eb3retro
02-06 11:17 PM
I have seen lots of thread talking about filing 485 and getting EAD and having the opportunity to jump jobs. I faced a unique situation where I realized being on H1 is lot better than having EAD and invoking AC21. Correct me if I am wrong.
H1B:
1. Spouse cannot work.
2. Do not worry about 485 rejection.
3. Jump companies and go up the ladder as you are in H1 and not in EAD and still port the PD. THIS IS VERY USEFUL. CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.
4. No expenses for the employee for H1 related issues ( legally).
5. Stamping required. But only once in three years if you get 3 year extn after 140 approval.
EAD / AC21:
1. Spouse can work.
2. Invoke AC21, but you have to switch to similar job. This is very frustrating if you are looking to go up the ladder.
3. If you dont have any time left in your first 6 years of H1, you will be in big trouble if your 485 gets rejected for unknown reasons.
4. No stamping, but advance parole required.
5. Spend yearly on parole, EAD.
Anything else to be added to the above list?
EAD vs H1 - which is better.. my answer is whichever stage u are in - "Supporting IV is always better"...
H1B:
1. Spouse cannot work.
2. Do not worry about 485 rejection.
3. Jump companies and go up the ladder as you are in H1 and not in EAD and still port the PD. THIS IS VERY USEFUL. CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.
4. No expenses for the employee for H1 related issues ( legally).
5. Stamping required. But only once in three years if you get 3 year extn after 140 approval.
EAD / AC21:
1. Spouse can work.
2. Invoke AC21, but you have to switch to similar job. This is very frustrating if you are looking to go up the ladder.
3. If you dont have any time left in your first 6 years of H1, you will be in big trouble if your 485 gets rejected for unknown reasons.
4. No stamping, but advance parole required.
5. Spend yearly on parole, EAD.
Anything else to be added to the above list?
EAD vs H1 - which is better.. my answer is whichever stage u are in - "Supporting IV is always better"...
wallpaper Japan Tsunami Earthquake Live
raysaikat
03-17 03:53 PM
Need help- EB1 EA 140/485 petitions denied - how to maintain legal status
I am a research faculty in a top 25 university and my H1-B expires in Dec 2010. My concurrent self petitions of the EB1-EA of 140 and 485 were denied by TSC. I am waiting for the denial letter. My spouse is a permanent resident . What are my legal options to stay in the country?
Here is my petition break down
1-140 filed-May 2009
!-485 filed June 2009
EAD/AP Oct/Nov 2009
RFE on 140 -Feb 9 2010
Responded to RFE - Mar 11 2010
Denial posted on Mar 15.
Would filing the I-130 affect the refiling of I-140?
Appreciate inputs provided
See my reply above. To add to it, if your position is really a "faculty" position, then University will take care of your GC petition. However, if it is really a glorified title for a postdoc position, then they likely will not. In that case, you need to look for a new job.
I am a research faculty in a top 25 university and my H1-B expires in Dec 2010. My concurrent self petitions of the EB1-EA of 140 and 485 were denied by TSC. I am waiting for the denial letter. My spouse is a permanent resident . What are my legal options to stay in the country?
Here is my petition break down
1-140 filed-May 2009
!-485 filed June 2009
EAD/AP Oct/Nov 2009
RFE on 140 -Feb 9 2010
Responded to RFE - Mar 11 2010
Denial posted on Mar 15.
Would filing the I-130 affect the refiling of I-140?
Appreciate inputs provided
See my reply above. To add to it, if your position is really a "faculty" position, then University will take care of your GC petition. However, if it is really a glorified title for a postdoc position, then they likely will not. In that case, you need to look for a new job.
bharani
10-02 05:00 PM
As the title says if your EAD has expired or is about to expire in couple of days and have not received renewed EAD, what are you doing/planning to do?
I have seen few threads in the site having information all around. I thought may be its a good idea to consolidate them here.
I have seen few threads in the site having information all around. I thought may be its a good idea to consolidate them here.
2011 Japan Tsunami: Debris From
radhagd
03-09 04:05 PM
My friend has 2 I-140s one EB3 (PD Dec 2002) and second one EB2 (PD Nov 2006) - what is the best option for him.
Whether he can use earlier PD for EB2 (I-485).
Please share your knowledge.
Yes he can use earlier PD for EB2.
He can file I485 in EB2 by requesting recapturing priority date from EB3.
Whether he can use earlier PD for EB2 (I-485).
Please share your knowledge.
Yes he can use earlier PD for EB2.
He can file I485 in EB2 by requesting recapturing priority date from EB3.
more...
somegchuh
10-26 12:18 PM
My wife went for H4 visa stamping in New Delhi embassy yesterday. The visa officer asked her a couple of questions, then asked for my I797 approval notice. He kept the passport and the approval notice and said they will mail the passport with visa.
Do they mail the I797 back with passport? I need the original approval notice for travel and my documentation. Has anyone been through this? Is there a way to follow up with the embassy to get it back? If they lose the document that will be a serious problem.
Do they mail the I797 back with passport? I need the original approval notice for travel and my documentation. Has anyone been through this? Is there a way to follow up with the embassy to get it back? If they lose the document that will be a serious problem.
140jibjab
02-25 04:53 PM
People like your (friend's) wife are a shame to the legal immigration community. We come here to work hard and make a better living. I don't think, this woman deserve to be admitted back to the US and I am not sorry to be rude in this case.
I think it is a Petty case. As long u can provide the Court Disposition and the ticket issued to the consular officer, You will get the Visa.. Provide as much documentation about the case to the consular officer.
SNTHAMPI , you work hard dude, don't be Hard on others.
I think it is a Petty case. As long u can provide the Court Disposition and the ticket issued to the consular officer, You will get the Visa.. Provide as much documentation about the case to the consular officer.
SNTHAMPI , you work hard dude, don't be Hard on others.
more...
valatharv
07-15 08:33 PM
It will be very nice if anyone of you can help to my post.
"father FirstName and lastName reverse"
"father FirstName and lastName reverse"
2010 Sendai Japan tsunami flood
140jibjab
02-25 04:53 PM
People like your (friend's) wife are a shame to the legal immigration community. We come here to work hard and make a better living. I don't think, this woman deserve to be admitted back to the US and I am not sorry to be rude in this case.
I think it is a Petty case. As long u can provide the Court Disposition and the ticket issued to the consular officer, You will get the Visa.. Provide as much documentation about the case to the consular officer.
SNTHAMPI , you work hard dude, don't be Hard on others.
I think it is a Petty case. As long u can provide the Court Disposition and the ticket issued to the consular officer, You will get the Visa.. Provide as much documentation about the case to the consular officer.
SNTHAMPI , you work hard dude, don't be Hard on others.
more...

lazycis
12-05 04:25 PM
Correct. PR does not have an expiration date. Even though GC itself has a validity period, failure to renew it does not have effect on your PR.
hair Japan Tsunami - March 2011
BEC_fog
03-28 03:32 PM
As mentioned by Administrator2 to report any issues with the tracker on this thread, here are issues I found.
1. I tried to sort the listing on Priority Date. The issue is that it does alphabetical sorting and not sorting according to the date. It displays all members with Apr-01, then Apr-02, then Apr-03 instead of Apr-01, May-01, Jun-01 etc.
2. Also, right now, one can just go back or forth 2 pages at a time. say if you are on page 5, it displays page 3,4,5,6 and 7 as links. It would be nice to add a longer list of pages to jump to or a drop down/text box to jump to a desired page number would be better.
Nice work to add this tracker...this will prevent all the different polls popping up.
1. I tried to sort the listing on Priority Date. The issue is that it does alphabetical sorting and not sorting according to the date. It displays all members with Apr-01, then Apr-02, then Apr-03 instead of Apr-01, May-01, Jun-01 etc.
2. Also, right now, one can just go back or forth 2 pages at a time. say if you are on page 5, it displays page 3,4,5,6 and 7 as links. It would be nice to add a longer list of pages to jump to or a drop down/text box to jump to a desired page number would be better.
Nice work to add this tracker...this will prevent all the different polls popping up.
more...
pandu_hawaldar
10-05 12:47 PM
I applied for AP for primary and secondary applicants on 09/17 at TSC (RD 09/24). Online update showed that AP for Primary applicant has been approved, but the secondary still shows under review. Today I received approved AP for the Primary applicant in mail, but nothing for secondary applicant yet. Why TSC is not approving both the APs at the same time? Last time, I got the both at the same time. Any idea or guidance please.....
hot Local reports in Japan showed
deafTunes123
11-13 03:01 PM
I am curious. What is WOM?
To my knowledge there is no way to expedite the AOS process.
Gurus?
To my knowledge there is no way to expedite the AOS process.
Gurus?
more...
house japan tsunami 2011 pictures.
raj1998
05-19 10:09 AM
In the similar boat.. I received sms/email on 13th that 485 has been approved but have not received any welcome/approval letter till date. I am on H1b. It has expired and I don't have Advance Parole also. I need to travel urgently in first week of June 2011. I was thinking of getting my H1b stamped during the trip, but since that's not possible what are my options???
I called my lawyers office but really didn't get any sound reply... seems like that lost interest once I told them I am not filing EAD/AP and GC is approved
I called my lawyers office but really didn't get any sound reply... seems like that lost interest once I told them I am not filing EAD/AP and GC is approved
tattoo japan Agency tsunami,
GCcomesoon
05-12 08:49 AM
Great Job.I heard your call & I think you tried your best to explain our issues.I'm sure that something will surely change for the legal community in coming months.We have taken enough s..... till now.
Once again, nice job buddy
Keep up the spirits,we will get there
Thanks
GCcomesoon
Once again, nice job buddy
Keep up the spirits,we will get there
Thanks
GCcomesoon
more...
pictures Japan Tsunami 12.03.2011
sanjay
07-31 04:59 PM
Neither me nor my wife had US degree. Both went to Canada for stamping. myself in Ottawa and my wife in Toronto with in a gap of five months and had no problems what so ever. 7 of my friends also went to Canada for stamping but no issues with them also.
I think Canada is more safer than going India.
I think Canada is more safer than going India.
dresses japan-tsunami-earthquake-pics
krishnam70
07-09 12:45 PM
I read about the problem in this thread and immediatly called all our friends and signed up for the drive. We went in a group of 25 people and signed up. Hopefully something will work out for Vinay and people like him. This is not a one time effort but once we are in the registry we have the capability to help many others who might be needing help. I urge members to please go to the drive's or request information on how to create drives in your own city and help in this good cause.
more...
makeup japan tsunami 2011 map. japan
maddila
07-30 02:31 PM
One of my friends had the same problem from Madras consulate. they eventually called him to come back with the passport after 3 weeks. You will get it but it's just matter of time.........
girlfriend japan tsunami earthquake
BeCoolGuy
04-04 07:39 AM
Just two cents -
One - all that notice means is, technically USCIS can revoke your I-140 after 12 weeks.
Two - For you, anyways the damage is done. So don't worry. Go ahead ASAP with a response to RFE. If USCIS is any slow in revoking (which they very well can be), they'll take your response and as long as it satisfies their query, you may be good to go.. Remember, they are not your enemies, they are just doing their job of ensuring that every relevant document/proof exists.. And that those who work there are human too...
If it still gets revoked, you always have MTR option.
try to use a good attorney to do the job, especially if you to go MTR way.
Goodluck
One - all that notice means is, technically USCIS can revoke your I-140 after 12 weeks.
Two - For you, anyways the damage is done. So don't worry. Go ahead ASAP with a response to RFE. If USCIS is any slow in revoking (which they very well can be), they'll take your response and as long as it satisfies their query, you may be good to go.. Remember, they are not your enemies, they are just doing their job of ensuring that every relevant document/proof exists.. And that those who work there are human too...
If it still gets revoked, you always have MTR option.
try to use a good attorney to do the job, especially if you to go MTR way.
Goodluck
hairstyles Japan Tsunami Relief

texcan
10-17 12:23 AM
thanks and i am expecting more details
you can do any job you want in US, it does not have to be in any specific field.
Since you are/were on h4 you are a beneficiary. Only the primary applicant has to
work in the field in which his/her labor was filed, that too untill one gets the green card.
There are many thread in this forum on EAD benefits.
Go to Homepage-> Forums ( on left menu) and look for EAD specific topics.
Or search on this topic.
Now sure what more details you want,unless i can understand "Details" of your questions. Feel free shoot your questions and details will be provided at best i/we can.
you can do any job you want in US, it does not have to be in any specific field.
Since you are/were on h4 you are a beneficiary. Only the primary applicant has to
work in the field in which his/her labor was filed, that too untill one gets the green card.
There are many thread in this forum on EAD benefits.
Go to Homepage-> Forums ( on left menu) and look for EAD specific topics.
Or search on this topic.
Now sure what more details you want,unless i can understand "Details" of your questions. Feel free shoot your questions and details will be provided at best i/we can.
milind70
04-07 05:38 PM
I went back to my home country in 02 in an emergency situation and didn't submit my I-94 as well. No questions asked when I got back. Moreover, no issues/questions when I went back again in 05 and came back to the US. I didn't send anything to the USCIS. Not sure whether it affects naturalization or not but so far so good on my 485.
Maverick_2008
PS: What if the airline employee who takes our I-94 made a mistake and it didn't reach the USCIS for any reason? I could be wrong but I think it may not have a drastic impact on 485.
Rules change , processes change, dont set a precedence by saying not retuning is fine ,in my opinion it is better to return the I 94 .If they decide to closely scrutinize your case you could be issued RFE to submit all the copies of all I 94s and question you . I 94s serve a purpose , you are lucky that you had no issues , I have had seen a few friends who did not realise the importance of I 94 had to go thru major hassles due to it. I 94 is an improtant document please dont treat this matter lightly. I 94 defines the legal status and the length of your stay in thus country.
Airline staff can make mistakes thats why it is always better to make copy of the I 94 and keep for you records, the burden on proof is on you and not USCIS to show that you were legal status in this country all the while.
Maverick_2008
PS: What if the airline employee who takes our I-94 made a mistake and it didn't reach the USCIS for any reason? I could be wrong but I think it may not have a drastic impact on 485.
Rules change , processes change, dont set a precedence by saying not retuning is fine ,in my opinion it is better to return the I 94 .If they decide to closely scrutinize your case you could be issued RFE to submit all the copies of all I 94s and question you . I 94s serve a purpose , you are lucky that you had no issues , I have had seen a few friends who did not realise the importance of I 94 had to go thru major hassles due to it. I 94 is an improtant document please dont treat this matter lightly. I 94 defines the legal status and the length of your stay in thus country.
Airline staff can make mistakes thats why it is always better to make copy of the I 94 and keep for you records, the burden on proof is on you and not USCIS to show that you were legal status in this country all the while.
mdcowboy
04-28 05:48 PM
Texas also planning to join the bandwagon..
Texas lawmaker to introduce anti-immigration bill - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100428/ap_on_re_us/us_immigration_texas_1)
I can already see a future where there would be a law that would demand all immigrants wear some kind of bar code (rfid) so that it would be easier for law enforcement to track them down. :eek:
In regards to CIR..its all hogwash..my guess is that Dems are going to bring it on the floor and put up a masked brave fight to show that they at least tried to pass an immigration bill.
Texas lawmaker to introduce anti-immigration bill - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100428/ap_on_re_us/us_immigration_texas_1)
I can already see a future where there would be a law that would demand all immigrants wear some kind of bar code (rfid) so that it would be easier for law enforcement to track them down. :eek:
In regards to CIR..its all hogwash..my guess is that Dems are going to bring it on the floor and put up a masked brave fight to show that they at least tried to pass an immigration bill.
No comments:
Post a Comment