
gc_chahiye
09-17 02:35 AM
I am working with Company B on H-1b. My GC labor, I-140, I-485 and EAD is filed by Company A. Now, I am close to getting EAD in few weeks. Few say that once EAD is approved, then I have start working for Company A immediately. Others say that GC and EAD is for future employment with Company A and hence, I should start working for Company A only after GC is approved.
So, I have two questions and need advice.
1. When should I start working for Company A, upon approval of EAD or approval of GC.
Ideally, I would like to start working for Company A upon approval of GC.
2. Even, if I want to transfer EAD to Company B, the job title differs as the job title on GC is more junior than the current role.
Please let me know if anyone has similar situation and need what the reality is when EAD is approved.
Thanks.
Kum25
you dont need to start working for the company that sponsored your GC until you get the GC. If USCIS ever sends an RFE that company needs to confirm to USCIS that the job offer is open to you and provide a copy of the offer letter (it should match the LC). Your intent to work for that company on getting a GC should also be obvious (ie. if you currently make 5X what that company is offering for the GC job, you might have to convince the IO that you really intend to take up that offer).
In the meantime you can do whatever you want at company B, either on H1 or on EAD.
So, I have two questions and need advice.
1. When should I start working for Company A, upon approval of EAD or approval of GC.
Ideally, I would like to start working for Company A upon approval of GC.
2. Even, if I want to transfer EAD to Company B, the job title differs as the job title on GC is more junior than the current role.
Please let me know if anyone has similar situation and need what the reality is when EAD is approved.
Thanks.
Kum25
you dont need to start working for the company that sponsored your GC until you get the GC. If USCIS ever sends an RFE that company needs to confirm to USCIS that the job offer is open to you and provide a copy of the offer letter (it should match the LC). Your intent to work for that company on getting a GC should also be obvious (ie. if you currently make 5X what that company is offering for the GC job, you might have to convince the IO that you really intend to take up that offer).
In the meantime you can do whatever you want at company B, either on H1 or on EAD.

wanna_immigrate
03-27 01:36 PM
Here is the link to the source of this article
http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB114341277438308548-lMyQjAxMDE2NDIzNzQyMTcyWj.html
http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB114341277438308548-lMyQjAxMDE2NDIzNzQyMTcyWj.html

smartboy75
06-27 04:37 PM
Just a thought....even if it is 1 year whats the difference...anyways since you have paid the new fees you don't have to pay it again next year for renewal....correct me if I am wrong ??
jgh_res
07-18 11:09 AM
You need to bump this thread zillion times, before you get like 100 contributions. People are busy filing for 485 now and later on busy waiting for ead's and later on busy getting their infopass appointments and the list goes on... forever.
^^
^^
more...
raviram1980
01-15 10:58 AM
Thanks a lot for your reply. Can I request the consulate here at New Delhi to give back my passport and I-797 which I submitted to them ?
Regards,
Ravi
Regards,
Ravi
ivgclive
02-25 10:13 AM
Still it can not beat the MAGIC "82" vs New Zealand, Auckland in 1993/94, that cranked up the run machine "SACHIN"
more...
makemygc
09-16 12:24 AM
4th thread by Chandu.......do administrators not monitor this?
Is andy garcia and andy_8214 the same? Just wondering:rolleyes:
Is andy garcia and andy_8214 the same? Just wondering:rolleyes:
pavish
09-12 11:12 PM
i had tb 5 years ago,and i am perfectly ok but in x-ray still has scars.what should i do?i have a lots of tention ?becoz in gc medical exam is compulsory .even though i am perfectly ok now still have scars.plz suggest me what should i do?
X Rays can differentiate between active TB and scarring. Scarring seen on X Rays will not hold up your GC application
X Rays can differentiate between active TB and scarring. Scarring seen on X Rays will not hold up your GC application
more...
gnutin
05-05 10:40 AM
I'm currently on h1b, with PERM approved and I-140 filing in progress.
At what stage of the green card process can I write iPhone Apps for the Apple App Store and accept payments for them?
I know I'm allowed to own a company but not take a salary on h1b. So would it be possible to incorporate a company and then let the money accumulate in company accounts until I get to the stage when I can accept payments? Can the company pay for development resources such as equipment and accessories needed for developing the Apps even if I don't take a salary?
At what stage of the green card process can I write iPhone Apps for the Apple App Store and accept payments for them?
I know I'm allowed to own a company but not take a salary on h1b. So would it be possible to incorporate a company and then let the money accumulate in company accounts until I get to the stage when I can accept payments? Can the company pay for development resources such as equipment and accessories needed for developing the Apps even if I don't take a salary?
saddaypally
09-30 10:34 PM
Hi All, I am on my H1B on the verge of my 5th year's expiration, in 3 weeks. My Labor was applied with Jan 2008 priority date and my Fragomen Attorney mentioned that as long as the labor was applied before the 5th year on H1B, I should be able to get 1 year extensions until my Labor gets approved. The issue is what happens if my Labor application gets screwed for some reason? I wouldn't be able to get extensions on H1B andhave to return home. To alleviate that situation, I was wondering if I could apply for another Labor through a 3rd party company as a future employee and depend on it if anything goes wrong with my Labor which is awaiting approval. I just heard from a consulting company that a clause has been added to the rule which permits companies to apply for Labor for candidates on a future employment basis and this would prevent them from applying for such cases. Is it true? I want to know my options to make necessary preperations in either case. Any insight on this issue would be very much helpful and appreciated.
Thanks,
Shravan
Thanks,
Shravan
more...
Wish_Good
06-30 01:08 PM
Hi,
I just checked online.. my status is showing follwoing message:
(This I-485 was a denied case earlier. But suddenly they Transferred my case in last month and now I see this status today).
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Case reopened or reconsidered based on USCIS determination, and the case is now pending.
We reopened this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS on June 29, 2009, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Our review should be completed within 30 days. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.
Can someone please shed some light on this.
I just checked online.. my status is showing follwoing message:
(This I-485 was a denied case earlier. But suddenly they Transferred my case in last month and now I see this status today).
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Case reopened or reconsidered based on USCIS determination, and the case is now pending.
We reopened this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS on June 29, 2009, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Our review should be completed within 30 days. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.
Can someone please shed some light on this.

Desi Unlucky
07-02 07:25 AM
I have recently spent 2 weeks in Chennai and my overall taxi experience has been very good being non Tamil speaking. All Taxis charge more when the starting point is Airport. That is inevitable. If it is just to drop them at the nearest hotel, ask them to approach the Govt Prepaid Taxi booth.
Govt's is cheaper compared to the private Taxis. Ofcourse the Govt only has Ambassadors as the Taxis. Do not expect the Taxis to be neat and clean like here. Expect broken handles.....There are 3 other private Taxi booths, of the private taxis Fasttrack seemed a little lesser compared to others, almost all private taxi rates are closer.
If they need the Taxi from hotel check out Fasttrack website and get teh phone no for Chennai. They have been pretty good an picking me on time, but make sure you reserve it well in advance (4-5 hrs). Whenever I called in the last minute, they were not on time.
I did stay at a hotel far from Airport - clsoer to work. So might not be useful to u.
Govt's is cheaper compared to the private Taxis. Ofcourse the Govt only has Ambassadors as the Taxis. Do not expect the Taxis to be neat and clean like here. Expect broken handles.....There are 3 other private Taxi booths, of the private taxis Fasttrack seemed a little lesser compared to others, almost all private taxi rates are closer.
If they need the Taxi from hotel check out Fasttrack website and get teh phone no for Chennai. They have been pretty good an picking me on time, but make sure you reserve it well in advance (4-5 hrs). Whenever I called in the last minute, they were not on time.
I did stay at a hotel far from Airport - clsoer to work. So might not be useful to u.
more...
ivgclive
05-10 01:15 PM
We are expecting some surprises in the July Bulletin. Remember July 2007 fiasco. This year also there are some situations like CIR as before. What about the expected spillover? However, can we expect positive surprises?
Let us start the prediction, analysis, etc, game for the July Bulletin.
June Bulletin will be history in few days! However, people are paying lawyers even for knowing why the visa bulletin hasn't come on the day they wished, in the first week of the month, even though it is supposed to be on 15th of every month.
May be they are going to audit your case along with 10 FBI agents.
Let us start the prediction, analysis, etc, game for the July Bulletin.
June Bulletin will be history in few days! However, people are paying lawyers even for knowing why the visa bulletin hasn't come on the day they wished, in the first week of the month, even though it is supposed to be on 15th of every month.
May be they are going to audit your case along with 10 FBI agents.
desi3933
07-10 09:29 PM
Any inputs on what to provide to HR or atleast how to explain that visa is not required, is appreciated.
Thanks.
Take printout of this page
USCIS - Employment Authorization (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=1847c9ee2f82b010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=1847c9ee2f82b010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD)
.
Thanks.
Take printout of this page
USCIS - Employment Authorization (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=1847c9ee2f82b010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=1847c9ee2f82b010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD)
.
more...
sparklinks
07-24 09:21 AM
can one ask NSC and see if they have cashed check > they should be able to tell us by our last , frist name, social security etc ?
Where is the link of USCIS memo which talks about following
"There was a memo from USCIS for in-time receipt compliance for I-485 ( along with other forms) for 8/1 supposedly for June filers."
I have called CIS 2 times, they told me to wait until Aug 2nd week.
Where is the link of USCIS memo which talks about following
"There was a memo from USCIS for in-time receipt compliance for I-485 ( along with other forms) for 8/1 supposedly for June filers."
I have called CIS 2 times, they told me to wait until Aug 2nd week.

BharatPremi
07-22 01:55 AM
My H1-B visa expired on June 16, 2007. Extension (I-129) has been filed in May 2007 (before expiration). It has not been approved yet. It's still pending. My LC has been approved on July 09, 2007 and my PD is April 2004. My question is: Can I file concurrently I-140 and I-485? Will my application be rejected or will an RFE be issued?
Thanks for your input.
Solong:confused:
Yes you can file your 485. Just tell your lawyer not to forget to attach the H1 extension application receipt.
Thanks for your input.
Solong:confused:
Yes you can file your 485. Just tell your lawyer not to forget to attach the H1 extension application receipt.
more...
mrane1
05-16 03:05 AM
I got my GC last year auguest but her gc/485 status is stil pending. Is it even possible based on her case was dependent on me? What can I do abt it. Thanks.
I got my GC in 2007... Both me and my wifes PD was aug 03... After 2 infopass appointments and a 1000 letters to president, senators and their chaprasis we gave up. She was current for most of this period. Then last month the GC was in the mail... just like that. So based on my experience, just sit back and relax... If its your wifes desitny to get it then she will.. :D
And here is a big joke... During my second infopass the officer said my wifes application had no connecting primary and a derivative cannot be approved on its own. I told him that the primary (mine) was approved over a year back. He said they must have moved your application... I immediately pictured a govt office in India with milions of files stored in the shelves... Long story short he took a copy of my GC and my 485 notice and said it was very strange and that my wife would receive her GC in the next 2 weeks... Nothing obviously happened after that!
I got my GC in 2007... Both me and my wifes PD was aug 03... After 2 infopass appointments and a 1000 letters to president, senators and their chaprasis we gave up. She was current for most of this period. Then last month the GC was in the mail... just like that. So based on my experience, just sit back and relax... If its your wifes desitny to get it then she will.. :D
And here is a big joke... During my second infopass the officer said my wifes application had no connecting primary and a derivative cannot be approved on its own. I told him that the primary (mine) was approved over a year back. He said they must have moved your application... I immediately pictured a govt office in India with milions of files stored in the shelves... Long story short he took a copy of my GC and my 485 notice and said it was very strange and that my wife would receive her GC in the next 2 weeks... Nothing obviously happened after that!
print0104
08-30 09:05 PM
um...but at the time my new employer offering me a position with an official offer letter, my current H1b status could be expired for over 3 to 4 months...(I am sure they want me to work for them since the partner there is my previous boss)
Shouldn't I take any action to protect my current H1b status???Like file a H1b transfer application which I know would definitely be rejected since I am unable to get a pay stub.
By the way, I didn't file I-140 or I-485 since my previous Labor Certificate is still in process for over 2 years (filed on July 2005)!!!Please consider these factors in my case~
Thank you guys~
Hello, guys, I really need your help~~
Is anybody here who could really analyse me situation???
Thank you so much~~
Shouldn't I take any action to protect my current H1b status???Like file a H1b transfer application which I know would definitely be rejected since I am unable to get a pay stub.
By the way, I didn't file I-140 or I-485 since my previous Labor Certificate is still in process for over 2 years (filed on July 2005)!!!Please consider these factors in my case~
Thank you guys~
Hello, guys, I really need your help~~
Is anybody here who could really analyse me situation???
Thank you so much~~
cr52401
04-23 08:57 PM
Guys, today I got our permanent residence visa from Canadian consular in LA that I almost had applied three years ago.
The visa is valid until June 9, 2007 and I really can not get my job done here in US until then. It is just too close. Even kinds will be in school by then.
Any one knows that if I can apply for an extension or not? I really don�t want to let it go since we spent so much money for it.
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.
The visa is valid until June 9, 2007 and I really can not get my job done here in US until then. It is just too close. Even kinds will be in school by then.
Any one knows that if I can apply for an extension or not? I really don�t want to let it go since we spent so much money for it.
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.
Maria_Mathew
12-19 01:52 PM
Hi Uma001,
Yes, she did work in India for 3 years. She got a full-time job opportunity with a fortune 500. It is direct employment.
Was she working in IT field back in India? Can you specify her skill sets? Was it easy for her to find a sponsoring company ?
I am on H4 and I was wondering whether it is easy to get a sponsoring company in this bad economy. Please reply when you get a chance....
Thanks,
-Maria
Yes, she did work in India for 3 years. She got a full-time job opportunity with a fortune 500. It is direct employment.
Was she working in IT field back in India? Can you specify her skill sets? Was it easy for her to find a sponsoring company ?
I am on H4 and I was wondering whether it is easy to get a sponsoring company in this bad economy. Please reply when you get a chance....
Thanks,
-Maria
sdrblr
08-22 04:31 PM
I believe there are very few left before April 1st 2004. EB2 I was stuck at April 1st 2004 for a long time and never moved from that date (excluding 2-3 times for a month or two when2006 people got approved). There will be lot of people from first half of 2004.
No comments:
Post a Comment