gcpadmavyuh
09-23 01:51 PM
Thanks Jindhal.
I have been working with the Director of International Students office at the university from day 1.
After going through the discussions, and convincing her that my wife can work, she is now asking for law that allows AOS candidates to take up graduate study.
Frustrating!
Having an EAD ensures you can receive scholarships, grants, and any other financial assistantship. If you have an H4 you cannot work on campus or off campus and cannot receive any money from the university. My suggestion to the OP would be to get in touch with the International Students sections at the university and talk to the head or someone higher up. If possible set up a meeting and explain your situation and visa category. Maybe they might change their minds.
Best of luck and please post what your final decision was, I am going to be in a similar situation a year from now.
I have been working with the Director of International Students office at the university from day 1.
After going through the discussions, and convincing her that my wife can work, she is now asking for law that allows AOS candidates to take up graduate study.
Frustrating!
Having an EAD ensures you can receive scholarships, grants, and any other financial assistantship. If you have an H4 you cannot work on campus or off campus and cannot receive any money from the university. My suggestion to the OP would be to get in touch with the International Students sections at the university and talk to the head or someone higher up. If possible set up a meeting and explain your situation and visa category. Maybe they might change their minds.
Best of luck and please post what your final decision was, I am going to be in a similar situation a year from now.
wallpaper heartbreak quotes heart broken
Dhundhun
07-16 04:03 AM
USCIS decided a date Jun 1, 2006 to be current for EB2, so that Visa Numbers are not lost this year. This they decided on the basis of numbers of applications they were able to process by Jul 8, 2008. We all know that I485 Processing Date for NSC was Jul 28, 2007 and TSC was July 17, 2007. These dates were posted on Jun 15 and by July 8, might have moved by a day or two.
Last year USCIS announced (I remember it was last quarter) that for processing all the files received will take around 18 months. We have just 6-9 months gone.
Jul - Sep, the Priority date should not change, because USCIS has to approve all the processed application, they think approvable.
In Oct, also it may remain same, but after that, it will not be able to sustain demand and face retrogression. Nov 2008 to Jun 2009 there may be seesaw of Priority Date +/-1 years of 2005.
Jul-Aug 2009 USCIS may come across similar situation as this year - but in this case all applications of July 2007 processed - I think that time PD will be some date in 2005.
Right now Processing date might be frozen of 2-3 months, because USCIS may put entire energy in approving EB2 processed cases.
Last year USCIS announced (I remember it was last quarter) that for processing all the files received will take around 18 months. We have just 6-9 months gone.
Jul - Sep, the Priority date should not change, because USCIS has to approve all the processed application, they think approvable.
In Oct, also it may remain same, but after that, it will not be able to sustain demand and face retrogression. Nov 2008 to Jun 2009 there may be seesaw of Priority Date +/-1 years of 2005.
Jul-Aug 2009 USCIS may come across similar situation as this year - but in this case all applications of July 2007 processed - I think that time PD will be some date in 2005.
Right now Processing date might be frozen of 2-3 months, because USCIS may put entire energy in approving EB2 processed cases.
ndbhatt
02-07 12:34 AM
If you apply in EB2 through your employer, you will be stuck with the same employer till the I-485 stage, that is when you will get EAD card, which would allow you to change employer under AC21 rule, but your new jobs must have the same job description.
The second option is more appealing, to wait till your US born child is 21 years, and then your child can apply for you in family based.
Either way it will take the same time :-), if you apply in Eb2 category now, it will take 20-25 years for your green card. If you wait for your daughter to get 21 years, then also it will take the same time.
Here is what Bill Gates said last year testifying to the congress -
"And so if you talk to a student who's in school today, going to graduate in June, they're seeing that they cannot apply until they get their degree, and by the time they get their degree, all those visas are gone. If somebody is here on an H1-B, if you're from India, say, with a bachelor's degree, the current backlog would have you wait decades before you could get a green card, and during that time your family can't work, there are limits in terms of how you can change your job. There was one calculation done that the fastest way you'd get a green card is to have a child who becomes a United States citizen, and then your child sponsors you to become a U.S. citizen, and that's because there's more than 21 years in some of these backlogs."
Source: http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/exec/billg/speeches/2007/03-07Senate.mspx
Welcome to the club buddy, we are going to be in these forums to long many years.
Sanju,
I think you missed Danonline on a very important point; his French citizenship. I assume he is ROW and hope he isn't born in visa retrogressed countries.
I think Dan should be fine in getting his PR in couple of years and NOT 20-25 years as you mentioned earlier.
The second option is more appealing, to wait till your US born child is 21 years, and then your child can apply for you in family based.
Either way it will take the same time :-), if you apply in Eb2 category now, it will take 20-25 years for your green card. If you wait for your daughter to get 21 years, then also it will take the same time.
Here is what Bill Gates said last year testifying to the congress -
"And so if you talk to a student who's in school today, going to graduate in June, they're seeing that they cannot apply until they get their degree, and by the time they get their degree, all those visas are gone. If somebody is here on an H1-B, if you're from India, say, with a bachelor's degree, the current backlog would have you wait decades before you could get a green card, and during that time your family can't work, there are limits in terms of how you can change your job. There was one calculation done that the fastest way you'd get a green card is to have a child who becomes a United States citizen, and then your child sponsors you to become a U.S. citizen, and that's because there's more than 21 years in some of these backlogs."
Source: http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/exec/billg/speeches/2007/03-07Senate.mspx
Welcome to the club buddy, we are going to be in these forums to long many years.
Sanju,
I think you missed Danonline on a very important point; his French citizenship. I assume he is ROW and hope he isn't born in visa retrogressed countries.
I think Dan should be fine in getting his PR in couple of years and NOT 20-25 years as you mentioned earlier.
2011 quotes about heartbreak and
WeShallOvercome
07-23 06:16 PM
I dont think any July 2nd filer got receipt notices as of yet. Atleast I havent seen anyone in any of the forums.
I know, I was asking because my employer will not give the receipt notices to employees after they come, and also haven't let us apply for EAD/AP.
I know, I was asking because my employer will not give the receipt notices to employees after they come, and also haven't let us apply for EAD/AP.
more...
gandalf_gray
06-02 10:27 AM
It does seem that you will be out of status in the interim period. Can you go to your country on a vacation, come back on H1 and start your new job afresh?. If you can then I suggest you do that, if not I suggest you consult an attorney.
NKR, thanks . I am considering that option.
Can you please tell if I do the L1 Extension, will it NEGATE the approved H1 ?
NKR, thanks . I am considering that option.
Can you please tell if I do the L1 Extension, will it NEGATE the approved H1 ?

cbpds
02-11 05:06 PM
I sent via USPS priority which charged 11 bucks, it reached in 7 days.....the back up plan was to reschedule the visa interview dates. The original plan worked and all ends well !!
my advice (from my experience)..if u do USPS Priority (India postal employee deliver it for sure), and chances r high that u may receive it in OPENED, MISSING, LOST (part of docs) state (we had this multiple times from different locations)
Strongly suggest NOT to use Priority unless u have had firsthand good experience!
Using USPS express was little different, fast, and prompt (guess they use some special delivery layer) :mad:
my advice (from my experience)..if u do USPS Priority (India postal employee deliver it for sure), and chances r high that u may receive it in OPENED, MISSING, LOST (part of docs) state (we had this multiple times from different locations)
Strongly suggest NOT to use Priority unless u have had firsthand good experience!
Using USPS express was little different, fast, and prompt (guess they use some special delivery layer) :mad:
more...
dbevis
October 23rd, 2003, 11:41 PM
First, as a fellow engineer, I'll say that is no handicap to photography.
At the moment I took the shot, I was searching out textured and detailed objects to show me what the 100 Macro lens would be capable of resolving.
So, the left brain was hard at work being analytical and logical.
On another level, the structure brought back childhood memories of my grandparents' farmhouse.
On yet another level, I was facinated by all the small details - mortar, wrought iron fence, and the leaves turning colors.
Generally, these sorts of images are what I connect with, the ones that I can't quite (or at least instantly) figure out what I'm looking at. Is this a wall, a sculpture, are those windows or doorways am I inside looking out or outside looking in.
It's also worth noting that there is no trace of the "rule of thirds" in that image.
Much of the above applies to this one, which I put online this evening:
http://web.mw.net/dphoto.us/members/displayimage.php?album=13&pos=0
Don
At the moment I took the shot, I was searching out textured and detailed objects to show me what the 100 Macro lens would be capable of resolving.
So, the left brain was hard at work being analytical and logical.
On another level, the structure brought back childhood memories of my grandparents' farmhouse.
On yet another level, I was facinated by all the small details - mortar, wrought iron fence, and the leaves turning colors.
Generally, these sorts of images are what I connect with, the ones that I can't quite (or at least instantly) figure out what I'm looking at. Is this a wall, a sculpture, are those windows or doorways am I inside looking out or outside looking in.
It's also worth noting that there is no trace of the "rule of thirds" in that image.
Much of the above applies to this one, which I put online this evening:
http://web.mw.net/dphoto.us/members/displayimage.php?album=13&pos=0
Don
2010 quotes about heartbreak and
stupendousman11
01-14 09:36 AM
Same here. We submitted 485 on Jul2 without our medicals and some other major documents like birth certificates etc. Have had not issues till now. Got our receipt notices for 485, AP & EAD. Also got our EADs pretty quickly.
Wondering whether one can mail in the missing docs (including medical) with the 485 receipt instead of waiting for the RFE. Any ideas?
Wondering whether one can mail in the missing docs (including medical) with the 485 receipt instead of waiting for the RFE. Any ideas?
more...
sdeshpan
07-10 04:29 PM
Wow, surprisingly the Eb-2 dates have moved ahead by 2 yrs!! I have a feeling they will go back to 2000 next month :p
hair Quotes of Heartbreak
jnraajan
03-28 12:03 PM
When you search by Nationality, it doesnt return any results.
Once you search by Category (EB), it returns results, but then when you try to sort by a column heard, it loses this restriction.
Also, the sorting doesnt seem to work.
Once you search by Category (EB), it returns results, but then when you try to sort by a column heard, it loses this restriction.
Also, the sorting doesnt seem to work.
more...
TigerAmit
09-23 03:07 PM
Dear Guru's
I got rejection notice from TSC for a valid I-485 application stating that "A Visa number is not available at the present time".
However, I have two I-140 approved one in EB3 with 10-Nov-2004 as PD and another I-140 in EB2 category with 10-Aug-2007 as PD.
It is evident that Based on 10-Nov-2004 my PD is current and my application highlighted the same in bright cover sheet and my application still got rejected.
based on notice we filed the same application back and this time CC'd to ombudsman emphasizing the same fact for PD.
Its been a week we respond to rejection notice and haven't got either acceptance or rejection letter. and haven't heard back from ombudsman.
I am optimistic and would wait to get the response but I am worried since only 5 business days left before the dates get retrogressed.
I would like to know what actions do I need to take "while the date is current"; so that I can pursue my case further after 9/30/2008.
Is there anyway I can talk to ombudsman office and get personal attention to my case.
Guru's please help me out with your experience and ideas.
I got rejection notice from TSC for a valid I-485 application stating that "A Visa number is not available at the present time".
However, I have two I-140 approved one in EB3 with 10-Nov-2004 as PD and another I-140 in EB2 category with 10-Aug-2007 as PD.
It is evident that Based on 10-Nov-2004 my PD is current and my application highlighted the same in bright cover sheet and my application still got rejected.
based on notice we filed the same application back and this time CC'd to ombudsman emphasizing the same fact for PD.
Its been a week we respond to rejection notice and haven't got either acceptance or rejection letter. and haven't heard back from ombudsman.
I am optimistic and would wait to get the response but I am worried since only 5 business days left before the dates get retrogressed.
I would like to know what actions do I need to take "while the date is current"; so that I can pursue my case further after 9/30/2008.
Is there anyway I can talk to ombudsman office and get personal attention to my case.
Guru's please help me out with your experience and ideas.
hot quotes about heartbreak and
newuser
07-11 02:30 PM
Count me in. Just sent a PM
more...
house (Heartbreak Quotes by )
marwan234
08-06 12:23 PM
:eek: I-140 application, page3, under paragraph Copies: "Copies may be submitted of all documentation with the exception of the Labor Certification which must be submitted in the original".
:D
:D
tattoo (Love/Heartbreak Quotes).
statuslaw
01-22 06:03 PM
Thanks, singhv_1980!
My job is related to research in chemical engineering. Do you mean my name check or security check was already done? How long to wait for PIMS verifications?
There is a possibility that you are also stuck in PIMS verifications. There is a whole bunch of threads going on with the topic. I believe security checks are done if your job profile is sensitive (like semi conductors, nuclear ).
Good Luck!
My job is related to research in chemical engineering. Do you mean my name check or security check was already done? How long to wait for PIMS verifications?
There is a possibility that you are also stuck in PIMS verifications. There is a whole bunch of threads going on with the topic. I believe security checks are done if your job profile is sensitive (like semi conductors, nuclear ).
Good Luck!
more...
pictures heartbreak, love, magic, pain,
vdlrao
04-08 02:54 PM
On Page 3 they say total Employement based preferences number was 162,176
Than on page 6 they say total Employement based preferences number was 147,148
147,148 is the limit for EB category where as 162,176 are actual issued visa numbers for fiscal year 2007
Than on page 6 they say total Employement based preferences number was 147,148
147,148 is the limit for EB category where as 162,176 are actual issued visa numbers for fiscal year 2007
dresses love heartbreak
gimme Green!!
07-04 10:05 PM
Please, stop rubbing salt on our wounds:mad:
I am surprised by your comment.
Congrats to ll those who got I-485 approved.
I am surprised by your comment.
Congrats to ll those who got I-485 approved.
more...
makeup quotes about heartbreak
Pineapple
12-26 01:05 PM
Given that many have spent 10 years, or almost a third of their lives here, they can hardly be called "aliens". Also, given that nothing is permanent, I propose the following term:
Non-permanent, resident, non-alien :D
Non-permanent, resident, non-alien :D
girlfriend quotes about heartbreak.
prasadn
01-07 07:20 PM
Probably I did not make myself clear .
I don't care about any in-state tution or financial assistance .
My question is, is it possible to even file for COS from H4 to F1 after getting F1 denied in India .
Here is the timeline
Nov 2010 - COS from H4 to F1 approved in US.
Dec 2010 - Went to india for F1 Stamping and it was denied.
Jan 2011 - Came to US on H4 visa .
Now is it possible to apply for COS to F1 again ? . Will the F1 denial in India have any impact on COS to F1 processing ?
Yes, you can. Since the person is already in the US, this should not be a problem. One of my friend's wife lost her H-1 job, applied for a school here, got her I-20 and went to India for F-1 stamping. When it got denied, she applied for F-2 visa (as my friend was in F-1), and then after coming back to US, changed back to F-1 and went to school. Then she found a job on OPT and now is back on H-1.
"Status" and "visa" are two different things. A "visa" is only required for entry to the US.
I am not sure if the earlier denial of visa stamping will have an affect on a COS application.
I don't care about any in-state tution or financial assistance .
My question is, is it possible to even file for COS from H4 to F1 after getting F1 denied in India .
Here is the timeline
Nov 2010 - COS from H4 to F1 approved in US.
Dec 2010 - Went to india for F1 Stamping and it was denied.
Jan 2011 - Came to US on H4 visa .
Now is it possible to apply for COS to F1 again ? . Will the F1 denial in India have any impact on COS to F1 processing ?
Yes, you can. Since the person is already in the US, this should not be a problem. One of my friend's wife lost her H-1 job, applied for a school here, got her I-20 and went to India for F-1 stamping. When it got denied, she applied for F-2 visa (as my friend was in F-1), and then after coming back to US, changed back to F-1 and went to school. Then she found a job on OPT and now is back on H-1.
"Status" and "visa" are two different things. A "visa" is only required for entry to the US.
I am not sure if the earlier denial of visa stamping will have an affect on a COS application.
hairstyles heartbreak, love, quotes
yjprakash
10-11 05:42 PM
I applied for EAD renewal on 07/15. and on sept 30 I called Customer service and yesterday I got a letter that say
"Our records indicate your application for employment authorization document was mailed on August 19, 2008. please check with local post office."
I dont understand what it means because it says they mailed my "application for EAD". It should be like "approval" or some thing like that right?
My online status & customer service automated system says that it was in processing. I dont understand this.
I am going to call Customer service again tomorrow.If any body knows what above sentence means please let me know.
btw, My wife EAD was approved on Aug 15th. She also applied same day.
"Our records indicate your application for employment authorization document was mailed on August 19, 2008. please check with local post office."
I dont understand what it means because it says they mailed my "application for EAD". It should be like "approval" or some thing like that right?
My online status & customer service automated system says that it was in processing. I dont understand this.
I am going to call Customer service again tomorrow.If any body knows what above sentence means please let me know.
btw, My wife EAD was approved on Aug 15th. She also applied same day.
sbmallik
06-24 10:18 AM
Yes, I would attempt Premium Processing on the pending I-140 first so that I can invoke AC21. I never heard of anyone's GC process jeopardized due to H-1B denial.
learning01
05-10 11:48 AM
immi2006
That's what we need to do in these forums.
You see, I tried to follow the second link; it didn't work. I tried the first link. It took me to a web site that is totally disorganized and poorly built; I dont have time to navigate and see what you posted about.
After this second corrected post, I follow the link. It is NOT about the CIR and the logjam; it is an attempt to arrive at an agreement to have a working methodology to verify and check illegal immigrants.
Hence, my title: please read and post your opinion, instead of just posting thie links or the story.
That's what we need to do in these forums.
You see, I tried to follow the second link; it didn't work. I tried the first link. It took me to a web site that is totally disorganized and poorly built; I dont have time to navigate and see what you posted about.
After this second corrected post, I follow the link. It is NOT about the CIR and the logjam; it is an attempt to arrive at an agreement to have a working methodology to verify and check illegal immigrants.
Hence, my title: please read and post your opinion, instead of just posting thie links or the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment