chantu
06-22 11:48 AM
Fill up the data. Take the print. Scan the print. Thats it.
red sox yankees. Red Sox v New York Yankees
anishNewbie
01-07 03:40 PM
Thank you.. I guess i will just mail my application... So if my application is received before end of OPT date..That would be fine right.. I hope it doesn't matter when they start processing ??
Could someone answer my below question please ??
Also my another question is with Form I-765
Question 11. Date you applied for previous EAD ??
OPTIONS:
Notice Date
Receipt Date
StartDate of Previous OPT
ExpiryDate of Previos OPT
Granted Date(How do i know that??)
Received Date
Thank you...
Could someone answer my below question please ??
Also my another question is with Form I-765
Question 11. Date you applied for previous EAD ??
OPTIONS:
Notice Date
Receipt Date
StartDate of Previous OPT
ExpiryDate of Previos OPT
Granted Date(How do i know that??)
Received Date
Thank you...
red sox yankees. Liveblogging: Red Sox/Yankees
SunnySurya
07-13 11:56 AM
Folks,
Please advise if you have any knowledge on the issue. Also, I am aware that I will need to take a good lawyer advise on this but what I am looking for is your take.
Background:
During July'07 fiasco I was able to submit my first 485 application on the 07/02/07 itself. Because of the volume of applications received, USICS was taking a long time to issue receipts. Since we all were hearing stories of applications getting lost or returned or denied for no explicit reasons and I was afraid that this window of opportunity may not open for a very long time, I decided to re-file my 485 application based on the same I-140 on Aug 10th, just days before the window closing. Both applications were filed at Nebraska Service Center.
In September 2007 USCIS issued me the receipt notice for the first application. So I decided to put a stop payment on the second application, in the hope that my second application will be rejected without prejudice. That did not happen. I got a letter from USICS threatening me to adversely affect all my future 485 applications. So I paid. A different A# was issued to me for my second application. (So I have two A#s now) Also, per their website, my receipt date for the second application is the date they received the corrected payment, which is some time in late November.
Now, my priority date is current. I am thinking of taking one of the following actions. Please advise, what should be an appropriate course of action.
a) Do Nothing as I might get my first 485 will adjudicated before they start working on the second application, whose receipt date is sometime in November.
b) Send a letter to USICS requesting them to withdraw my application (Please advise what reason should I state)
I am afraid to choose option 2 as they might send my application for some sort of reconciliation.
Thanks
Sunny
Please advise if you have any knowledge on the issue. Also, I am aware that I will need to take a good lawyer advise on this but what I am looking for is your take.
Background:
During July'07 fiasco I was able to submit my first 485 application on the 07/02/07 itself. Because of the volume of applications received, USICS was taking a long time to issue receipts. Since we all were hearing stories of applications getting lost or returned or denied for no explicit reasons and I was afraid that this window of opportunity may not open for a very long time, I decided to re-file my 485 application based on the same I-140 on Aug 10th, just days before the window closing. Both applications were filed at Nebraska Service Center.
In September 2007 USCIS issued me the receipt notice for the first application. So I decided to put a stop payment on the second application, in the hope that my second application will be rejected without prejudice. That did not happen. I got a letter from USICS threatening me to adversely affect all my future 485 applications. So I paid. A different A# was issued to me for my second application. (So I have two A#s now) Also, per their website, my receipt date for the second application is the date they received the corrected payment, which is some time in late November.
Now, my priority date is current. I am thinking of taking one of the following actions. Please advise, what should be an appropriate course of action.
a) Do Nothing as I might get my first 485 will adjudicated before they start working on the second application, whose receipt date is sometime in November.
b) Send a letter to USICS requesting them to withdraw my application (Please advise what reason should I state)
I am afraid to choose option 2 as they might send my application for some sort of reconciliation.
Thanks
Sunny
red sox yankees. to the Red Sox and Yankees
PDOCT05
10-30 10:59 AM
what does ur online status show btw? also ur dep's earlier checks havent cashed right ? dumb Q :-( one of my friend got in to similar situation he sent it back and checks cashed not sure how much did he sent though.
The status shows application received and rejected. As per the notice the reason is missing signature.The check's haven't cashed..,can you please check with your friend how long it took for him to get the check's cashed after re-sending the application?
The status shows application received and rejected. As per the notice the reason is missing signature.The check's haven't cashed..,can you please check with your friend how long it took for him to get the check's cashed after re-sending the application?
more...
red sox yankees. Red Sox - Yankees tickets
Sandeep
03-08 07:28 AM
Pl. find here some more stuff about DOL/BEC and PERM.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/expectmore/detail.10002380.2005.html
I believe this is an older version of the report I was talking about as it says "Assessment Year2004"
The question is why is DOL projecting that it is doing a great job? There are serious flaws everywhere and there are thousands who will testify to that. They do not know how much money to ask from the Congress and they do not know if they can even meet the deadlines they have set. Also look at the way the goals have changed
Page 212
"The goal to reduce processing time to six months for 90% of applications, though ambitious relative to current 32- month processing, may not be either sufficiently tailored or ambitious for the new automated review process, if program reforms go as planned, and processing rates are as high as envisioned."
"ETA Congressional Justification submitted with the President's Budget for FY 2005: (1) Reduce average processing time such that 90% of new applications are processed within six months of filing (target ambitious relative to current processing time of 32 months; target remains same in future years; contingent on implementation of reforms). (2) In 2004, reduce backlog of permanent applications by 36. 5% from 270,000, and in 2005, by 42% from 171, 450 (revised goal: elimination of backlog by end of 2006). (3) Goal for 2003 was to "assist employers in meeting their workforce needs by providing them with expeditious determinations on their applications to hire foreign workers under the [permanent, H- 1B, and H- 2B programs]". (4)Goal for 2001 and 2002 had been to "promptly review employer applications for foreign labor certification". Goals tie to program's mission and DOL's Strategic Goal 4, A Competitive Workforce. Numerical targets for processing will almost certainly need adjustment upon implementation of the new,automated system and centralized processing."
http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/expectmore/detail.10002380.2005.html
I believe this is an older version of the report I was talking about as it says "Assessment Year2004"
The question is why is DOL projecting that it is doing a great job? There are serious flaws everywhere and there are thousands who will testify to that. They do not know how much money to ask from the Congress and they do not know if they can even meet the deadlines they have set. Also look at the way the goals have changed
Page 212
"The goal to reduce processing time to six months for 90% of applications, though ambitious relative to current 32- month processing, may not be either sufficiently tailored or ambitious for the new automated review process, if program reforms go as planned, and processing rates are as high as envisioned."
"ETA Congressional Justification submitted with the President's Budget for FY 2005: (1) Reduce average processing time such that 90% of new applications are processed within six months of filing (target ambitious relative to current processing time of 32 months; target remains same in future years; contingent on implementation of reforms). (2) In 2004, reduce backlog of permanent applications by 36. 5% from 270,000, and in 2005, by 42% from 171, 450 (revised goal: elimination of backlog by end of 2006). (3) Goal for 2003 was to "assist employers in meeting their workforce needs by providing them with expeditious determinations on their applications to hire foreign workers under the [permanent, H- 1B, and H- 2B programs]". (4)Goal for 2001 and 2002 had been to "promptly review employer applications for foreign labor certification". Goals tie to program's mission and DOL's Strategic Goal 4, A Competitive Workforce. Numerical targets for processing will almost certainly need adjustment upon implementation of the new,automated system and centralized processing."
red sox yankees. June 29-July 1, 2004: Yankee
mmeshref
12-02 07:06 PM
I am not sure why it's so hard to understand what I want :)
1- My wife's h4 visa will expire after 4 years
2- I already have my h1b extension
3- What I am saying that if I don't get the stamp in time, I am planning to enter with AP
Given all the points above, and the fact that I'll be working on H1b status, would this void my wife's h4 visa?
1- My wife's h4 visa will expire after 4 years
2- I already have my h1b extension
3- What I am saying that if I don't get the stamp in time, I am planning to enter with AP
Given all the points above, and the fact that I'll be working on H1b status, would this void my wife's h4 visa?
more...
red sox yankees. Same old Red Sox-Yankees
pappu
02-11 11:22 AM
Pappu,
I agree, and so just to vent, IV forum participation must be a give and take, it is shameful and unethical to ask questions and run away once its been answered or their problems are resolved, we have thousands of members and only a handful of them have contributed towards 2009 contributions, the total has not even touched $1500?? there is a limit to being a free rider, at times like these when legal immigration has hit bottom in the priorities list, cant we atleast pool some money and support those who are trying to work for us?? is it too much to ask? its just not enough to say "god will help us", god helps only those who help themselves.
I agree. We are not able to exploit our full potential and come up short in our efforts due to lack of enough support. Imagine if we had hundred thousand members.
or even if we can get the current 30k members to contribute it will be a huge boost. I feel if we can get everyone from other websites to IV that may help us get more participation and contributions.
Individual $20 or $50 should get mass participation. We collected 1K yesterday after a lot of effort. That 1K will be peanuts when we take it and talk to a lobbyist. It will not even get us past initial briefing session if you really want to do full fledged lobbying. If your average lawyer charges you $250 to talk to you only for 15 minutes, imagine how much a lobbyist can charge you to talk let alone go out and allow you to purchase the political capital he has. You should look at how much our rivals spend against us. They even have full time employees and lobbyists on payroll and an office . On the other hand we are simply trying to manage this effort while doing our day jobs and reducing our family time in the evening, nights and weekends. Some of us take time off from work and travel to DC. That time could have been used for trips to Home country or for vacations. Core members, chapter leaders and many active members since the beginning of this effort have made sacrifices. I just hope members are able to see the complete picture of this effort before forming an opinion and taking a decision.
When they see it as their own effort they will participate more actively and make IV their website to go to and participate.
I agree, and so just to vent, IV forum participation must be a give and take, it is shameful and unethical to ask questions and run away once its been answered or their problems are resolved, we have thousands of members and only a handful of them have contributed towards 2009 contributions, the total has not even touched $1500?? there is a limit to being a free rider, at times like these when legal immigration has hit bottom in the priorities list, cant we atleast pool some money and support those who are trying to work for us?? is it too much to ask? its just not enough to say "god will help us", god helps only those who help themselves.
I agree. We are not able to exploit our full potential and come up short in our efforts due to lack of enough support. Imagine if we had hundred thousand members.
or even if we can get the current 30k members to contribute it will be a huge boost. I feel if we can get everyone from other websites to IV that may help us get more participation and contributions.
Individual $20 or $50 should get mass participation. We collected 1K yesterday after a lot of effort. That 1K will be peanuts when we take it and talk to a lobbyist. It will not even get us past initial briefing session if you really want to do full fledged lobbying. If your average lawyer charges you $250 to talk to you only for 15 minutes, imagine how much a lobbyist can charge you to talk let alone go out and allow you to purchase the political capital he has. You should look at how much our rivals spend against us. They even have full time employees and lobbyists on payroll and an office . On the other hand we are simply trying to manage this effort while doing our day jobs and reducing our family time in the evening, nights and weekends. Some of us take time off from work and travel to DC. That time could have been used for trips to Home country or for vacations. Core members, chapter leaders and many active members since the beginning of this effort have made sacrifices. I just hope members are able to see the complete picture of this effort before forming an opinion and taking a decision.
When they see it as their own effort they will participate more actively and make IV their website to go to and participate.
red sox yankees. the Yanks in all eight
mingan
01-28 10:41 AM
My I140 got approved.
RFE on Job description in Experience letters.
reply to RFE on 21st Jan 2008
approved on 25th Jan 2008
NSC
RFE on Job description in Experience letters.
reply to RFE on 21st Jan 2008
approved on 25th Jan 2008
NSC
more...
red sox yankees. The Red Sox and Yankees will
coopheal
08-01 09:44 AM
Tell me what I am doing wrong here:
1) https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp
Clicked the link - Forgot Your User ID or Password ?
2) https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/lostCredentials.do?lostCredentials=true
Entered my userid and email address and Clicked Submit.
3) https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/authenticateUser.do
Here it asked me to enter "Your Question on File is:" and "Your Answer on File is:"
I do not remember this.
1) https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp
Clicked the link - Forgot Your User ID or Password ?
2) https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/lostCredentials.do?lostCredentials=true
Entered my userid and email address and Clicked Submit.
3) https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/authenticateUser.do
Here it asked me to enter "Your Question on File is:" and "Your Answer on File is:"
I do not remember this.
red sox yankees. Even with Arod out, Red Sox
GCSOON-Ihope
11-04 10:02 PM
How often does a denial happen in a case of H1 "transfer"? Do you know? Why would a transfer be denied?
How often is an H1 denied? I have no idea but it happened to me...twice!
The first time, the attorney screwed up. The company fired him ...and me as well since I was then out of status (long story that I will post someday, maybe...):mad: Second time, I never knew the details but the company appealed... and won.
All that can happen on any type of application of course. Everybody makes mistakes, and even without mistakes, no approval can never be guaranteed in advance.:(
How often is an H1 denied? I have no idea but it happened to me...twice!
The first time, the attorney screwed up. The company fired him ...and me as well since I was then out of status (long story that I will post someday, maybe...):mad: Second time, I never knew the details but the company appealed... and won.
All that can happen on any type of application of course. Everybody makes mistakes, and even without mistakes, no approval can never be guaranteed in advance.:(
more...
red sox yankees. Yankees beat the Red Sox?
s_r_e_e
08-20 10:42 AM
Hats off to you guys.
red sox yankees. off Boston Red Sox pitcher
EB3_SEP04
07-16 04:40 PM
No it is the same company
First of all congrats!
My understanding is that as long as the new job/title falls in the SAME O*NET code(lower right corner of your labor appplication), it is considered SAME/SIMILAR job and hence OK. e.g. O*NEt code for Computer Programmers is 15-1021
http://www.onetcodeconnector.org/ccreport/15-1021.00
The good news is that YOU think that the new job duties are 50% different, which may not be the case as per AC21. That happened to one of friends, his old job was at a bank and his labor had a lot banking related words, then he joined a CISCO which is defiintely not a bank so new job duties were 70-80 different (if you compare word to word), so he was worried, but his lawyer said "you were a DBA (15-1061) and you are still a DBA, so it is a SAME or SIMILAR job". He got the GC last year.
Also how would USCIS know that you have been promoted? since you are not changing employer, you are not using AC21 and does not have to inform USCIS about this change. So technically you could be promoted every year still have no effect on green card (unless you get an RFE and USCIS asks for a emmployment letter, pay stub etc, which will show a change in title).
First of all congrats!
My understanding is that as long as the new job/title falls in the SAME O*NET code(lower right corner of your labor appplication), it is considered SAME/SIMILAR job and hence OK. e.g. O*NEt code for Computer Programmers is 15-1021
http://www.onetcodeconnector.org/ccreport/15-1021.00
The good news is that YOU think that the new job duties are 50% different, which may not be the case as per AC21. That happened to one of friends, his old job was at a bank and his labor had a lot banking related words, then he joined a CISCO which is defiintely not a bank so new job duties were 70-80 different (if you compare word to word), so he was worried, but his lawyer said "you were a DBA (15-1061) and you are still a DBA, so it is a SAME or SIMILAR job". He got the GC last year.
Also how would USCIS know that you have been promoted? since you are not changing employer, you are not using AC21 and does not have to inform USCIS about this change. So technically you could be promoted every year still have no effect on green card (unless you get an RFE and USCIS asks for a emmployment letter, pay stub etc, which will show a change in title).
more...
red sox yankees. Red Sox - Yankees Rivalry.
dan19
02-20 02:48 PM
japs19...
Thanks for your comments. It is good to hear from someone who have done it successfully.
Did you get your PD ported?
Also ivuser, thanks for the useful info.
Thanks for your comments. It is good to hear from someone who have done it successfully.
Did you get your PD ported?
Also ivuser, thanks for the useful info.
red sox yankees. The Red Sox are the new
sandeepk_c
05-27 03:23 PM
Hello,
Please let me know how we are planning to send the case numbers and who is collecting the case numbers?
Rgds
Sandy
Please let me know how we are planning to send the case numbers and who is collecting the case numbers?
Rgds
Sandy
more...
red sox yankees. Yankees 5, Red Sox 4 (10
brentrh
November 21st, 2005, 02:38 PM
I like 4
red sox yankees. The Boston Red Sox and New
shreekhand
08-28 04:42 PM
Actually it completely depends on the attorney. I know a couple of people in my company who changed employers and used the old attorney to file AC21 papers for them! and it is a big employer and a big attorney firm !
you should use another attorney. How can you go to your employer's attonery(even though he represents you) and ask about taking another job?. Its same as asking your employer.:eek:
you should use another attorney. How can you go to your employer's attonery(even though he represents you) and ask about taking another job?. Its same as asking your employer.:eek:
more...
red sox yankees. Boston Red Sox
EB-VoiceImmigration
08-14 01:07 AM
can i apply one more I-140 , and what will be my case in this situation
If you tranfer ur H1 to new employer, i think u need to start green card process from the beginning. your old approved labor no longer valid and also u can not port ur PD.
If you I-140 approved (then I dont think u will do H1 transfer), still same process above but I think u can port your PD.
But like other members suggested, please consult attorney.
If you tranfer ur H1 to new employer, i think u need to start green card process from the beginning. your old approved labor no longer valid and also u can not port ur PD.
If you I-140 approved (then I dont think u will do H1 transfer), still same process above but I think u can port your PD.
But like other members suggested, please consult attorney.
red sox yankees. Yankees game TV channel
raysaikat
11-14 10:57 PM
i am not a lawyer and may be mistaken, but i was told that if one's spouse is using EAD, then you must be in EAD status and cannot be in H1 status (since then dependent spouse would be in H4 status and cannot work).
Can anyone confirm this?
best,
-andy
It is the other way.
If the spouse has EAD and wishes to be in AOS, then the primary applicant can be either on H1-B or on EAD; it does not matter.
If the spouse has no EAD (so that s/he has to be on H-4), or for whatever reason wants to remain in H-4, then the primary applicant must be on H1-B.
Can anyone confirm this?
best,
-andy
It is the other way.
If the spouse has EAD and wishes to be in AOS, then the primary applicant can be either on H1-B or on EAD; it does not matter.
If the spouse has no EAD (so that s/he has to be on H-4), or for whatever reason wants to remain in H-4, then the primary applicant must be on H1-B.
red sox yankees. Boston Red Sox#39;s.
ultimate_champ
11-27 09:49 AM
Thanks all. Appreciate it.
I'll keep you updated what happens next.
I'll keep you updated what happens next.
zbd
07-18 08:47 PM
:rolleyes:
Guys,
I keep telling you.
Neither calculation nor politics works. All this masturbating (sorry for the word but i couldn't found any other word which fits better). FIFO is being applied. It means, we all gotta wait until they clear certain amount of case from Backlog centers. They release the numbers based on the released cases from BC.
Think that why S.1932 didn't work. Nobody willing to tell the truth but I'm.
Good luck. My stomach aches when I read this site or look at the cut-off dates.
We all slaves. Easy answer is "love or leave" but we already had life here and we didn't know what was waiting for us before coming here. How can I ruin my kids life, especially school life. How long more can I express the situation to my wife that she can not work here. WHY ? otherwise, I may take to job change risk! Ah ah! i got spazm again. Please Please stop this holly helly thing right a way.
It's enough that you already ruin our lifes!!!
:eek: GODs don't seem that they're willing to HELP us.:eek:
Guys,
I keep telling you.
Neither calculation nor politics works. All this masturbating (sorry for the word but i couldn't found any other word which fits better). FIFO is being applied. It means, we all gotta wait until they clear certain amount of case from Backlog centers. They release the numbers based on the released cases from BC.
Think that why S.1932 didn't work. Nobody willing to tell the truth but I'm.
Good luck. My stomach aches when I read this site or look at the cut-off dates.
We all slaves. Easy answer is "love or leave" but we already had life here and we didn't know what was waiting for us before coming here. How can I ruin my kids life, especially school life. How long more can I express the situation to my wife that she can not work here. WHY ? otherwise, I may take to job change risk! Ah ah! i got spazm again. Please Please stop this holly helly thing right a way.
It's enough that you already ruin our lifes!!!
:eek: GODs don't seem that they're willing to HELP us.:eek:
desigc
12-22 05:03 PM
Contributed $100 to IV.
Reciept #87H393384E9981342
Gaz
I am in a similar situation. What did your friend end up doing? I would appreciate any feedback on this.
My 140 is approved, 6th year expires in March 09, 485 has not been filed due to retrogression and there is a potential for a layoff. Can I transfer 140 to a new employer and file 3 yr extension at the same time?
Reciept #87H393384E9981342
Gaz
I am in a similar situation. What did your friend end up doing? I would appreciate any feedback on this.
My 140 is approved, 6th year expires in March 09, 485 has not been filed due to retrogression and there is a potential for a layoff. Can I transfer 140 to a new employer and file 3 yr extension at the same time?
No comments:
Post a Comment