budugu
Dec 14, 10:29 PM
IT is a very clean Powermac sawtooth with stock graphics card (DVI/VGA) and
400Mhz G4
2x256 MB
80GB
DVD
runs tiger very well. Post pictures if any one is interested. It has no scratches or dings.
Looking for 200$ + shipping (arround boston - pickup is possible)
Will trade for bluetooth keyboard / Mouse, ipod, isight or mac mini +/- cash can be negotiated.
400Mhz G4
2x256 MB
80GB
DVD
runs tiger very well. Post pictures if any one is interested. It has no scratches or dings.
Looking for 200$ + shipping (arround boston - pickup is possible)
Will trade for bluetooth keyboard / Mouse, ipod, isight or mac mini +/- cash can be negotiated.
MattG
Jan 4, 08:20 AM
Welp... Got Notes 7.02 today.
Visually, it looks "fatter". The fonts are more substantial. Almost bold in look. It also looks more "modern" if you will.. or more "mac-like".
The installer actually uses the default OS X installer. That's nice.
The whole BS "Lotus Notes" directory with all it's turds is replaced by a nice Notes.app applicaiton bundle. That's nice.
They added Safari as an option for URL handlers. That's nice.
It upgraded 6.5.x just fine, though I had moved my data directory to my home directory a while back, not sure (yet) how the upgrade will go if one's data directory still exists in the app's hierarchy.
It IS a Universal Binary! WooHoo!! That's REALLY nice!
It's still a carbon app. That's NOT nice. You'll notice the old MacOS watch icon. A sure sign of a carbonized app.
It still uses BinHex 4.0 as the default Mac attachment encoder. That's NOT nice.
I don't know how it handles emails with embeded java or HTML (I'm sure other users have experienced Notes crashes when reading some emails with HTML in them). Wait and see on that one.
It seems to be a bit faster, despite being a carbon app still. Wait and see on that one.
Well good to hear there are some improvements. Will have to see about downloading this today.
Visually, it looks "fatter". The fonts are more substantial. Almost bold in look. It also looks more "modern" if you will.. or more "mac-like".
The installer actually uses the default OS X installer. That's nice.
The whole BS "Lotus Notes" directory with all it's turds is replaced by a nice Notes.app applicaiton bundle. That's nice.
They added Safari as an option for URL handlers. That's nice.
It upgraded 6.5.x just fine, though I had moved my data directory to my home directory a while back, not sure (yet) how the upgrade will go if one's data directory still exists in the app's hierarchy.
It IS a Universal Binary! WooHoo!! That's REALLY nice!
It's still a carbon app. That's NOT nice. You'll notice the old MacOS watch icon. A sure sign of a carbonized app.
It still uses BinHex 4.0 as the default Mac attachment encoder. That's NOT nice.
I don't know how it handles emails with embeded java or HTML (I'm sure other users have experienced Notes crashes when reading some emails with HTML in them). Wait and see on that one.
It seems to be a bit faster, despite being a carbon app still. Wait and see on that one.
Well good to hear there are some improvements. Will have to see about downloading this today.
neko girl
Apr 26, 09:56 PM
Sorry, but black people using the n word is no better than any other ethnicity doing it.
You fail to understand the reason why it is used and the context behind it. Given that you've brought it up, I doubt my explanation will sway you.
You fail to understand the reason why it is used and the context behind it. Given that you've brought it up, I doubt my explanation will sway you.
shannonw6290
May 2, 03:40 AM
Does anyone know when a new MacBook will be released? According to what I've read, they're usually released in May, so they should be out this month, correct?
more...
Peterkro
Feb 14, 12:33 PM
mymemory thin ice interface Ahoy. :D

iLikeMyiMac
Aug 17, 08:32 PM
It reminds me of the swf game Fishy (http://www.xgenstudios.com/play/fishy/)
more...
skunk
Mar 16, 11:59 AM
No, it's just principle.It is in fact a lack of principle. The principled stand is that killing is bad, period. It brutalises the society on whose behalf it is carried out and panders to the basest instinctual desire for revenge.
Why kill 'em when you can give 'em free food and lodging for life?Actually in this case the DP is being abolished precisely because it is cheaper to give them free food and lodging for life.
Why kill 'em when you can give 'em free food and lodging for life?Actually in this case the DP is being abolished precisely because it is cheaper to give them free food and lodging for life.
Vitruviux
Mar 10, 06:24 AM
OK, thanks!
Sent.
Sent.
more...
aricher
Nov 1, 09:34 AM
Could it work as a money clip?
http://static.flickr.com/97/242428548_51e85543c6_o.jpg
I'll be looking at these in person at the Chicago Apple Store this Saturday when Cut Chemist makes his in-store appearance. Can't wait!
http://static.flickr.com/97/242428548_51e85543c6_o.jpg
I'll be looking at these in person at the Chicago Apple Store this Saturday when Cut Chemist makes his in-store appearance. Can't wait!
tdbaws
Mar 6, 10:56 PM
does anyone know of any existing thread/another site where I can ask questions about final cut pro?
more...
mrgreen4242
Nov 29, 05:02 PM
Don't the movie studios operate as commercial businesses? Don't they make a profit (overall - some movies flop I know)?
They couldn't affort to spend $100M/movie if they didn't get the money back!
Therefore, iPod sales are 'extra' income for them.
I know that there may be some drop-off in theatre ticket sales if the same movie is available via iPod sometime in the future, but don't they face this now with DVD sales?
It may be simplistic, but why not hold back offering the on-line sale of the movie until they have exhausted the 'theatre experience' the way they do with DVD sales, and then get ready for the '2nd wave' of additional income.
I agree that you should pay for what you have, but I also think you should get what you pay for without excessive restrictions. Yes, electronic media differs from physical media and some rules should be different, but the underlying principles stay the same.
Susan
Except that iPod/iTMS sales would represent, generally speaking, the loss of a DVD sale. They would love, I am sure, to ONLY sell through iTMS and similar services, assuming:
1) They sold the same number of copies,
2) They had the same or great profit margin, and
3) They had better/stricter copy protection.
On that note, I'm still amazed no one has reverse engineered the iTMS video copy protection scheme. I hear DVDJohn has done it, but is using his powers for "good" (well, his good) and selling it to companies who want to offer DRM'd video for playback on iPods without going through Apple.
They couldn't affort to spend $100M/movie if they didn't get the money back!
Therefore, iPod sales are 'extra' income for them.
I know that there may be some drop-off in theatre ticket sales if the same movie is available via iPod sometime in the future, but don't they face this now with DVD sales?
It may be simplistic, but why not hold back offering the on-line sale of the movie until they have exhausted the 'theatre experience' the way they do with DVD sales, and then get ready for the '2nd wave' of additional income.
I agree that you should pay for what you have, but I also think you should get what you pay for without excessive restrictions. Yes, electronic media differs from physical media and some rules should be different, but the underlying principles stay the same.
Susan
Except that iPod/iTMS sales would represent, generally speaking, the loss of a DVD sale. They would love, I am sure, to ONLY sell through iTMS and similar services, assuming:
1) They sold the same number of copies,
2) They had the same or great profit margin, and
3) They had better/stricter copy protection.
On that note, I'm still amazed no one has reverse engineered the iTMS video copy protection scheme. I hear DVDJohn has done it, but is using his powers for "good" (well, his good) and selling it to companies who want to offer DRM'd video for playback on iPods without going through Apple.
TsuaSai
Jun 21, 09:36 AM
I have a yellow iskin revo it has been used but is in good condition. The plastic is scratched I should say the rubber is good. The plastic is use able. I can get pics if you would be interested.
Just send me a PM
Just send me a PM
more...
eawmp1
May 3, 05:42 AM
what a horrid picture on the front!
I wouldnt imagine what arn would put on the front page had it been a sperm donor fund....
Unless you have something positive (like blood) to contribute to what is a worthy, life-saving endeavor, please refrain from gracing us with your wisdom. If the subject and/or photos offend you, don't click on the thread.
I wouldnt imagine what arn would put on the front page had it been a sperm donor fund....
Unless you have something positive (like blood) to contribute to what is a worthy, life-saving endeavor, please refrain from gracing us with your wisdom. If the subject and/or photos offend you, don't click on the thread.
Doctor Q
Oct 5, 06:56 PM
If some web pages would "break" if you resize a text area, why is it such a problem? If I broke a web page by resizing, I'd simply drag it back to a "good" size again, and be no worse off than before. If it redraws dynamically it'll be quite obvious as you drag.
Having a screen come out wrong is already the case with many websites if I resize my browser window to make it very skinny, yet I don't hear people complaining that browsers allow you to do that.
Having a screen come out wrong is already the case with many websites if I resize my browser window to make it very skinny, yet I don't hear people complaining that browsers allow you to do that.
more...
Queen of Spades
Dec 2, 02:24 AM
Where's the holiday spirit, everyone? :D
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5083/5225422249_41e8ea10dc_b.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5083/5225422249_41e8ea10dc_b.jpg

Shawnpk
Apr 27, 11:09 PM
If someone stood there for even more than the time it took to read the price tags and the capacity...
more...
gnomeisland
Apr 28, 09:21 AM
720p what?
h.264 if I recall. To be fair I can't really quantify the details, etc. I gave the machine to friend after I got my 2.0ghz mini in late 2009. It did take a bit of doing and I wouldn't be surprised if there a few dropped frames and a low bitrate. My of the material was 480p h.264 samples which did play just fine.
h.264 if I recall. To be fair I can't really quantify the details, etc. I gave the machine to friend after I got my 2.0ghz mini in late 2009. It did take a bit of doing and I wouldn't be surprised if there a few dropped frames and a low bitrate. My of the material was 480p h.264 samples which did play just fine.
PoitNarf
Mar 11, 10:54 AM
Anyone in line at Tice's Corner or know if anyone has lined up there yet?

Vegasman
Apr 4, 12:56 PM
LOL. They "need" the info to offer us a better deal. Priceless.
Of course. Say you are a subscriber and then decide to cancel for some reason - maybe it's too expensive.
When a cheaper version becomes available, FT would like to be able to contact you to let you know about the new deal.
Or maybe they would like to offer you a welcome back deal.
Or maybe...
The point is, there are a lot of reasons a company would want this information that does not involve selling your information to someone else.
Of course. Say you are a subscriber and then decide to cancel for some reason - maybe it's too expensive.
When a cheaper version becomes available, FT would like to be able to contact you to let you know about the new deal.
Or maybe they would like to offer you a welcome back deal.
Or maybe...
The point is, there are a lot of reasons a company would want this information that does not involve selling your information to someone else.
LethalWolfe
Nov 12, 03:08 PM
And when FCS4 comes out it will be a year ahead of CS5. What's your point?
I think his point was that if the next version of FCP is only playing 'catch up' to CS5 and MC5 it will quickly be eclipsed by the next iterations of those programs (especially if FCP stays on a two year product cycle). FCP needs to leap frog CS5 and MC5 to remain competitive.
We've been using Mac Pros as servers for years now... it has more function than the Xserve but is just not rack mountable. No big deal. And who used Shake that its loss makes an impact? Apple could cut Motion and I don't think many would care.
Just because it's not a big deal for you doesn't mean it's not a big deal for others. For example, our production technology guys are finally happy to be phasing out an old 30TB SAN that's taking up 3-4 times the space of the new 60TB SAN. Less space, less power, less cooling, less money to build and maintain for a bigger, better SAN. I can only imagine what they'd do if someone came in and said "Okay, we are replacing all your 1RU servers with Mac Pros".
As far as Shake goes, I'd say all the people doing higher end VFX work felt multiple stings from Apple. First was killing the Windows version. Second was keeping the price high for the Linux version while severely discounting the Mac version. Third was ceasing development of it in 2006 even though it was arguably best in class software. It's a testament to the guys at Nothing Real (the creators of Shake) that it was still viable for so many years after Apple killed it (copies of Shake on eBay still go for, or near, full retail price). AFAIK Nuke has come in to fill the void left by Shake.
Lethal
I think his point was that if the next version of FCP is only playing 'catch up' to CS5 and MC5 it will quickly be eclipsed by the next iterations of those programs (especially if FCP stays on a two year product cycle). FCP needs to leap frog CS5 and MC5 to remain competitive.
We've been using Mac Pros as servers for years now... it has more function than the Xserve but is just not rack mountable. No big deal. And who used Shake that its loss makes an impact? Apple could cut Motion and I don't think many would care.
Just because it's not a big deal for you doesn't mean it's not a big deal for others. For example, our production technology guys are finally happy to be phasing out an old 30TB SAN that's taking up 3-4 times the space of the new 60TB SAN. Less space, less power, less cooling, less money to build and maintain for a bigger, better SAN. I can only imagine what they'd do if someone came in and said "Okay, we are replacing all your 1RU servers with Mac Pros".
As far as Shake goes, I'd say all the people doing higher end VFX work felt multiple stings from Apple. First was killing the Windows version. Second was keeping the price high for the Linux version while severely discounting the Mac version. Third was ceasing development of it in 2006 even though it was arguably best in class software. It's a testament to the guys at Nothing Real (the creators of Shake) that it was still viable for so many years after Apple killed it (copies of Shake on eBay still go for, or near, full retail price). AFAIK Nuke has come in to fill the void left by Shake.
Lethal
Lord Blackadder
Sep 26, 11:54 AM
What do people think the age of consent should be? I think that if we have to put an age to it it should be no more than 16 probably 12/14 but I think a change to the way the subject is dealt with in the education system would/should also be required.
Wow, 12 seems a bit young. :confused:
Kids should have a level of respect for their parents that keeps them from having sex if their parents feel they should not - if an 18-year old feels that he can't obey his parents wishes how can he ask them to support him by providing him with a house to live in etc. etc.
I think that having sex against the wishes of a parent is disrespectful to a degree. If you are on your own and self-sufficient then by all means you should operate on your own discretion. But if you are a teenager living at home you have an obligation to accede to your parents wishes in matters (such as this) that can have far-reaching conequences. They invested a lot of time and made sacrifices to raise you; How much value to do place on a request of theirs?
Personally I don't think most 18 year olds are emotionally mature enough to maintain a sexual relationship - they tend to be too self centered and shortsighted about what they are doing. I know several couples that got together at a very young age, some on purpose and others as the result of an "accident" child. None of them, I think, are very happy with the decision they made.
Wow, 12 seems a bit young. :confused:
Kids should have a level of respect for their parents that keeps them from having sex if their parents feel they should not - if an 18-year old feels that he can't obey his parents wishes how can he ask them to support him by providing him with a house to live in etc. etc.
I think that having sex against the wishes of a parent is disrespectful to a degree. If you are on your own and self-sufficient then by all means you should operate on your own discretion. But if you are a teenager living at home you have an obligation to accede to your parents wishes in matters (such as this) that can have far-reaching conequences. They invested a lot of time and made sacrifices to raise you; How much value to do place on a request of theirs?
Personally I don't think most 18 year olds are emotionally mature enough to maintain a sexual relationship - they tend to be too self centered and shortsighted about what they are doing. I know several couples that got together at a very young age, some on purpose and others as the result of an "accident" child. None of them, I think, are very happy with the decision they made.
AndrewR23
Mar 27, 03:06 PM
I agree ... he should be reported ... he is taking advantage of people
ive reported his auction and as a member.
ive reported his auction and as a member.
mlblacy
Apr 10, 07:45 PM
and an incredible sense of timing.
Which in life, is everything...
Which in life, is everything...
Night Spring
Apr 17, 03:05 PM
How are you trying to add apps/music, and what happens when you try? Please post any error messages you get, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment