because those people deserved those labors and it wasnt their mistake for the massive buildup.
Similarly Eb3 folks are not responsible for all the Visa number wastage which would have alleviated this problem and the responsible party (USCIS) may do something in its power to correct this.
The beauty of this the porting Eb3 applicant will always be behind Eb2 by 5 years and gains 5 years experience to be eligible for Eb2. If Eb3 has enough numbers this is non issue but in case (just like now) Eb3 is falling behind there is an option to port it to Eb2 after 5 years of waiting.
I know it is a wishful thinking but I see this as a most practical solution on the table.
After 7 + years of wait time I am thinking just sticking to the rules(or not using creating solutions like buying labor, porting etc not that I am judging any one) may not help me get GC in near future. Previously I thought may be it will take some extra years but ultimately I will get my GC but with latest USCIS misallocation of numbers for last year it seems getting my GC is simply a moving target.
I am proposing a solution which could be relatively easy but it does need help from USCIS and should not cause any major backlash (except from a few Eb2 folks). It is relatively easily implementable and I believe it is well inside current laws so nobody need not worry about breaking the law.
The solution is simple
Eb2 = B.S+ 5 years of experience or M.S degree
So the current Eb3 folks who accumulated 5 years experience since filing the LC are asked to apply for consideration of Eb2 category and USCIS has discretion over whether it can be granted (or LC is recertified as Eb2)
I am sure a lot of folks had thought about it and probably mentioned it but what I am proposing is to include USCIS in the discussion on how to achieve this. I am sure anybodywho has a concept of fairness understands Eb3 candidate waiting for 5 years deserves to be in Eb2 just by definition of Eb2 and he is not taking any new job which means he is not displacing any new american worker.
I am sure USCIS also understands that the laws are archiac so may be it is willing to help administratively. I am drawing this conclusion based on how it acted during backlog elimination centers..a lot of people were cleared using RIR in the end days and I am sure USCIS overlooked a few things there because those people deserved those labors and it wasnt their mistake for the massive buildup.
Similarly Eb3 folks are not responsible for all the Visa number wastage which would have alleviated this problem and the responsible party (USCIS) may do something in its power to correct this.
The beauty of this the porting Eb3 applicant will always be behind Eb2 by 5 years and gains 5 years experience to be eligible for Eb2. If Eb3 has enough numbers this is non issue but in case (just like now) Eb3 is falling behind there is an option to port it to Eb2 after 5 years of waiting.
I know it is a wishful thinking but I see this as a most practical solution on the table.
more...
tessa james pics. Tammin Sursok, Tessa James,
Siddharta
03-11 10:13 PM
I have an NRE account and I get a 1099-INT every year from my bank for that account. It clearly states that the interest has been reported to the IRS and therefore must be shown on the 1040.
Interesting. I never received the 1099-INT. Will talk to my bank.
Interesting. I never received the 1099-INT. Will talk to my bank.
tessa james pics. Tessa James « Home And Away
munshiviral
10-26 02:55 PM
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the feedback. Still I am little bit confused so here are my very specific questions.
1. Can I work for a US firm which has office in India while staying in India?
2. I asked about EAD because I thought that I am still employed with US firm the only difference is that my work location is India and not US. I still get pain in US salary, in that case do i need EAD? Can my GC process continue without me visiting US now and then?
3. Can I still renew my AP/EAD while i am out of US working for US firm and getting paid in US salary but work location in India?
Thanks,
Mickey
Thanks for the feedback. Still I am little bit confused so here are my very specific questions.
1. Can I work for a US firm which has office in India while staying in India?
2. I asked about EAD because I thought that I am still employed with US firm the only difference is that my work location is India and not US. I still get pain in US salary, in that case do i need EAD? Can my GC process continue without me visiting US now and then?
3. Can I still renew my AP/EAD while i am out of US working for US firm and getting paid in US salary but work location in India?
Thanks,
Mickey
more...
tessa james pics. Breeds amp; Tessa James
rockstart
10-07 01:16 PM
You were on dual status till Sep 30th which is AOS & H1B. From Oct 1st your H1B has expired but you are in country on AOS status. You have a valid EAD that will allow you to work. So no worries as far as status issue goes. I know many folks who have willingly let their H1B expire and moved to EAD.
If you need to move back to H1B it is possible your lawyer needs to file a Nunc Pro Tunc H1 application so that it is backdates to Oct 1st.
If you need to move back to H1B it is possible your lawyer needs to file a Nunc Pro Tunc H1 application so that it is backdates to Oct 1st.
tessa james pics. Tessa James - 2009 Emirates
sunnymit
02-18 03:35 PM
Thanks everyone for your responses... I guess I have some thinking to do to see if I can get upgraded to EB2.
more...
tessa james pics. In this photo: Tessa James
jjjun
10-02 12:39 PM
I saw so many RFE recently. I am wondering If there is RFE, the attorney can not represent me. Can i just send RFE by myself to CIS? Or the attorney has to do it.
Thanks
Thanks
tessa james pics. In this photo: Tessa James,
sgupta33
08-28 04:14 PM
What kind of help are you looking for?? Its all in the IV forums about AC21... You need nothing... If you think your employer may revoke your approved I-140.. then you need to inform USCIS of your using AC21 to do a job change... If your I-140 is not approved yet.. you need to wait...
All the needed details would be in AC21 threads...
Yes, I have looked at the AC21 threads and they have been very helpful. I was hoping my current attorney could give me information on the process of transferring my H1B, the costs involved, and how long the process takes. Again, I work in the mental health area where agencies do not have immigration attorneys on staff so if I port, the new employer will not have an attorney that can help me. Thanks.
All the needed details would be in AC21 threads...
Yes, I have looked at the AC21 threads and they have been very helpful. I was hoping my current attorney could give me information on the process of transferring my H1B, the costs involved, and how long the process takes. Again, I work in the mental health area where agencies do not have immigration attorneys on staff so if I port, the new employer will not have an attorney that can help me. Thanks.
more...
tessa james pics. In this photo: Tessa James
indigokiwi
05-20 03:32 PM
What exactly does "OP" stand for?
tessa james pics. In this photo: Tessa James,
cdeneo
03-26 12:32 PM
Need advise - bumping this up...
Many of you must have filed for their AP - can you please share with me what is the best and the safest way to get my application to USCIS?
I was looking for some tracking to know the app got delivered and do it overnight so it gets there in a day.
Wasn't sure if UPS/fed-ex delivers to PO box addresses or should I just stick to USPS?
Also, whether some kind of delivery tracking can be done on PO box addresses?
Please advise folks... Thanks in advance for your help!
Many of you must have filed for their AP - can you please share with me what is the best and the safest way to get my application to USCIS?
I was looking for some tracking to know the app got delivered and do it overnight so it gets there in a day.
Wasn't sure if UPS/fed-ex delivers to PO box addresses or should I just stick to USPS?
Also, whether some kind of delivery tracking can be done on PO box addresses?
Please advise folks... Thanks in advance for your help!
more...
tessa james pics. lt;img srcquot;http://i.fanpix.net/images/orig/8/a/8a0sr09wetcwtew0.jpgquot; altquot;Tessa Jamesquot;gt;lt;brgt;lt;a hrefquot;http://www.fanpix.net/gallery/tessa-james-pictures.htmquot;
jonty_11
11-09 02:55 PM
Normally u get a recipt notice withing 2 weeks or submitting H1 application. Check to see if waht u have is a just receipt notice or a I-797 (H1B Doc).
Last I knew I94 shud be at the bottom of the I-797
Last I knew I94 shud be at the bottom of the I-797
tessa james pics. Clark and Tessa James
pcs
07-17 01:22 PM
Not a single contribution by anyone....
I think CORE and all active members should shut this website down right now and let all the non paying members feel the misery without this site...
I think CORE and all active members should shut this website down right now and let all the non paying members feel the misery without this site...
more...
tessa james pics. Week Logies- Tessa James
mhathi
06-19 04:43 PM
1. if i want to change my job then do i need to transfer my H1(my spouse's H4) and also need to file AC21?? so when the PD become current at that time this new company has to file for her 485/EAD/AP... is that correct??
It is correct that you need to maintain H1 status until your wife is on H4. If PD becomes current after you change job with H1 transfer, you just file for her 485/ead/ap. The new company does not do anything. 485 does not belong to the company, it belongs to you.
2. i am thinking another option that if she transfer her status from either F1 or H1 then- can i use my EAD for new job and when the PD become current at that time i will be able to add her for 485/EAD/AP from this new company??
Really appreicate your help..
H1, yes, F1 no. F1 is not a dual intent visa. So if she accepts F1 then there will be an issue in then adjusting status to permanent residence. I am not sure about this, maybe someone with more experience/knowledge can confirm/deny.
Hope this helps.
It is correct that you need to maintain H1 status until your wife is on H4. If PD becomes current after you change job with H1 transfer, you just file for her 485/ead/ap. The new company does not do anything. 485 does not belong to the company, it belongs to you.
2. i am thinking another option that if she transfer her status from either F1 or H1 then- can i use my EAD for new job and when the PD become current at that time i will be able to add her for 485/EAD/AP from this new company??
Really appreicate your help..
H1, yes, F1 no. F1 is not a dual intent visa. So if she accepts F1 then there will be an issue in then adjusting status to permanent residence. I am not sure about this, maybe someone with more experience/knowledge can confirm/deny.
Hope this helps.
tessa james pics. Jodi Gordon and Tessa James
shana04
02-17 04:24 PM
Can I invoke AC21 by using H1-B transfer?
Enjoy your life, but do it careful.
Enjoy your life, but do it careful.
more...
tessa james pics. Tessa James and David Jones
gc_mania_03
09-11 11:06 PM
Folks,
We need to understand that we have chosen a tough but worthy effort in the form of this forum. As such it may be depressing to see the slow movement in DC.
We should not be setting ourselves some timelines like the ones stated in this email thread, and then feel depressed about seeing no positive results within that timeline...there are too many factors outside our control to do anything like that...
I think we are better off than we where we were last year, when the awareness was nil, and that backlog legislation only favored the RNs and the PTs, while we saw ourselves powerless...
Lets help the core team..and not get depressed over short timelines...I see light at the end of our efforts...may not be phenomenal..but I am sure it will make a difference...for each of us...
gc_mania_03
We need to understand that we have chosen a tough but worthy effort in the form of this forum. As such it may be depressing to see the slow movement in DC.
We should not be setting ourselves some timelines like the ones stated in this email thread, and then feel depressed about seeing no positive results within that timeline...there are too many factors outside our control to do anything like that...
I think we are better off than we where we were last year, when the awareness was nil, and that backlog legislation only favored the RNs and the PTs, while we saw ourselves powerless...
Lets help the core team..and not get depressed over short timelines...I see light at the end of our efforts...may not be phenomenal..but I am sure it will make a difference...for each of us...
gc_mania_03
tessa james pics. 30: Tessa James arrives at
gcformeornot
09-25 03:53 PM
When 140 is revoked USCIS generally send NOID and ask from a offer letter from intended(new) employer. If you can not provide a letter from new employer... they will deny 485.... sorry.
Your EAD is valid, but it is useful only if you have a new job.
Your EAD is valid, but it is useful only if you have a new job.
tessa james pics. 30: Tessa James and Samara
sac-r-ten
07-28 10:19 AM
I think snathan is correct. if you look at the 485 denial letter it should say something related to EAD is invalid or something like that.
Sorry about your situation and Good luck.
Sorry about your situation and Good luck.
tracker80
04-06 10:14 AM
My perm was approved a couple of weeks back and we are going to file the 140 pretty soon. In the mean while I had a question regarding the educational equivalency issue I see during this stage. The perm is for EB-2 which requires a Masters Degree( Foreign Degree acceptable). I've a Bachelors from UK which is 3 years and a Masters from UK which is 1 year. During the I-140 process will there be a problem coz of this. Do we have to submit the Bachelors degree information even though the requirement is for a Masters?
Thanks for any input.
Thanks for any input.
StuckInTheMuck
05-04 04:49 PM
ur title made me think that USCIS sent u a query (RFE) about your US India flight via frankfurt?
Just imagining what the details of the RFE could be?
Interesting thought :) I will share with you (maybe in the "Lighten up" thread) if something witty pops in my head.
This is regarding status, if GC or CITIZEN there should not be any problem. If its H1B visa, then it should have validity. Means H1B visa should not have expired. I heard this story from my brother in law and in fact travel agents know this and they themselves advice on this. Those with expired H1B visa cannot travel through EUROPE. So my brother in law went to India through middle east.
CHECK OUT BASED ON YOUR STATUS.
Thank you, Rangan, for your input. I guess you are thinking of transit visa. Yes, many European airports require such a visa if H1 folks have an expired stamp on their passports. My travel agent assured me I do not need this visa at FRA (I have GC).
Just imagining what the details of the RFE could be?
Interesting thought :) I will share with you (maybe in the "Lighten up" thread) if something witty pops in my head.
This is regarding status, if GC or CITIZEN there should not be any problem. If its H1B visa, then it should have validity. Means H1B visa should not have expired. I heard this story from my brother in law and in fact travel agents know this and they themselves advice on this. Those with expired H1B visa cannot travel through EUROPE. So my brother in law went to India through middle east.
CHECK OUT BASED ON YOUR STATUS.
Thank you, Rangan, for your input. I guess you are thinking of transit visa. Yes, many European airports require such a visa if H1 folks have an expired stamp on their passports. My travel agent assured me I do not need this visa at FRA (I have GC).
No comments:
Post a Comment