kumar1
02-13 03:37 PM
I have a feeling that most of the people on this forum would directly get senior citizenship in this country.
wallpaper sister in law birthday

wandmaker
02-18 01:08 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, Krishna. I would infact get paid in INR in an Indian account. But what do we do when we file our taxes? When my husband files as "married filed jointly", do we declare this income? Do you have any inputs on that.
I assume, You will have to report the income earned through foreign sources only if you are not paying taxes overseas. To get a better clarification, just consult a CPA
I assume, You will have to report the income earned through foreign sources only if you are not paying taxes overseas. To get a better clarification, just consult a CPA
HawaldarNaik
12-17 04:42 PM
Also after the Visa Bullietin, India beat England with some great cricket in the last two days and Pakistan continues to ask for evidence in the Mumbai Blasts.....(sic) .......let me know if u need more updates....cause u seem to have missed quiet a lot....
2011 birthday poems for sister.
paskal
06-24 10:00 PM
i think you mean I-864
correct me if i'm wrong but we do not need to file this form, read the instructions on this link on who needs to file this form, an EB petitioner is not mentioned anywhere i can find:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864.pdf
I-485 instructions are very clear on who needs the I-865 form.
the documentary needs are very simple, in fact, the form is so damn simple i'm wondering why i'm paying sooooo much to my attorney.
NO tax forms are needed per my reading, check for yourself.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf
correct me if i'm wrong but we do not need to file this form, read the instructions on this link on who needs to file this form, an EB petitioner is not mentioned anywhere i can find:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864.pdf
I-485 instructions are very clear on who needs the I-865 form.
the documentary needs are very simple, in fact, the form is so damn simple i'm wondering why i'm paying sooooo much to my attorney.
NO tax forms are needed per my reading, check for yourself.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf
more...
desibechara
09-22 07:48 PM
hi:
I am not on I140 now but in my situation ( whenever that comes, if that comes!)..I have been working for my current emplyer for 7 years and if I were to file I140 tomorrow :) ..am I supposed to look & get the job experience from soebody I worked around 7 years ago...they don't even remember me!
my situation- labor filed Oct 2001( after 9/11 happened, I could have applied earlier but for my stupidity!)..(my attorney filed in EB3 ..and I do not know why..)..and I am stuck in the mud now...
please let me know...because I will have to really folow up on them..
Sandeep
I am not on I140 now but in my situation ( whenever that comes, if that comes!)..I have been working for my current emplyer for 7 years and if I were to file I140 tomorrow :) ..am I supposed to look & get the job experience from soebody I worked around 7 years ago...they don't even remember me!
my situation- labor filed Oct 2001( after 9/11 happened, I could have applied earlier but for my stupidity!)..(my attorney filed in EB3 ..and I do not know why..)..and I am stuck in the mud now...
please let me know...because I will have to really folow up on them..
Sandeep
abhay
01-19 09:40 PM
Hi All
Mine is EB2 Category, On May 18th 2009 USCIS sent an RFE and my case status on USCIS website changed to this
"On May 18, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."
My Lawyer submitted the response for RFE with in 30 days (Sometimes in June before June 18th). My online status never changed and my lawyer assured that she has signature proof of receipt from FedEx, After 60 days, after pressure from me her paralegal sent an email to me Saying that she spoke with some one named XYZ from Texas Service center and he said that they have received the response, I waited until December and the status still not changed so I decided to call USCIS, they opened case for me on Dec 10th since it was outside processing time, and on Jan 17th 2010, I received a letter from USCIS with the reulst of investigation and it said+
"Status of this service request is:
The TSC has not received your response as of to date.
XM271"
I panicked and wrote an email to my lawyer and he said that
They just looked on the online status for your letter and Please be careful not to do separate inquiries apart from the lawyer as they now might not allow the lawyer to get case update for you. It is important to have on channel for updates since files get moved around and can get lost. If you wanted us to do the inquiries, please let us know and we can see if they will still let us. we are sure everything is fine as we have confirmation they got the response. We charge hourly at $250 per hour for time spent on the case beyond an initial inquiry."
I am going to contact my employer and express my concerns and see what they can do.
My questions are
Does the online status never get updated sometimes?
Does contacting USCIS directly creates problems for contacting USCIS on my behalf?
Any suggestion for me how to proceed with this?
How do I get the online status changed?
Thanks for all your help.
Regards
Abhay
Mine is EB2 Category, On May 18th 2009 USCIS sent an RFE and my case status on USCIS website changed to this
"On May 18, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."
My Lawyer submitted the response for RFE with in 30 days (Sometimes in June before June 18th). My online status never changed and my lawyer assured that she has signature proof of receipt from FedEx, After 60 days, after pressure from me her paralegal sent an email to me Saying that she spoke with some one named XYZ from Texas Service center and he said that they have received the response, I waited until December and the status still not changed so I decided to call USCIS, they opened case for me on Dec 10th since it was outside processing time, and on Jan 17th 2010, I received a letter from USCIS with the reulst of investigation and it said+
"Status of this service request is:
The TSC has not received your response as of to date.
XM271"
I panicked and wrote an email to my lawyer and he said that
They just looked on the online status for your letter and Please be careful not to do separate inquiries apart from the lawyer as they now might not allow the lawyer to get case update for you. It is important to have on channel for updates since files get moved around and can get lost. If you wanted us to do the inquiries, please let us know and we can see if they will still let us. we are sure everything is fine as we have confirmation they got the response. We charge hourly at $250 per hour for time spent on the case beyond an initial inquiry."
I am going to contact my employer and express my concerns and see what they can do.
My questions are
Does the online status never get updated sometimes?
Does contacting USCIS directly creates problems for contacting USCIS on my behalf?
Any suggestion for me how to proceed with this?
How do I get the online status changed?
Thanks for all your help.
Regards
Abhay
more...
xstal
01-22 05:18 PM
See this link http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/cbo_30sept08.pdf
See Q.18. I think your case is one of the TSC-VSC-TSC or NSC-CSC-NSC transfers. Your attorney needs to follow up with USCIS and USCIS will issue new receipts with the correct receipt dates. Contrary to earlier post, cases are processed per receipt dates, not notice dates. Check your latest 485 receipts for the dates.
"18.Question: There are I-140 and I-485 cases that were originally filed TSC, then transferred to VSC, then transferred back to TSC 3 months later. As a result of the transfer, the original receipt date was replaced with the date of last transfer which is 3 months behind. This causes such cases behind the current processing dates at TSC. What could TSC do to pull those cases forward in the line of cases waiting for processing to correct the problem?
Response: Cases should always retain their original receipt date. If you are aware of cases that lost that date because of work flow transfers, please let us know so we can correct the problem."
per my OP, my physical receipt said my "RECEIPT date" is July 30th.
but the ONLINE status said "it was RECEIVED on Sept 5th"\
I was mainly concern about the wording on the online statis "received on..."
how did you determine I was a NSC-CSC-NSC transfer case from that?
I am a little confused here.
thank you very much
See Q.18. I think your case is one of the TSC-VSC-TSC or NSC-CSC-NSC transfers. Your attorney needs to follow up with USCIS and USCIS will issue new receipts with the correct receipt dates. Contrary to earlier post, cases are processed per receipt dates, not notice dates. Check your latest 485 receipts for the dates.
"18.Question: There are I-140 and I-485 cases that were originally filed TSC, then transferred to VSC, then transferred back to TSC 3 months later. As a result of the transfer, the original receipt date was replaced with the date of last transfer which is 3 months behind. This causes such cases behind the current processing dates at TSC. What could TSC do to pull those cases forward in the line of cases waiting for processing to correct the problem?
Response: Cases should always retain their original receipt date. If you are aware of cases that lost that date because of work flow transfers, please let us know so we can correct the problem."
per my OP, my physical receipt said my "RECEIPT date" is July 30th.
but the ONLINE status said "it was RECEIVED on Sept 5th"\
I was mainly concern about the wording on the online statis "received on..."
how did you determine I was a NSC-CSC-NSC transfer case from that?
I am a little confused here.
thank you very much
2010 sister in law poem
dhesha
04-18 06:32 PM
Nice talking to you, and thanks much for your guidance, help, and time Chandu. The short phone conversation with you was quite informative and helpful. Thanks to IV for your initiatives to help the members who are in trouble with immigration matters.
Thanks.
Many of us can run into these situations since we all have a long long way to go for our GCs, it will be helpful if this great secret information can be put in here so that all of us already know what to do when we hit this issue.
Thanks.
Many of us can run into these situations since we all have a long long way to go for our GCs, it will be helpful if this great secret information can be put in here so that all of us already know what to do when we hit this issue.
more...

reverendflash
10-21 03:46 AM
Yeah, if I had anything but a 9pin dot matrix printer I could have made the heart red (lol - it took me a heck of a long time to make it even semi-resemble a heart) :P
used up 1/2 a ribbon to print... :P
funny, I hadn't thought of that in years... that was right before the end... :-\
Rev:elderly:
used up 1/2 a ribbon to print... :P
funny, I hadn't thought of that in years... that was right before the end... :-\
Rev:elderly:
hair sister quotes and poems.
missourian
06-25 11:11 AM
My case my company pays $325 for both(me and spouse)
$70 * 2 (Finger Print)
$170* 2
$180 * 2
I have take care of it, plus I have already spent around $700 for medical, there is no lawer fees though
$70 * 2 (Finger Print)
$170* 2
$180 * 2
I have take care of it, plus I have already spent around $700 for medical, there is no lawer fees though
more...
venky08
12-20 11:51 AM
the way i did it is i applied over internet using online AR-11 form. I did not apply by mail. Then, the next day, I called my lawyer's office and told them to contact USCIS to make them aware that my address has been changed on the petitions that are under consideration. For the people who use the online change of address path, i think everybody should know that there is more to it than just hitting submit button to AR-11. It then takes you further to ask whether do you have any pending petitions with USCIS. then you are supposed to say yes (if you do) and then it will take you to a screen where you provide your case numbers etc. however I couldnt get to that step due to some glitch so i decided to call my lawyer's office to have them finish that step. They simply called and informed USCIS of the address change.
hope this helps.
Did you apply online or thru regular mail? Also, if you sent regular mail, was it certified mail or just regular first-class mail?
hope this helps.
Did you apply online or thru regular mail? Also, if you sent regular mail, was it certified mail or just regular first-class mail?
hot best ecards for sister in law

ak_2006
07-08 04:38 PM
If Priority date is usable even though I-140 revoked by the employer......this looks fantastic option to join new job where we can get Eb2 process.
more...
house birthday poems for sister.
desi485
11-11 01:04 PM
Priority Date Current: Curse or Boon ?
I am EB3 India applicant with PD of August 2001 (own not substitution). Have I 140 approved since November 2005 but was only able to file I 485 in June 2007. With same employer for 10 yrs and on 9th yr of H1.
Earlier this year my PD was correct for 2 months but didnt hear anything from USCIS. My PD is current again this Nov and Dec and havent heard anything yet. Called USCIS customer svc and they said cant do anything as processing date is not current (Yes and they are going by Notice date and not Received date for service request). Lawyer says just stay cool and wait. So USCIS has no logic and no order and all we can do is wait for our stars to be aligned and case getting picked up in a sweep. Other than that being current is a curse rather than a boon because
You can not get 3 yr H1 extension if PD is current (only 1 yr).
You can not get 2 yrs EAD if PD is current.
So those dying for PD to be current think again. Its no use having PD current if USCIS is going to be so random and haphazard. It may turn out to be a curse.
Read somewhere that AC21 can not be (or not advisable to) used when PD is current. Not sure how far is this true.
edit: Found one link: Portability Applies to I-485 Applicant without Current Priority Date
(http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0321-murthy.shtm)
I am EB3 India applicant with PD of August 2001 (own not substitution). Have I 140 approved since November 2005 but was only able to file I 485 in June 2007. With same employer for 10 yrs and on 9th yr of H1.
Earlier this year my PD was correct for 2 months but didnt hear anything from USCIS. My PD is current again this Nov and Dec and havent heard anything yet. Called USCIS customer svc and they said cant do anything as processing date is not current (Yes and they are going by Notice date and not Received date for service request). Lawyer says just stay cool and wait. So USCIS has no logic and no order and all we can do is wait for our stars to be aligned and case getting picked up in a sweep. Other than that being current is a curse rather than a boon because
You can not get 3 yr H1 extension if PD is current (only 1 yr).
You can not get 2 yrs EAD if PD is current.
So those dying for PD to be current think again. Its no use having PD current if USCIS is going to be so random and haphazard. It may turn out to be a curse.
Read somewhere that AC21 can not be (or not advisable to) used when PD is current. Not sure how far is this true.
edit: Found one link: Portability Applies to I-485 Applicant without Current Priority Date
(http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0321-murthy.shtm)
tattoo irthday poems for sister

questions
06-10 10:07 AM
Get a good lawyer and ask them to file a Nunc Pro Tunc. Since you are under 6 months it shouldn't be a big deal.
-Sri
Hi Sri,
thanks for helping out. What is a nunc pro tunc and what will it do for me? Does this need to be filed by a lawyer?
-Sri
Hi Sri,
thanks for helping out. What is a nunc pro tunc and what will it do for me? Does this need to be filed by a lawyer?
more...
pictures A knitted poem project
priderock
05-02 12:46 AM
Link : (http://judiciary.house.gov/media/pdfs/Kaplan070501.pdf)
Very interesting read.
Very interesting read.
dresses Stacia, my sister-in-law,
solaris27
01-25 07:03 PM
yes we can just pray
more...
makeup This month my sister-in-law
akhilmahajan
02-04 11:06 AM
Yes i did. It was the same way for my dad when i was on H-1B.
I sent him the copies of my 140, 485, and EAD and also an employment letter from my new employer , as i have used AC-21.
He was asked what i am doing and he told them i am working for XYX company and has also filed his GC. The office said all the best to him and granted my dad a 10 year multiple visa. If you have any questions, please send me a message.
I hope this helps.
GO IV GO. TOGETHER WE CAN.
I sent him the copies of my 140, 485, and EAD and also an employment letter from my new employer , as i have used AC-21.
He was asked what i am doing and he told them i am working for XYX company and has also filed his GC. The office said all the best to him and granted my dad a 10 year multiple visa. If you have any questions, please send me a message.
I hope this helps.
GO IV GO. TOGETHER WE CAN.
girlfriend birthday poems for sister
lecter
November 30th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Owen, enjoy! It's a nice beasty.
hairstyles birthday poems for sister.
desixp
03-22 12:24 AM
Tragic accident in MO. My heartfelt sympathies to the families.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090321/ap_on_re_us/mo_officer_fatal_accident
DesiXP
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090321/ap_on_re_us/mo_officer_fatal_accident
DesiXP
jest_1
08-12 06:05 PM
thanks for the answers guys. So does USCIS question about the out of status issue before the last re-entry/485 filing during I-485 adjudication ? Any idea about whether they approve/deny petitions based on this scenario ?
ksnewyork
07-17 06:35 PM
not as long as I see it on USCIS website..
Thisis Murthy website...
It is on the uscis website under August bulletin.
"D. JULY EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA AVAILABILITY
After consulting with Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Visa Office advises readers that Visa Bulletin #107 (dated June 12) should be relied upon as the current July Visa Bulletin for purposes of determining Employment visa number availability, and that Visa Bulletin #108 (dated July 2) is hereby withdrawn. "
Thisis Murthy website...
It is on the uscis website under August bulletin.
"D. JULY EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA AVAILABILITY
After consulting with Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Visa Office advises readers that Visa Bulletin #107 (dated June 12) should be relied upon as the current July Visa Bulletin for purposes of determining Employment visa number availability, and that Visa Bulletin #108 (dated July 2) is hereby withdrawn. "
No comments:
Post a Comment