cayley
Apr 3, 02:46 PM
What are some good Go clients/servers?
roxor
Apr 4, 08:33 AM
Hi,
I know there are many threads on it. But nowhere have I been able to find a clear answer as to whether it is possible or not to perform the following:
- I have an internet box from which I get the connection to Internet
- I have a third-party (Linksys) router that does my routing and my wifi
- My home is built in a way so that I cannot get wifi everywhere (possibly because the Linksys has crappy range), though I think one extra spot would help
Can I use an Airport Express device to extend my Linksys' wifi coverage?
Many threads exist but all contradict on whether it is possible or not to extend non-Apple-based networks with an Apple device.
If not, does the following architecture work?:
- Linksys still there to be doing my wired-ethernet routing
- One Airport Express device plugged to the switch of the Linksys and that delivers wifi
- A second Airport Express plugged in another room that only extends wifi provided by the first one
If this still is not possible, what would be? By now, if you're still reading, you must have gotten a clue of what I am trying to achieve ;)
The thing I'd like to avoid is to have to replace the Linksys by the Airport Extreme that could do my wired-Ethernet routing and still have to get an express one for range extension...
Thank you.
I know there are many threads on it. But nowhere have I been able to find a clear answer as to whether it is possible or not to perform the following:
- I have an internet box from which I get the connection to Internet
- I have a third-party (Linksys) router that does my routing and my wifi
- My home is built in a way so that I cannot get wifi everywhere (possibly because the Linksys has crappy range), though I think one extra spot would help
Can I use an Airport Express device to extend my Linksys' wifi coverage?
Many threads exist but all contradict on whether it is possible or not to extend non-Apple-based networks with an Apple device.
If not, does the following architecture work?:
- Linksys still there to be doing my wired-ethernet routing
- One Airport Express device plugged to the switch of the Linksys and that delivers wifi
- A second Airport Express plugged in another room that only extends wifi provided by the first one
If this still is not possible, what would be? By now, if you're still reading, you must have gotten a clue of what I am trying to achieve ;)
The thing I'd like to avoid is to have to replace the Linksys by the Airport Extreme that could do my wired-Ethernet routing and still have to get an express one for range extension...
Thank you.
PinkyMacGodess
May 6, 07:50 PM
The problem is the potential scattering of files and the date/revisions getting confused.
You could do a VPN with remote access when you are on the MBP and then have the files local when you get back to the home network. Although a VPN can be blocked by firewalls and are heavily (obviously) on the network speed.
I'll be interested to hear what other people have to say in response to your query...
You could do a VPN with remote access when you are on the MBP and then have the files local when you get back to the home network. Although a VPN can be blocked by firewalls and are heavily (obviously) on the network speed.
I'll be interested to hear what other people have to say in response to your query...
Mord
Dec 22, 06:09 PM
mac mini's are cheaper and faster than mini ITX pc's so they have taken over their market, a G4 obliterates a VIA cpu.
more...
Pine Pienaar
Oct 20, 02:07 AM
Just less than 1MB for me.
I like updates for Mac OS X.
I thought that Mac OS is immune to security threats?
I like updates for Mac OS X.
I thought that Mac OS is immune to security threats?
balamw
Apr 12, 07:28 AM
I would like to create a simple iphone app for my sports team
Why not just make a website?
Agreed, I had missed what the app was about. I don't see anything in the desired feature list that can't be implemented as a plain old mobile-optimized website. Basically all a native app would be doing anyway is retrieving that information from the web and displaying it in a webview.
If you need a book to point you in the right direction, pick up Programming the Mobile Web (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596807795). Apple also has some resources of their own here: http://www.apple.com/webapps/
B
Why not just make a website?
Agreed, I had missed what the app was about. I don't see anything in the desired feature list that can't be implemented as a plain old mobile-optimized website. Basically all a native app would be doing anyway is retrieving that information from the web and displaying it in a webview.
If you need a book to point you in the right direction, pick up Programming the Mobile Web (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596807795). Apple also has some resources of their own here: http://www.apple.com/webapps/
B
more...
LarryC
Apr 25, 11:21 PM
2011 Mac Mini and MacBook Coming Soon; Supply Shortages Hit European Apple Stores (Updated)
http://www.applebitch.com/2011/04/23/2011-mac-mini-and-macbook-coming-soon-supply-shortages-hit-european-apple-stores/
http://www.applebitch.com/2011/04/23/2011-mac-mini-and-macbook-coming-soon-supply-shortages-hit-european-apple-stores/
Blues003
Apr 25, 06:28 AM
A MBA with SandyBridge and 8GB of ram would be a really nice machine
Thing is, SandyBridge comes with slightly worse graphics. Would worse graphics affect music-creating software? I heard Garageband is GPU-intensive. Not so sure about Logic Pro.
Thing is, SandyBridge comes with slightly worse graphics. Would worse graphics affect music-creating software? I heard Garageband is GPU-intensive. Not so sure about Logic Pro.
more...
DoghouseMike
Feb 14, 08:01 AM
Doesn't PDANet let you share the iPhone's internet connection over wifi? So the point of it on an ipod would be????
sharkync
Oct 18, 03:30 PM
Might want to try G.E.M.M. The biggest selection "on the Planet." Haven't purchased cds from them but have purchased numerous vinyl and the grading condition is spot on.
more...
abz786
Jul 25, 04:58 PM
hahah i just might do the overnight thing! thats taking a big risk of going that late to an apple store, might be at the back of the line LOL!!! most apple stores online are updating to reflect an 8am open on friday, so waiting for Canada's store to say that too :-) Maybe even a reserve as well...
Doctor Q
Jun 19, 12:05 PM
Member Angelchild: Static Avatar with command keyhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/829682.jpg
Member Animalk: Road Signhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/450781.png
Member anschris: Hi! I'm a Mac Rumor and Search Warranthttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/606530.jpg http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/492309.jpg
Member BeyondtheTech: Escape from Windowshttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/594819.gif
Member cambookpro: Flash and MacRumors 10 Million iPhone Iconhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/529198.jpg http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/184026.jpg
Member chaosbunny: MacRumors Stencil - animatedhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/853938.gif
Member ComputersaysNo: chinese counterfeit and How to lose a phonehttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/589637.gif http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/269547.gif
Member crunch2010: http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/icons/icon2.gif Annoying Windows (Animated GIF Avatar)http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/201217.gif
Member dmmcintyre3: What is needed to fake a rumor?http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/464051.png
Member harry*333: the real question is "what would steven do?"http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/323062.jpg
Member Hellhammer: Horatio urges you to participate!http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/371251.gif
Member HK6: MacRumorshttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/922361.png
Member hobbbz: MR 10m classic and Unibody MacRumorshttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/952826.png http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/412024.png
Member jdl8422: The Winning Entry! :)http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/612409.jpg
Member lukefinch: My Entry - Simple MacRumors Theme and http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/icons/icon3.gif My Second Entry - Another Simple MacRumors Theme and http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/icons/icon10.gif Home Is Where The Rumors Arehttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/147803.gif http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/001621.gif http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/190217.gif
Member Macintosh Sauce: Avatarhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/226745.png
Member markm49uk: Well it did generate a LOT of traffic for MR...http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/635606.jpg
Member mflorer: Check it out! What do you think? and This one is betterhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/539189.jpg http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/310553.jpg
Member newteker: 10 to the seventh avatarhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/966992.jpg
Member ngenerator: To Do Listhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/207844.png
Member niuniu: I have a plan. We will take over the internet.http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/073499.gif
Member Peace: Static MR 10M and Animated MR 10M and Animated iPad/iPhone 10M. Last shot at this !!http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/530220.gif http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/509646.gif http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/650119.gif
Member roadbloc: Padlock MacRumourshttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/601819.png
Member skikid419: Article Image Mosaichttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/973785.png
Member Smatts123: http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/icons/icon2.gif AVATAR: Steve's Thoughts on FLASHhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/378278.gif
Member Smoljan: Applehttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/514924.jpg
Member solarthecat: MacRumors 10/7http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/179397.gif
Member Speedy Dingo: App button design entryhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/600592.gif
Member sphoenix: Will It Blend? That is the question.http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/904089.jpg
Member themoonisdown09: Steve as themoonisdown09http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/935658.png
Member TheSlush: Spec?ulate and Go Home and Refreshed MacRumors Logo Design and Made for MacRumors and FakeFakeFakeFake REAL FakeFakeFakeFake REAL FakeFakeFakeFake REALhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/553586.gif http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/087664.gif http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/104501.gif http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/184687.gif http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/492848.gif
Member unid: parked (anim gif version) and MR crore (static)http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/820951.gif http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/662544.jpg
Member UTclassof89: Missing brainhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/430587.gif
Member xUKHCx: What everyone wantshttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/725512.png
Member Animalk: Road Signhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/450781.png
Member anschris: Hi! I'm a Mac Rumor and Search Warranthttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/606530.jpg http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/492309.jpg
Member BeyondtheTech: Escape from Windowshttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/594819.gif
Member cambookpro: Flash and MacRumors 10 Million iPhone Iconhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/529198.jpg http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/184026.jpg
Member chaosbunny: MacRumors Stencil - animatedhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/853938.gif
Member ComputersaysNo: chinese counterfeit and How to lose a phonehttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/589637.gif http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/269547.gif
Member crunch2010: http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/icons/icon2.gif Annoying Windows (Animated GIF Avatar)http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/201217.gif
Member dmmcintyre3: What is needed to fake a rumor?http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/464051.png
Member harry*333: the real question is "what would steven do?"http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/323062.jpg
Member Hellhammer: Horatio urges you to participate!http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/371251.gif
Member HK6: MacRumorshttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/922361.png
Member hobbbz: MR 10m classic and Unibody MacRumorshttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/952826.png http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/412024.png
Member jdl8422: The Winning Entry! :)http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/612409.jpg
Member lukefinch: My Entry - Simple MacRumors Theme and http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/icons/icon3.gif My Second Entry - Another Simple MacRumors Theme and http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/icons/icon10.gif Home Is Where The Rumors Arehttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/147803.gif http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/001621.gif http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/190217.gif
Member Macintosh Sauce: Avatarhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/226745.png
Member markm49uk: Well it did generate a LOT of traffic for MR...http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/635606.jpg
Member mflorer: Check it out! What do you think? and This one is betterhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/539189.jpg http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/310553.jpg
Member newteker: 10 to the seventh avatarhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/966992.jpg
Member ngenerator: To Do Listhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/207844.png
Member niuniu: I have a plan. We will take over the internet.http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/073499.gif
Member Peace: Static MR 10M and Animated MR 10M and Animated iPad/iPhone 10M. Last shot at this !!http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/530220.gif http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/509646.gif http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/650119.gif
Member roadbloc: Padlock MacRumourshttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/601819.png
Member skikid419: Article Image Mosaichttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/973785.png
Member Smatts123: http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/icons/icon2.gif AVATAR: Steve's Thoughts on FLASHhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/378278.gif
Member Smoljan: Applehttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/514924.jpg
Member solarthecat: MacRumors 10/7http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/179397.gif
Member Speedy Dingo: App button design entryhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/600592.gif
Member sphoenix: Will It Blend? That is the question.http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/904089.jpg
Member themoonisdown09: Steve as themoonisdown09http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/935658.png
Member TheSlush: Spec?ulate and Go Home and Refreshed MacRumors Logo Design and Made for MacRumors and FakeFakeFakeFake REAL FakeFakeFakeFake REAL FakeFakeFakeFake REALhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/553586.gif http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/087664.gif http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/104501.gif http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/184687.gif http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/492848.gif
Member unid: parked (anim gif version) and MR crore (static)http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/820951.gif http://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/662544.jpg
Member UTclassof89: Missing brainhttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/430587.gif
Member xUKHCx: What everyone wantshttp://images.macrumors.com/im/10mcontest/725512.png
more...
66775
Apr 27, 10:54 AM
by the way, I just ran a "fsck -fy" test and the msg was "The volume MacIntosh HD appears to be OK"
Please help :(
Please help :(
~Shard~
Dec 24, 12:52 AM
Very nice - this was overdue and definitely needed. I guess Apple is getting everything in order for all the new products they'll be unleashing in the upcoming months. Here's hoping the QC department at Apple didn't fall asleep though, so that these pages won't actually be required that often. If they are, Jobs will not be pleased... :eek: ;) :D
more...
maflynn
May 6, 08:29 AM
I'm getting ready to head to Florida with my kids and wife. I am so looking forward to this vacation.
I just totaled up my hours that I worked for the past two months. I've worked 7 days a week 70+ hours of work for the past 2 months. This week I've started working at 6:00am, and finishing up at 11:00pm (with a break for lunch and making dinner).
I just totaled up my hours that I worked for the past two months. I've worked 7 days a week 70+ hours of work for the past 2 months. This week I've started working at 6:00am, and finishing up at 11:00pm (with a break for lunch and making dinner).
mrapplegate
Apr 13, 04:47 PM
Like I said, unfortunately it may not be isolated to DP2 ... which is more annoying since that means it's probably an iTunes/iOS bug :(
Oh my bad, I thought it was only happening on your 10.7 machine. If it is happening on your other machines I would think an iTunes bug.
Oh my bad, I thought it was only happening on your 10.7 machine. If it is happening on your other machines I would think an iTunes bug.
more...
ubestbsteppin
Jun 18, 05:06 PM
Anyone going to Towsontown Center Apple Store?
Mtn Tamale
Oct 31, 12:43 AM
Prior to this G5 I'd primarily used laptops for years. Particularly like the ALPowerbook keyboard for feel. Can't stand the normal Apple keyboards, or any normal ones really. Got the icekey maybe 1 month ago. I absolutely love it. And you don't have that issue...the only one...with the Powerbook when you are typing in Word, and go to hit the right shift key, hit the up button, and delete the last line or two...hate that...have to undo quickly. Not a problem with the bigger Icekey keyboard.
sikkinixx
Mar 26, 08:57 PM
how much time are we talking and when do you start? I have another 3 weeks in my semester but then I am free. And I have quite the soft spot for 2D sprite-esc gaming.
Detosx
Feb 21, 06:15 AM
Not with holy water, I hope.Thanks, torbjoern, as we know all computers raise concerns but less so Macs, your holy water comment made me laugh! I hope Steve is receiving blessings and good care and he is in my thoughts and prayers.
I ran some technical inquiries past OWC and found them helpful. It is a pity they don't have a store in the UK. Unless I am wrong on this and I don't know about the Mini, Samsung (and possibly Hynix) seem to be the only wholly reliable brand at 16GB in the 2010 iMac, which further cements my generally good view of Samsung. I will probably have to order from OWC and absorb the shipping/customs.
I ran some technical inquiries past OWC and found them helpful. It is a pity they don't have a store in the UK. Unless I am wrong on this and I don't know about the Mini, Samsung (and possibly Hynix) seem to be the only wholly reliable brand at 16GB in the 2010 iMac, which further cements my generally good view of Samsung. I will probably have to order from OWC and absorb the shipping/customs.
Sir_Giggles
Dec 21, 10:38 AM
Thats probably the gayest trailer I have ever seen, save for the ending logo.
I was stupid enough to click on the 159MB trailer only to be treated to the lamest, overhyped nothing. I pity the fool who would download the 306MB version.
I was stupid enough to click on the 159MB trailer only to be treated to the lamest, overhyped nothing. I pity the fool who would download the 306MB version.
Koyder
Dec 21, 10:42 AM
I guess the Star Wars kid can now kiss the "2003's Lamest" award goodbye...
iamthemacgeek
Oct 19, 12:06 PM
I will be going to KOP. I am excited. My wife and I are also buying iPhones. WOOHOO!!!!
Dav1
Mar 26, 01:02 PM
Honestly, what are the biggest risks of JBing an iPad? As much as I want the benefits, I can't afford a new one if I were to do anything irreversible to this one.
The biggest risk is you'll follow the advise of a jerk that doesn't even have an iPad, and believes he has all the answers..., in my opinion.
The iPad depends on flash memory, and flash memory has a limited number of write cycles, there is always a possibility that any memory upgrade will brick your device, but Apple uses pretty darn good flash memory, and I've yet to do it in over four years of jail breaking...
I will acknowledge it is not for everyone, and there is some risk involved. I've been convinced that I've bricked my unit more than once, yet I've always managed to recover it. Part of that just depends on how stubborn one is. How well one can read and follow directions.
Ideally you have a friend who can help you jailbreak the first time, kind of walk you through it, but even without such a friend it is possible to do it without issues.
The biggest risk is you'll follow the advise of a jerk that doesn't even have an iPad, and believes he has all the answers..., in my opinion.
The iPad depends on flash memory, and flash memory has a limited number of write cycles, there is always a possibility that any memory upgrade will brick your device, but Apple uses pretty darn good flash memory, and I've yet to do it in over four years of jail breaking...
I will acknowledge it is not for everyone, and there is some risk involved. I've been convinced that I've bricked my unit more than once, yet I've always managed to recover it. Part of that just depends on how stubborn one is. How well one can read and follow directions.
Ideally you have a friend who can help you jailbreak the first time, kind of walk you through it, but even without such a friend it is possible to do it without issues.
No comments:
Post a Comment